£4.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. £30

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Yaay! Leanne's back :D

Hope you had a marvellous break!

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

Welcome back Leanne 😄

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Welcome back Leanne. Hope you had a brilliant time while you were away:)

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

I agree with CoughDrop

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

CoughDrop wrote:

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

CoughDrop wrote:

1 - Why did you give absolutely no notice of these changes when you could have easily explained them?

2 - Are you going to listen to your loyal customers and publish any new changes or offer removals before they are implemented rather than try and justify them to upset customers later on?

Please reply LH, it would be most appreciated!!

Hey There

Apologies for the delay, I have been away on holibobs.

Thank you for addressing these questions to us. Please do feel free to contact customer care in regards to direct questions.

Many thanks for the comments and suggestions, they are all passed on.

Just a suggestion for you, you have three options in the Email Subscription section, why dont you add a fourth for LH News that would cover things like this, and at the same time make it so that you have to select boith the Special Offers and DOTD before you were able to select the LH News. That way you would have an option to communicate things like this, and at the saem time guarantee that all your loyal customers would activley sign up to Special Offers and DOTD.

Please pop this on the suggestions thread . Great idea , thank you.

In regards to the questions I am sorry I don't have the answers, please do contact customer care on this one. 

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

Seems a bit random to expect Lovehoney to post these sorts of explanations on an open forum when I would presume we wouldn't expect other companies to do the same?

Prices rise, and offers fall, but we shouldn't have to be given advance notice of this just because we are 'loyal customers'

As many others have said the small delivery charge is still super reasonable either way, and I don't see why someone should have to justify anything at all to us!

TheInvisibleTester [sign in to see picture]

I don't tend to order under £30 as I like to bulk order once every month or two. However, I really don't want it to go higher than that as it'd really be a shame. For some reason I hate being charged extra for shipping,i like it when it's included.
    I loved the deal of the week, shame that it's gone.
    Please don't get rid of the 3 for £25 though and if you do can you please warn me at least a week before? I'm obsessed with the lube and massage oil on there.

Jennylafay [sign in to see picture]

2,95 for post under 30 seems fair, although I agree a bit of a heads up to us would off been nice.

kinkykouple [sign in to see picture]

I must say the delivery charge levels whilst not the best for my wallet when I just want 1 item, it does wonders for my sex life as I usually just throw in a couple etc things from my wishlist :)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

CoughDrop wrote:

Hi Truegrace, I know what you mean, but there are several threads on this, and LH have commented on them several times, but not actually ansewered my questions.

If you look at this and earlier comments, you will see that we all acknowledge the cost increase, and the removal of the DOTD, we all know this is a business decision.

My only issue is with the lack of communication, we all have the opportunity to sign up for a plethera of marketing and offer emails from LH.
    We also see loads of offers and marketing on the homepage and throughout the website so that we never miss out on good deals, LH is brilliant at this.

BUT when it comes to the free delivery and removal of DOTD, absolutely nothing was said by LH.

I am only asking LH to tell us of these changes in advance so that we know what will be changed, it is not to much to ask, and is very easy to do.
    As we have LH representation in this forum I cannot see why they cannot answer the two questions. - because the LH representation here (me and Leanne) didn't make the changes and don't have the answers. More than 280 people work at Lovehoney so, understandably, we don't all have all the answers to all questions and would rather not make things up as we go along.
    -- To Q1 they could answer - Error on our part, sorry.
    -- To Q2 they could answer - yes OK
    -- To my suggestions they could answer - thankyou, passed to correct department.
    But no, the answers were talk to customer service, and post your suggestions again on the suggestions thread. - because this is the correct method of getting information from Lovehoney. The forum is not a place for customer care.... customer care is. 

If they had answered as above, my only comment would have been a thankful one, unfortunately, soemone isnt getting the point at LH yet.

I have run customer service, support, and marketing departments, and I know when the customer needs an answer.
    telling the customer to go elsewhere and do it all again is not placating anyone. 

In case you missed it Truegrace, I am not asking for justification, just for LH to keep us up to date please, thats all.

Hi CoughDrop

(Please see bold answers above and my best attempt at giving you some company insight below.)

I couldn't help but feel an additional reply is necessary as you're insisting that a reply is given here, instead of through the correct medium which is customer care. As you say, customer care are there for 1-2-1 conversations, which is exactly what this is. If you then feel that you'd like to take it upon yourself to add the information customer care give you to this forum post, you're more than welcome to do so. Leanne and I are not carrier pigeons and although we do pass on feedback, we have a lot (and I mean a LOT) of other responsibilities in our day-to-day jobs. If we took every message on the forum and relayed them back and forth in the way you're requesting, we'd never get anything else done. This is why customer care are their own department and not linked to the Content department at all; they are 'first contact' and we are content managers. 

Without going to customer care, I will try to answer your questions, but as Leanne has already told you, we don't have all the answers in this dpeartment so I'm not sure of how much use my ponderings will be to you, or even how accurate they are. This is me, filling in the blanks myself to try give you some food for thought and not actual answers from any of the decision makers during these recent changes. I am speaking from a personal level here, and not on the behalf of Lovehoney. 

Q1 - Well Lovehoney actually did drop a fair few hints that there were going to be some very big changes coming up, and mentioned it quite a few times before any changes came into place, however, as with most large business changes, the actual details of the changes were kept out of the public domain. Only staff were privvy to the upcoming changes and this is extremely common in most businesses. Just to be clear, Lovehoney made an active decision not to tell customers about these changes ahead of time for many reasons and this hasn't been an oversight. 

No matter what business-growth ideas Lovehoney have (whether its a new deal, a new style, a change to the terms .... etc etc etc), the company doesn't want any competitors finding out trade secrets and plans, therefore Lovehoney always keep things shtum. It's nothing new, we have always done it this way and it's always worked brilliantly for us. Also, if we look at the basics, Lovehoney have no obligation to tell customers, or anyone outside of the business, before a change happens. Lovehoney clearly do want to give the best customer care possibe, and after taking into account the potential damage letting this info out ahead of time could do, decided that this was the best service possible at the time.

Q2 - We're very unlikely to make changes to the way we announce changes, for all of the above reasons. 

Suggestion - Leanne has already said that all feedback is passed on to the correct department, and any additional suggestions should be added to the correct area of the forum (if this is the way you would like to make suggestions.) Otherwise, please contact customer care directly as non-forum users do, and they'll be happy to forward your suggestion(s) on for you. 

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Rather well explained Jess and hopefully that answer everyone questions. If you do have to pay postage then it is only £2.95 which is very reasonable and really isn't expensive.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Can this thread be closed now? I feel like the poor horse has been beat to death. While I appreciate everyone's opinion and frustration here I am just plain over it. I find the "free shipping" to be a great deal as a US customer it has been $40 since I started shopping here which is pretty equivalnet to 30 pounds. I often just add another item to my order to get the free shipping like cleaning wipes or lube that I will end up needing anyway! Considering the amazing offers, DOTD, bundles and everything else Lovehoney brings to the table this will be my continued perferred venue to shop.

Vanessa8 wrote:

Can this thread be closed now? I feel like the poor horse has been beat to death. While I appreciate everyone's opinion and frustration here I am just plain over it. I find the "free shipping" to be a great deal as a US customer it has been $40 since I started shopping here which is pretty equivalnet to 30 pounds. I often just add another item to my order to get the free shipping like cleaning wipes or lube that I will end up needing anyway! Considering the amazing offers, DOTD, bundles and everything else Lovehoney brings to the table this will be my continued perferred venue to shop.

Hey Vanessa8

I agree - and I thought about closing it after my post, but I didn't want to come across as though I wasn't happy to hear any responses - because I am :)

I will leave it open til tomorrow and close it at the end of the day. 

Thanks! 

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

+1 Vanessa8 to closing the thread.

WelshLover [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

CoughDrop wrote:

Hi Truegrace, I know what you mean, but there are several threads on this, and LH have commented on them several times, but not actually ansewered my questions.

If you look at this and earlier comments, you will see that we all acknowledge the cost increase, and the removal of the DOTD, we all know this is a business decision.

My only issue is with the lack of communication, we all have the opportunity to sign up for a plethera of marketing and offer emails from LH.
    We also see loads of offers and marketing on the homepage and throughout the website so that we never miss out on good deals, LH is brilliant at this.

BUT when it comes to the free delivery and removal of DOTD, absolutely nothing was said by LH.

I am only asking LH to tell us of these changes in advance so that we know what will be changed, it is not to much to ask, and is very easy to do.
    As we have LH representation in this forum I cannot see why they cannot answer the two questions. - because the LH representation here (me and Leanne) didn't make the changes and don't have the answers. More than 280 people work at Lovehoney so, understandably, we don't all have all the answers to all questions and would rather not make things up as we go along.
    -- To Q1 they could answer - Error on our part, sorry.
    -- To Q2 they could answer - yes OK
    -- To my suggestions they could answer - thankyou, passed to correct department.
    But no, the answers were talk to customer service, and post your suggestions again on the suggestions thread. - because this is the correct method of getting information from Lovehoney. The forum is not a place for customer care.... customer care is.

If they had answered as above, my only comment would have been a thankful one, unfortunately, soemone isnt getting the point at LH yet.

I have run customer service, support, and marketing departments, and I know when the customer needs an answer.
    telling the customer to go elsewhere and do it all again is not placating anyone.

In case you missed it Truegrace, I am not asking for justification, just for LH to keep us up to date please, thats all.

Hi CoughDrop

(Please see bold answers above and my best attempt at giving you some company insight below.)

I couldn't help but feel an additional reply is necessary as you're insisting that a reply is given here, instead of through the correct medium which is customer care. As you say, customer care are there for 1-2-1 conversations, which is exactly what this is. If you then feel that you'd like to take it upon yourself to add the information customer care give you to this forum post, you're more than welcome to do so. Leanne and I are not carrier pigeons and although we do pass on feedback, we have a lot (and I mean a LOT) of other responsibilities in our day-to-day jobs. If we took every message on the forum and relayed them back and forth in the way you're requesting, we'd never get anything else done. This is why customer care are their own department and not linked to the Content department at all; they are 'first contact' and we are content managers.

Without going to customer care, I will try to answer your questions, but as Leanne has already told you, we don't have all the answers in this dpeartment so I'm not sure of how much use my ponderings will be to you, or even how accurate they are. This is me, filling in the blanks myself to try give you some food for thought and not actual answers from any of the decision makers during these recent changes. I am speaking from a personal level here, and not on the behalf of Lovehoney.

Q1 - Well Lovehoney actually did drop a fair few hints that there were going to be some very big changes coming up, and mentioned it quite a few times before any changes came into place, however, as with most large business changes, the actual details of the changes were kept out of the public domain. Only staff were privvy to the upcoming changes and this is extremely common in most businesses. Just to be clear, Lovehoney made an active decision not to tell customers about these changes ahead of time for many reasons and this hasn't been an oversight.

No matter what business-growth ideas Lovehoney have (whether its a new deal, a new style, a change to the terms .... etc etc etc), the company doesn't want any competitors finding out trade secrets and plans, therefore Lovehoney always keep things shtum. It's nothing new, we have always done it this way and it's always worked brilliantly for us. Also, if we look at the basics, Lovehoney have no obligation to tell customers, or anyone outside of the business, before a change happens. Lovehoney clearly do want to give the best customer care possibe, and after taking into account the potential damage letting this info out ahead of time could do, decided that this was the best service possible at the time.

Q2 - We're very unlikely to make changes to the way we announce changes, for all of the above reasons.

Suggestion - Leanne has already said that all feedback is passed on to the correct department, and any additional suggestions should be added to the correct area of the forum (if this is the way you would like to make suggestions.) Otherwise, please contact customer care directly as non-forum users do, and they'll be happy to forward your suggestion(s) on for you.

WelshLover [sign in to see picture]

☹️

CoughDrop wrote:

Hi Jess

Many thanks for the answers, to be honest, not what we really expected, but a good standpoint from LH, much appreciated.

To answer one point of yours about the use of this thread, it was only because so many customers were discussing it openly, if you had too, then this thread would have been closed much earlier.

Thanks again, and go for close

yes Thanks for understanding, and I'm sorry it wasn't really the answer you were looking for! 

I shall close now! 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.