• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Ask the Moderator: Reviews, Community & Pics

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

So sorry to hear that sad

I would suggest you have a look through the new processes and tips, this may help you get selected in future.

However it is not a gaurentee that you will get something further to test from that one item we sent. Not everyone gets something on a regular basis if ever and a lot of factors are taken in consideration when we do select a reviewer. The above will help explain.

Good luck! 

MrandMrsAndy [sign in to see picture]

No i completely understand that was just checking i wasn't like blacklisted or anything first :)

BadBeeble [sign in to see picture]

Hi - I write a blog in which I post thoughts & opinions on sexy matters and I Also post erotic stories I have written. In the stories I often describe the use of toys which are stocked by Lovehoney - would it be acceptable to embed a link to the specific toy (as sold on your site)?

If this is allowed, I was also planning to share the reviews I've given on the toys /products I've purchased from your site - is this also ok?

I don't have a large following yet but am trying to build it.

I can provide link to my blog if you wish. Thank you.

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Incase Leanne misses your post BadBeeble, you might find this thread interesting.
    https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1522126-lovehoney-bloggers-brand-spanking-new/

BadBeeble [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the steer! Checking it now 🙂

[suspended user]

suspended user

I have a question.

When a member reports a thread, I know that the member needs to be directive to why they are reporting it in their comment, as the moderator only gets notified of the thread, and not which specific comment was reported, buuuut, my question is, does the moderator see which member the reporting is from?

Sum Sub wrote:

I have a question.

When a member reports a thread, I know that the member needs to be directive to why they are reporting it in their comment, as the moderator only gets notified of the thread, and not which specific comment was reported, buuuut, my question is, does the moderator see which member the reporting is from?

Yes, we do see who has sent in the report.

This is then used if we do require further information from the person that has sent in the report. 

Most of the reporters are pretty good with the information we require though so it's rare we would contact. 

[suspended user]

suspended user

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I have a question.

Yes, we do see who has sent in the report.

This is then used if we do require further information from the person that has sent in the report.

Most of the reporters are pretty good with the information we require though so it's rare we would contact.

thank you Leanne

DracoSaltus [sign in to see picture]

Question: does a toy need to be purchased from Lovehoney to be reviewed on Lovehoney? For example, I have the We-Vibe Touch from Lovehoney and the We-Vibe Tango from a Danish/Nordic web shop. If I write a review for each, can I post an English translation of my Tango review on Lovehoney? If yes, do I need to / am I allowed to mention that my original review is elsewhere and/or link to the other web store's product page or main page?

(I am going to ask the other site about their policies next, will post again when I have an answer from them)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

DracoSaltus wrote:

Question: does a toy need to be purchased from Lovehoney to be reviewed on Lovehoney? For example, I have the We-Vibe Touch from Lovehoney and the We-Vibe Tango from a Danish/Nordic web shop. If I write a review for each, can I post an English translation of my Tango review on Lovehoney? If yes, do I need to / am I allowed to mention that my original review is elsewhere and/or link to the other web store's product page or main page?

(I am going to ask the other site about their policies next, will post again when I have an answer from them)

Hi DracoSaltus

The short answer is: no! 😀

If you own a toy which you have purchased elsewhere, but we stock the exact same model, we're more than happy for you to share your experience with our members and review it here too. (Just be sure to check the price at Lovehoney before you answer the "value for money" part during the review process)

A lot of members do this when they haven't shopped with us yet, but want to to give us a taster of their writing style/ability to be considered for free sex toy tester items.  

Please do not link to where you bought the toy or anywhere else where your review may be published as this would be seen as advertising a competitor. If you have a review / sex blog you'd like to share you can do that in the Bloggers thread. 

Also, any review which has already be posted online elsewhere should technically be tweaked so it's not identical. The internet does not like duplicate content. 

Ideally what we want in a review is the star rating and just a few lines on:

- whether you liked it
    - did it "do the job"
    - anything you didn't like or think could be improved
    - who you would recommend the toy/product for

For lingerie we like to know what size you are, what size lingerie you bought and whether this was a good fit for you (to help other shoppers choose the best size for them)

And that's it really! Short and honest reviews are the best. 

Thanks 😀

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

How do I report a members profile image again? I tried customer care but they couldnt help?

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Throbinhood wrote:

How do I report a members profile image again? I tried customer care but they couldnt help?

Can't you use the 'report this post' button. Doesn't it ask for reason for reporting there?

Good to see you popping in btw xx

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

No they havnt posted anything yet so I can't report them on forum, guess it will have to stay for time being lol

Throbinhood wrote:

How strange Customer Care should email me directly.  Sorry about that. 

Would you mind emailing the name of the person you spoke with? It could just be a training issue to address. 

You can hit report on any post and give me their information, for example, to report an avi of mine if I had zero posts then hit report and state "Lovehoney - Leanne's avi breaks the rules."

Then that comes directly to a moderator. 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.