£1.49 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  • Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Secret Tester's FAQ

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but would someone be emailed inviting them to be a tester and then not chosen and hear nothing?

i ask because a few months ago i was emailed saying that i had been selected to be a secret tester based on my postings on a particular thread on here. I replied the same day saying that i would be interested and then heard nothing.

i knew it was a range that was yet to be launched so i assumed i wouldnt hear anything until the item was dispatched. After a few months i heard nothing so emailed and had no reply. A few days later i saw that the new range had been released complete with reviews.

I have been chosen as a tester in this way before so was a bit surprised by the chain of events this time.

Yes, this has happened recently

You will get a dispatch email from myself or the warehouse if you have been selected and made it to the final cut.

Sorry I wish I could send to all that reply. 

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Ok thank you for the reply :) i was worrying that i had broken a rule and been banned or something! Now i can relax and carry on as normal

I send warnings now on breaking tester rules so you would soon know wink

***PLEASE READ  **

There has been some recent confusion on deadlines and chasers so I am looking to clarify.

When I send a tester invite email, like the recent indulge me items the email will state something like this: 

I am emailing you as you expressed interest in another range to review

after the Seduce me launch. This again will be on a 2 week deadline.

Those of you that reviewed these ranges will see this on the initial email. 

If you reply I assume you are happy with this stated deadline. If you are not please please PLEASE let me know.  I do try to be fair in every situation. The deadlines are set and arranged with reviewers before dispatch. If that can not be met we may work out other arrangements if needed. 

The chaser emails are system set from the dispatch date to the deadline date. If you have a late shipment let me know, I will usually add extra time (around 1 week).Sometimes resulting in a return to help that paticular reviewer to cancel the agreement.  This way I can let the people chasing me know in plenty of time what is going on. You have deadlines and so do I. 

So do read the email in great detail before letting me know if you can review something and take note of the required review time frame. If it does not state a time frame it will be the standard 1 month.

If you have been receipt of a chaser mail this does not mean we want to kick you off the tester list it is a gentle reminder and your chance to let us know. However continued chasers can have an impact. I am sure many testers can tell you that they have recieved a chaser mail and still test for us... 

Hope this helps clarify a few recent confusions.

Added a new one & expanded on some more as I am aware some are worrying you are blacklisted.

I am not evil I am quite resonable and happy to discuss indervidual circumstances regarding deadlines. I do often expand this if needed.  Many members have recieved this treatment.

Am I Blacklisted , I haven't received a tester recently? Do I have a black mark against my name?

I have started emailing warnings for testers, much like rule breaking in the forum. This can be due to not keeping to the T & Cs eg: sharing details of an item that is not yet live on the site. However we are not obliged to send warnings, so this will not always happen. If you have stuck to the T &Cs, deadlines and are not receiving chaser emails it is safe to say you are ok and it is simply that you have not been suited to some recent testers. Please do remember it is a privilidge and not a right.

Reasons you will recieve a 'black mark': Sharing data that is not yet shareable, Constant chasers being sent, No email communication to chasers, Quality of reviews has decreased- we may think you need a break from testers, Whistle blowing via social media in regards to LH- we need to trust our reviewers especially as we are sending not yet released items. If you think: ah yes this rings a bell you may have a black mark - sorry.

YOU WILL NOT BE BLACKLISTED FOR RECEIVING THE ODD CHASER EMAIL OR FOR RECIEVING/REVIEWING A FAULTY ITEM. If you do have any issues/ need a break please simply email me: community@lovehoney.co.uk

**bump** 

Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for all the info. I hope to be a tester one day :)

Lucy.Locket [sign in to see picture]

Me to browncoats. I struggle to decide on what I want so if someone chose little surprises (secret squirrel or normal) for me to test it would be ideal. 😀

When the normal tester list is refreshed I always go for things I wouldn't necessarily buy. But then pretty open to trying new things :)

Browncoats wrote:

Lucy.Locket wrote:

Hey guys 

Thanks for the interest in reviewing for us.

Make sure you read through the Tester thread to increase your chances to maybe get selected. 

Make sure your tester wishlist contains items from this list & Good Luck! 

Done all that have been going through my toys and leaving reviews when ever I have a spare few minutes :) I admit that before I became active in the group I had done it completely wrong lol just so I know, if I review the bits from the mystery box do I say it was part of the bundle or is it best not to?

Browncoats wrote:

if I review the bits from the mystery box do I say it was part of the bundle or is it best not to?

It is up to you on that front.

We don't advertise what is on them as they are mystery bundles, but we are aware people we share and discuss what they have recieved. 

So it all depends if you wish to keep the mystery element to these bundles yes

That's what I'm worried about. Spoiling it for others. It's one thing to share in here when someone asked but Im not sure it's fair to say it on the main website as after all its supposed to be a surprise :)

Tony McA [sign in to see picture]

Browncoats wrote:

Done all that have been going through my toys and leaving reviews when ever I have a spare few minutes :) I admit that before I became active in the group I had done it completely wrong lol

I did the same thing, adding things all willy-nilly, ha! Thankfully my more detail-oriented wife read through carefully and fixed it for us. It would be pretty cool to get to test something.

MrandMrsAndy [sign in to see picture]

Browncoats wrote:

That's what I'm worried about. Spoiling it for others. It's one thing to share in here when someone asked but Im not sure it's fair to say it on the main website as after all its supposed to be a surprise :)

I didn't spoil it in my review. I put a few references to price so if people wanted to look it would be easy to find that main item. I did post what i received in it on here on a thread about what was received because the people reading that expect spoilers and are actually looking for them :)

Yes that's what I'm thinking Mrandmrsandy

Red5x [sign in to see picture]

These are sensible rules. Don't understand why or how people get it wrong....

Red5x wrote:

These are sensible rules. Don't understand why or how people get it wrong....

It happens as it can get a little confusing. 

Do take a look at your Tester Wishlist as it  contains many products that are not in the current list: 

Some further information here may help: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1545926-reviewing-as-a-sex-toy-tester-hints-tips/.

Good luck! 

I have a question for all of you secret squirrels...

Has anyone noticed the title of my secret invitation emails?

Secret Tester Invitation... S.TI... Totally unintentional! Oops 🙊 

Have to change that habit lol 

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

Lol , I never noticed....just shows how unobservant I am !

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.