1. Secret Tester's FAQ

Sarah&james [sign in to see picture]

Hi leanne r we able to test now u did say that we had to have our review live which I think we have now

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Sarah&james wrote:

Hi leanne r we able to test now u did say that we had to have our review live which I think we have now

If you are interested in becoming a sex toy tester you are on the right track by reviewing and being a part of the community. 
    You should continue by reviewing some of the toys you already own and love and also participate in the forums. If we feel that your reviews are well written, honest and informative and that you have contributed positively to the forums, you may then be selected to receive free toys to review for Lovehoney.
    Please also ensure you put your address in your profile. If we don't have your current address, we can't send you products (even if we really wanted to)! 
    For more information about sex toy reviews, please visit 
    Unfortunately just because you have live reviews does not mean you will automatically be picked. 
    Good luck! 
    TandG [sign in to see picture]

As per usual very clear instructions. Keep up the awesome work it's very much appreciated

Alpha123 [sign in to see picture]

Ooopps just realised I had added some to the wrong list that were not on the tester page!

All sorted now :)

Andila [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

KarlsGirl78 wrote:

Read and understood, all my testing reviews have been done thoroughly and on time in the past and cover every area imaginable. Haven't test run anything for ages so hoping my list gets looked at soon. Fingers crossed

Your tester list is too long, I will never be able to send you anything with that many on your list.

Please make sure it is all relevant items from the weekly lists: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

All info is detailed here: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1577025-reviewing-for-lovehoney-all-you-need-to/

I am interested in reviewing and have added a few things to a list, what is the ideal list length? Can I add lingerie to the list? Just trying to get my head around it, thank you!

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Andila wrote:

KarlsGirl78 wrote:

Read and understood, all my testing reviews have been done thoroughly and on time in the past and cover every area imaginable. Haven't test run anything for ages so hoping my list gets looked at soon. Fingers crossed

Your tester list is too long, I will never be able to send you anything with that many on your list.

Please make sure it is all relevant items from the weekly lists: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

All info is detailed here: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1577025-reviewing-for-lovehoney-all-you-need-to/

I am interested in reviewing and have added a few things to a list, what is the ideal list length? Can I add lingerie to the list? Just trying to get my head around it, thank you!

If you read the info on those links you will learn everything you need to know. You should only add things to the list that are on the testers list currently. You can find the current list of available products on the first link. Your list also needs to be set to public so Leanne can see it :)

Bex21 [sign in to see picture]

My hubby and I would love to test and review items, we will give and honest opinion

Andila [sign in to see picture]

Thank you! Got my list up and running, so fingers crossed :)

If you are interested in becoming a sex toy tester you are on the right track by being a part of the community. 
    You should continue by reviewing some of the toys you already own and love and also participate in the forums. If we feel that your reviews are well written, honest and informative and that you have contributed positively to the forums, you may then be selected to receive free toys to review for Lovehoney.
    Please also ensure you put your address in your profile. If we don't have your current address, we can't send you products (even if we really wanted to)! 
    For more information about sex toy reviews, please visit 
    Unfortunately just because you have live reviews does not mean you will automatically be picked. 
    Good luck! 
    Vixenchel [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the added info have reread it all. :)

Would love to test for LH I continue to buy from you and have always loved what I bought :)

New Question added: 

Do I need state in my review that I am a tester? 

That is up to you if you wish to mention it. However, we would rather you use the space to talk about the product itself. If you are testing lingerie maybe use that space to talk about your dress size/cup size/height and the size received - this is far more helpful. 

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Bump 👍.

Mr-Mrs-Sexy [sign in to see picture]

I've just got back from being away with work for a few months so im sure my OH would be massively appricative for something to test together!

Hello there

So as we are posting for more regular testers that are secret I thought a little FAQ may help.

When will the product be sent?

Sometimes on the same day as receiving the 'you have been selected email'. Sometimes I find reviewers ready for the samples to come in.  I will always mention if the samples are not ready yet in the posting thread. So if this has been mentioned please expect the item within a month. A dispatch email shall be sent via me or the warehouse on dispatch.

Why is my review order showing as cancelled?

I set the order up in the account for review chaser purposes, I then manually send the item to you :) Unless I have made a mistake and in this case, I will email haha!

Where can I see the product description?

You can’t. The item is not live so we do not have that access to give you. If there are special instructions they will be included in the parcel.

Have you got my review, could you email me to say you got it?

Please give 72 working hours to allow us time to edit reviews to go live. Once a review is edited to go live you will receive an email. Please be patient. If you still don't have an email after 72 hours please contact me or Customer Care.

What is the RRP?

Occasionally we know this but not always, so if I can give the RRP I certainly will on the letter that arrives with the secret tester. I can never give an exact RRP as this isn’t always shared until it is due to go live. If you do not have the RRP please continue the review without this.

The product page link does not work, where can I review this?

The product page will not work until it is live. You can review with the 'write my review' link in your account and if there isn't one then use the standard review llink:https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/reviews/write-a-review.html

My review says it is live but the link will not work?

It will not work until the product goes live, as soon as it shows on the site so will your review.

How can I be selected for a secret item?

They are from forum posts that crop up stating REVIEW in the title. You need to pop your name to the list by commenting with the item name you wish to be considered for. Live reviews are a requirement and typically I look for people that have had an item from the tester list before. Please also make sure all the questionnaires are completed, this way you may get a super secret email to review for us.

When does my review need to be in?

1 month, unless I state otherwise on the thread and email. Some secret items do require a quick turnaround. The deadline if sooner, will be stated on the forum or in the invitation email so please read the details in full before committing. The deadline DOES NOT include shipping. If there are delays in receiving your parcel (super rare) do let me know ASAP.

Am I Blacklisted, I haven't received a tester recently? Do I have a black mark against my name?

I have started emailing warnings for testers, much like rule breaking in the forum. This can be due to not keeping to the T & Cs eg: sharing details of an item that is not yet live on the site. However we are not obliged to send warnings, so this will not always happen. If you have stuck to the T &Cs, deadlines and are not receiving chaser emails it is safe to say you are ok and it is simply that you have not been suited to some recent testers. Please do remember it is a privilege and not a right.

Reasons you will receive a 'black mark': Sharing data that is not yet shareable, Constant chasers being sent, No email communication to chasers, Quality of reviews has decreased- we may think you need a break from testers, Whistleblowing via social media in regards to LH- we need to trust our reviewers especially as we are sending not yet released items. If you think: ah yes this rings a bell you may have a black mark - sorry.

YOU WILL NOT BE BLACKLISTED FOR RECEIVING THE ODD CHASER EMAIL. If you do have any issues/ need a break please simply email me: community@lovehoney.co.uk

Do we take the amount of forum activity by a member into consideration when selecting testers?The short answer is no.

Message count does not contribute towards becoming a tester. We do state:  "If we feel that your reviews are well written, honest and informative and you have contributed positively to the forums". This is nothing to do with the amount of activity.  

The forum activity gives us an insight into the tester's likes and dislikes so certainly by positively contributing it can help be selected for the right item but it certainly won't stop you ever being selected.  

Can I share details of my secret item on this forum? 

No.  This includes images.  They are secret testers until they potentially go live. Failure to keep them hush can result in removal from the tester programme. If you have a question about secret testers please contact customer care. 

My tester is faulty, shall I just review it?

No, if it is faulty that means you can not review it as the tester reviews are for use, fit, feel etc. If you are unfortunate enough to have a faulty tester piece please contact Customer Care stating you have a faulty tester. If you wish to contact me you can do so too. 

Do I need state in my review that I am a tester? 

That is up to you if you wish to mention it. However, we would rather you use the space to talk about the product itself. If you are testing lingerie maybe use that space to talk about your dress size/cup size/height and the size received - this is far more helpful. 

Any questions I may have missed, post below and I will add them ...

For any new reviewers out there, here is all you need to know about secret testing 

Tazzy84red [sign in to see picture]

're read xx

Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

Having tested items in the past, if selected, writing a negative review won't stop you getting further ones either, an honest assessment and to the guidelines provided is what LH need. So the simple message to any newbie tester is, what does it do for you? Tell them, and ultimately us, your experience.

LadySpider [sign in to see picture]

I've gone crazy and broke the bank this month with buying stuff...BF said he is feeling threatened by my collection lol - so one of the suction cup rabit vibrators would really drive him insane!

TandG [sign in to see picture]

Dear Leanne,

Would you be informed if you were given a black mark against you?

Many thanks

TandG

TandG wrote:

Dear Leanne,

Would you be informed if you were given a black mark against you?

Many thanks

TandG

Potentially, if rules have been broken regarding secret testers etc. 

Am I Blacklisted, I haven't received a tester recently? Do I have a black mark against my name?

I have started emailing warnings for testers, much like rule breaking in the forum. This can be due to not keeping to the T & Cs eg: sharing details of an item that is not yet live on the site. However we are not obliged to send warnings, so this will not always happen. If you have stuck to the T &Cs, deadlines and are not receiving chaser emails it is safe to say you are ok and it is simply that you have not been suited to some recent testers. Please do remember it is a privilege and not a right.

Reasons you will receive a 'black mark': Sharing data that is not yet shareable, Constant chasers being sent, No email communication to chasers, Quality of reviews has decreased- we may think you need a break from testers, Whistleblowing via social media in regards to LH- we need to trust our reviewers especially as we are sending not yet released items. If you think: ah yes this rings a bell you may have a black mark - sorry.

YOU WILL NOT BE BLACKLISTED FOR RECEIVING THE ODD CHASER EMAIL. If you do have any issues/ need a break please simply email me: community@lovehoney.co.uk

Cutecountrygirl [sign in to see picture]

Very useful information here, looking forward to getting the chance to do a review.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.