• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Monthly photo competitions?

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

i can vouch for that i came as a runner up for oh points im a size22/ 24 and it was a item i brought my self as is most my stuff from here but i don't expect free things lovehoney is only company that ha S given me a tester in my life before. its lovely but not somthing i look for when sshopping idon't think anyone should have sour grapes. as its just a lovely add extra. If i don't get one then somone else has and im happy for them. Its not a entiltment . my image was just a selfy to no back grounds lights and i have stretch marks of 6 kids and money is tight to with so many children. I buy what i can when i can although to much recently lol. What im trying to say is im sure there is no conspiracy here. And i thank love honey do a amazing job its hard to make everyone happy but my god they do there best and i thank all involved its alot of work to get a company as good as this.

I wasn't saying testers were the absolute only way to win - in fact I added them as an after-thought based on the post I was quoting. I don't expect anything for free - I never would - however my point was that people who have been here for a longer time get the testers, while people who have maybe been here says 6 months or less don't. That makes sense from a business point of view and I'm not sour about it at all. I understand it.

My issue lies with almost every winner on there for this year looks the part - I feel that's discouraging. To me specifically. Like I said, I was only talking from my own point of view but it was pretty discouraging to see that. Again, another point raised was that the same people kept winning and these were the same people getting testers quite often - which I assume is where the idea came from of the cycle that people get testers and use them to win more free stuff when Lovehoney already gave them free stuff - it's unfair to people who can't afford it or who get overlooked due to the age of their account or simply because other people are regulars.

I know that isn't the case all the time, but people here have stated the same thing as me that it has occured. It is a bit unfair that that can happen, in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't have sour grapes about it, I was just stating why I - MYSELF - do not/did not participate. I felt I wasn't what the competition was looking for. I prefer to go for the review of the month as I find that putting myself up on internet only serves to bother me. I don't want to and don't do it on any site so Lovehoney isn't going to be an exeception - again personal preference here.

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

Nah that's understandable, it's all each to their own! 😁I'm round the 22 mark myself, and the pics I've posted this month nearly never were as my confidence had gone, but doing the pics has brought it back! I do the photos for me, and while a win in a competition would be nice, I don't expect it and it's not the main reason why I post the pics. But I must say I'm enjoying twitter 😃

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Twitter Twitter as I call it just not for me, not even on Facebook!!!

I will continue to post my pics on here (OK can hear the groans already lol). As another plus size hope to continue to encourage others to do the same xxx

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures wrote:

i can vouch for that i came as a runner up for oh points im a size22/ 24 and it was a item i brought my self as is most my stuff from here but i don't expect free things lovehoney is only company that ha S given me a tester in my life before. its lovely but not somthing i look for when sshopping idon't think anyone should have sour grapes. as its just a lovely add extra. If i don't get one then somone else has and im happy for them. Its not a entiltment . my image was just a selfy to no back grounds lights and i have stretch marks of 6 kids and money is tight to with so many children. I buy what i can when i can although to much recently lol. What im trying to say is im sure there is no conspiracy here. And i thank love honey do a amazing job its hard to make everyone happy but my god they do there best and i thank all involved its alot of work to get a company as good as this.

I wasn't saying testers were the absolute only way to win - in fact I added them as an after-thought based on the post I was quoting. I don't expect anything for free - I never would - however my point was that people who have been here for a longer time get the testers, while people who have maybe been here says 6 months or less don't. That makes sense from a business point of view and I'm not sour about it at all. I understand it.

My issue lies with almost every winner on there for this year looks the part - I feel that's discouraging. To me specifically. Like I said, I was only talking from my own point of view but it was pretty discouraging to see that. Again, another point raised was that the same people kept winning and these were the same people getting testers quite often - which I assume is where the idea came from of the cycle that people get testers and use them to win more free stuff when Lovehoney already gave them free stuff - it's unfair to people who can't afford it or who get overlooked due to the age of their account or simply because other people are regulars.

I know that isn't the case all the time, but people here have stated the same thing as me that it has occured. It is a bit unfair that that can happen, in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't have sour grapes about it, I was just stating why I - MYSELF - do not/did not participate. I felt I wasn't what the competition was looking for. I prefer to go for the review of the month as I find that putting myself up on internet only serves to bother me. I don't want to and don't do it on any site so Lovehoney isn't going to be an exeception - again personal preference here.

i think the reason being its longer members that seem to get tester is that you have to of written a certain amount of reviews im guessing thats for a number of reasons to make sure of a certain quality that there helpful to potential buyers also encourage people to write reviews i guess as a in sent I've as they will obviously help sales. So i can see why. Sours grapes was referring to someone that wrote sour grapes i guess comment.
    glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

VioletWolf wrote:

Was saying to Throbin yesterday I've never known a company like LH, the interactions staff have with customers and this community that they're a part of, second to none. No other company does as much for customers. But as you say, can't please everybody all of the time. Let's wait and see how the new system goes, do come join us on Twitter, this is aimed at everyone, you can make an account under your LH username rather than your real name, and you can make your tweets private so only people who follow you can see, and you can have it so you have to approve people before they can follow you. It's entirely possible to keep your anonymity, and go between twitter and the forums too! 😁😁

i realy am going to try this would love to join you both if i ever figure it out 😂
    stewty [sign in to see picture]

VioletWolf wrote:

Was saying to Throbin yesterday I've never known a company like LH, the interactions staff have with customers and this community that they're a part of, second to none. No other company does as much for customers. But as you say, can't please everybody all of the time. Let's wait and see how the new system goes, do come join us on Twitter, this is aimed at everyone, you can make an account under your LH username rather than your real name, and you can make your tweets private so only people who follow you can see, and you can have it so you have to approve people before they can follow you. It's entirely possible to keep your anonymity, and go between twitter and the forums too! 😁😁

Great idea VioletWolf, I've signed up to Twitter just now myself.
    Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

glittergirl wrote:

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I am not sure where the idea has come from that only testers with review items won...Many have won from their own purchased lingerie collection. So yes you needed to have had something from Lovehoney to show in the pic, this could have been a purchased item or tester item.

Winners & Runners up have been slim, curvy, male, creative, over the top, subtle... So I would like to say we haven't just pick one paticular body type. Sadly we haven't had that much to pick from recently, making it seem like we have bee lined for the same people & same type of image. The winners are well deserved in our eyes - no matter what shape or size.

We would have loved to see more people join in, but people have chosen not to and that is absolutely fine. We love that those that do feel comfortable to will show off how the items look on our customers. It helps other members here and that is fantastic!

There will not be anything replacing it forum/blog wise. As stated we will be doing image based competitions on social media platforms.

Thank you all for your participation in the previous model of the month posts & thank you all for your feedback regarding it's closure.

Winners of the final will be announced in the forum after the Christmas break.

What a great post, I couldn't say it better myself

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

Commenting on here in the hopes you'll see this (think we may need to refresh another thread or start a new one for this 🙊) but LNT - your new pics are gorgeous! 😍 You really suit that bodystocking, looks stunning 😍😍

VioletWolf wrote:

Commenting on here in the hopes you'll see this (think we may need to refresh another thread or start a new one for this 🙊) but LNT - your new pics are gorgeous! 😍 You really suit that bodystocking, looks stunning 😍😍

Thank you - sweet of you to say so xxx

A new thread will defo be needed as MOTM not going to exist anymore - still upset over that :(

Xxx

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Yes its a little sad that the photo competition is ending, they really should have just tweaked it a little to make it popular once again!

But seems social media is the way most companies go in the end to reach a wider audience!

I can totally understand the reason why, just a shame they cant do both!

But I will continue to post pictures on both formats as its fun!

Hope you all like my new caveman ones lol :)

Personally I think a little 'tweak' to the title would have encouraged more to enter i.e., Lingerie Photo of the Month or something like that.

Much less intimidating for people who are not model shaped such as myself, and after all, it was always supposed to be about the picture of the lingerie, not the person wearing it.

Oh well, decision has been taken so no point in crying over it now

As you can see I am still posting pics anyway xxx

I did of course mean female and male 'lingerie' just in case I am accused of being sexist !!!! Xxx

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Oops, I've just realised that I posted my last photos on the plus size version of the piece :P

mamz wrote:

Oops, I've just realised that I posted my last photos on the plus size version of the piece :P

I think we can see you are not plus size - not that there is anything wrong with it - I am!!!!

You look gorgeous BTW xxxx

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

mamz wrote:

LOl it doesnt matter, you look good :)

mamz [sign in to see picture]

It's not about the conotation of the plus size, just that it's not the same product haha, I wonder if matters

And thanks to you two

Kanu Suckmeov [sign in to see picture]

lovingnewtoys wrote:

mamz wrote:

I think we can see you are not plus size - not that there is anything wrong with it - I am!!!!

mamz

Love the new pics, you look stunning!

LNT

I see you have posted a picture of Mr LNT in your new pics, his shorter than I was expecting. lol And as the Americans would say, you look "awesome" as usual.

Kanu Suckmeov wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

mamz wrote:

mamz

Love the new pics, you look stunning!

LNT

I see you have posted a picture of Mr LNT in your new pics, his shorter than I was expecting. lol And as the Americans would say, you look "awesome" as usual.

And a little hairer no doubt!! Lol And thank you, you are always very kind xxx
    bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Have you been able to decide on a winning photo yet Leanne? Or is there too many choices? Know you are busy as well with it being Christmas.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I will be announcing  winning enteries Tuesday as I am unable to send the winning voucher at the moment smiley

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.