99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Lovehoney Adverts

Foxxy [sign in to see picture]

Side note - There's has been a guy in Lovehoney adverts that wasn't white 👍🏼

Lupina [sign in to see picture]

I never meant to make this us against them. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post because that wasn't my intention. It was more 'we' as someone who is gay myself.

I just don't see gay couples often and since making some great friends with gay people on here I was surprised that gay people weren't included in the advert. This wasn't supposed to be a hate post. I guess I notice representation (or lack of it) because I don't have many straight friends and we all get excited when we DO see gay people included, which seems sad. Even if it's only an advert, at least we can hope to be included in a future advert - When there aren't as many restrictions!

I think the LH staff comments sum it up best to be honest. I understand why they can't but I just didn't understand the wording at the end of the first one? It was very strange. Possibly a misunderstanding though.

But I still think it's sad that gay people can be seen as something inherently sexual or kinky. Even if this is a sex toy site...

I think a lot of you a jumping on random sentences of my post to attack though? As I've definitely been misunderstood on a few counts but either way I know this was never meant to spread hate. I was curious and now I know why gay people aren't in the advert... And that not many people seem to care... But I guess everyone has something that gets up their butts. And lack of representation is mine. (Or one of ;) )

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

Could have been all women or all men in the advert for me and i wouldn't kick up a stink. People are just a consequence of an advert and you aren't really supposed to notice them. Brand brand and brand. Do you feel the same about holiday companies advertising holidays with a man and woman in or perfume ads showing a loved up male/female couple?

Yeah I do to be honest, I have no problem with straight people in adverts it's just that it's so rare that gay couples are in them... I guess because they had 4 couples in the advert I would have liked some diversity but what's done is done and LH Staff have said maybe in the future :)

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

So if we watch an advert on TV for say....a kids breakfast cereal, we need a whole row of children from every ethnic group, with every disability, from every class etc eating it ?

How very bizarre !

You can poke fun but it's just a little representation I would like...

I love how CBeebies include so many disabled children in their TV shows as I worked with severely disabled children and they loved seeing people who looked like them on TV! I think the one with Mr Tumble is especially good! Although I did learn some random sign language like 'sausages' and 'bubbles' - Not really things I can use in normal conversation!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.