• Monthly photo competitions?

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

Get rocking your Santa hat quick sticks mamz! 😁😁

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Haha sorry violetwolf, but I have no idea what that means :P

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

It means put your father Christmas hat on and look sexy.
    ;)

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

lovingnewtoys wrote:

And more apologies SumSub if I am included in 'the usual suspects' category

No need for apologies. Although you weren't one of the ones in mind when I typed that. I don't doubt the value of seeing lingerie on real people. I've just felt for awhile that there was a bit of a loop going on - get item for tester - submit pic - win comp. Just sour grapes I spose. No hurt intended.
    mamz [sign in to see picture]

Haaa! Haha i won't be taking any more pics tho so let's hope these fit in the theme :P

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

No need for apologies. Although you weren't one of the ones in mind when I typed that. I don't doubt the value of seeing lingerie on real people. I've just felt for awhile that there was a bit of a loop going on - get item for tester - submit pic - win comp. Just sour grapes I spose. No hurt intended.
    Thanks. I was worried I had offended xxx

Mamz I do like that red robe, looks a lot more classy than I thought it would! 😁😍

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

mamz wrote:

Haaa! Haha i won't be taking any more pics tho so let's hope these fit in the theme :P

They are great looking pictures red is always xmasy

Hendo1986 [sign in to see picture]

I can vouch for twitter violetwolf.. got an account for the first time due to people on here and wow.. blows my mind..

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Exactly why it was time to retire this.  Hardly anyone participates making it a few people to pick from yes

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

That's what I've always thought about MOTM - you need money to win and that's something we don't have a lot of, especially over christmas - then there's testers which a lot of people won't get for a long time but members who have been here a long time get lots - expensive ones at that - again something for nothing for the regulars.

The other thing that puts me off is 'Model', I get the term, just the stigma attached to it puts me off uploading anything for it. I am certainly not a model - and looking at the recent picture that won (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/sxleksaker/, you look amazing in that lingerie, by the way, the colour looks great on you) I look nothing like that. I'm not that round, first of all. I'm covered in stretch marks from giving birth a year ago - contraception has made me gain three sizes in less than a year - how on earth am I supposed to win anything when people who DO look like models come around every month and look amazing?

I know that's more of a personal issue but I am willing to bet other people feel the same way. Also, I don't think that is the same stigma for men as such, may be for some, but it's certainly the way the competition has made me feel looking back over previous winners. I for one don't think it's such a bad thing that it will be going - however I would like to see a replacement at least..

I am not sure where the idea has come from that only testers with review items won...Many have won from their own purchased lingerie collection. So yes you needed to have had something from Lovehoney to show in the pic, this could have been a purchased item or tester item. 

Winners & Runners up have been slim, curvy, male, creative, over the top, subtle... So I would like to say we haven't just pick one paticular body type. Sadly we haven't had that much to pick from recently, making it seem like we have bee lined for the same people & same type of image. The winners are well deserved in our eyes - no matter what shape or size.

We would have loved to see more people join in, but  people have chosen not to and that is absolutely fine. We love that those that do feel comfortable to will show off how the items look on our customers. It helps other members here and that is fantastic! 

There will not be anything replacing it forum/blog wise. As stated we will be doing image based competitions on social media platforms. 

Thank you all for your participation in the previous model of the month posts & thank you all for your feedback regarding it's closure. 

Winners of the final will be announced in the forum after the Christmas break. 

Sorry to keep banging on, but will members still be able to upload their pics just to share with the community? I really do enjoy seeing other people model lingerie that I've been on the fence about buying! 😁

Yea the upload system will still in place.

The page will have a make over as it is aimed at the competition currently so new words and a new graphic. Like a New Year - New You kinda thing haha 

Awesome! God you guys are gonna be busy with all the changes, my the odds be ever in your favour 😂

*may

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Throbinhood wrote:

glittergirl wrote:

I don't understand twitter im blonde i know but how the fudge dose it work lmao 😂😂🙈

i see 🙄 still clueless thou 😂🙈

Twitter is a good way of following companies on the internet :)

VioletWolf wrote:

Glittergirl I'm just floundering around 😂 Throbin is helping me though, I'm useless 😅😅

gonna be doing same i think 😃

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I am not sure where the idea has come from that only testers with review items won...Many have won from their own purchased lingerie collection. So yes you needed to have had something from Lovehoney to show in the pic, this could have been a purchased item or tester item.

Winners & Runners up have been slim, curvy, male, creative, over the top, subtle... So I would like to say we haven't just pick one paticular body type. Sadly we haven't had that much to pick from recently, making it seem like we have bee lined for the same people & same type of image. The winners are well deserved in our eyes - no matter what shape or size.

We would have loved to see more people join in, but people have chosen not to and that is absolutely fine. We love that those that do feel comfortable to will show off how the items look on our customers. It helps other members here and that is fantastic!

There will not be anything replacing it forum/blog wise. As stated we will be doing image based competitions on social media platforms.

Thank you all for your participation in the previous model of the month posts & thank you all for your feedback regarding it's closure.

Winners of the final will be announced in the forum after the Christmas break.

i can vouch for that i came as a runner up for oh points im a size22/ 24 and it was a item i brought my self as is most my stuff from here but i don't expect free things lovehoney is only company that ha S given me a tester in my life before. its lovely but not somthing i look for when sshopping idon't think anyone should have sour grapes. as its just a lovely add extra. If i don't get one then somone else has and im happy for them. Its not a entiltment . my image was just a selfy to no back grounds lights and i have stretch marks of 6 kids and money is tight to with so many children. I buy what i can when i can although to much recently lol. What im trying to say is im sure there is no conspiracy here. And i thank love honey do a amazing job its hard to make everyone happy but my god they do there best and i thank all involved its alot of work to get a company as good as this.

Was saying to Throbin yesterday I've never known a company like LH, the interactions staff have with customers and this community that they're a part of, second to none. No other company does as much for customers. But as you say, can't please everybody all of the time. Let's wait and see how the new system goes, do come join us on Twitter, this is aimed at everyone, you can make an account under your LH username rather than your real name, and you can make your tweets private so only people who follow you can see, and you can have it so you have to approve people before they can follow you. It's entirely possible to keep your anonymity, and go between twitter and the forums too! 😁😁

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.