£4.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Please bring back the detailed ratings!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Thank you, Matt, for your answer.

I'd just like to add that the product descriptions (videos included) and the reviews were a big part for me liking you so much from the start. So even when I was a "newbie" shopper, I still valued a great deal the reviews and on several occasions I actually ended up not buying something just because there weren't enough reviews or details in them. I tend to be the sort of buyer who evaluates always very carefully every purchase and doesn’t just buy stuff on an impulse (also because sending back stuff internationally has a significant cost).

I think showing the number of reviews per product on a category page is a great idea, and removing the review facet detail (the loudness, speed etc.) is a bad one. I agree, it can use a rethink, for the reasons you mention, but I would still like to see what every single reviewer thinks of different key features of the products. A Lovehoney provided guided facet detail is much more reliable to me than any free speech.

I might have already mentioned this somewhere, but I actually wanted to suggest putting the English videos to your German and French sites too, as most people do speak English nowadays, but even if they don’t, the visual value of the video itself is huge, in my opinion. The same could work for the reviews, you might just realize you cannot have it all at some point. :) But as bad as Google translate is (and believe me, I know, as I also work as a translator between 4 languages I speak fluently), a solution for the review section like the one on TripAdvisor that gives you the option to select the languages of the reviews you want to read or just translate automatically the other ones? Or, better yet, (please don’t jump on my throat on this one) isn’t the .de and .fr site superfluous with the launch of the .eu one?

Anyway, I’ll bear with you and I’ll trust you on improving instead of ruining already good features.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Re: the detailed reviews... Just because sales increased when the details were removed doesn't necessarily mean they're more helpful. In my experience, if I can't judge a product adequately from the reviews then sometimes I'll take a gamble to 'see for myself'. The way that reviews are now is a lot less helpful than before, it's a shame that impulse buying has come in to the decision instead.

But that's just my personal opinion, I'm still hoping the detailed facet will come back! After all, people often don't evaluate all the major aspects of a product in their review, in which case it's pretty useless without the extra ratings categories.

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

Re: the detailed reviews... Just because sales increased when the details were removed doesn't necessarily mean they're more helpful. In my experience, if I can't judge a product adequately from the reviews then sometimes I'll take a gamble to 'see for myself'. The way that reviews are now is a lot less helpful than before, it's a shame that impulse buying has come in to the decision instead.

But that's just my personal opinion, I'm still hoping the detailed facet will come back! After all, people often don't evaluate all the major aspects of a product in their review, in which case it's pretty useless without the extra ratings categories.

+1

The added impulse buys would surley mean more people returining products too? Just a theory

x

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Thanks Era, there's some interesting points there.

On videos, we've found that even the US market seem to react negatively to our videos being presented with a British accent, so I'd be reticent to deploy them to non EN territories in their current format. One size definitely does not fit all. The DE and FR sites allow us to tailor specifically to those markets, Germany in particular acts very diffierently to everywhere else!

But you have, largely, written one of my ideas for foreign language reviews. Machine translation is fine, as long as you state that it's been translated that way.

thanks
    Matt

[suspended user]

suspended user

I absolutely adore British English! I don’t even find Annabelle’s and Lisa’s accents British enough, hahaha! I know some US citizens might find it snobbish, but it seems odd to me that the market would react badly just for the accent (in the US alone they have a variety of different English accents)! The visual value in itself should be an added bonus for buying, as I see it. Strange, strange.

But then again, English is not my mother tongue, so I'm probably distant from these little feuds between English speaking nations based on pride.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Matt,

I am a shopper in the United States and I the accents on the vidoes do NOT bother me at all. One of the main reasons I made my first lovehoney purchase was the 1. real people reviews and 2. the videos shoing the product in more detail... especially for something pricier!

Not sure what US shoppers are reacting negatively but they don't speak for all of us.

Regarding the reviews, it is all subjective to a certain extent, but I like the details. I would also love the ability to sort the reviews based on rating instead of just newest or "most helpful" Like on Amazon I can click on all the 1 star ratings, etc.

The Lady Ligeia [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 wrote:

Not sure what US shoppers are reacting negatively but they don't speak for all of us.

Well said

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

*Bump* Any chance you'll be bringing the details back? I miss them :'(

M-J [sign in to see picture]

I like the detailed reviews, especially when looking a a buzzy toy. I have children & need to know how noisy a toy is!! (i don't want any awkward questions in the morning! 😉

Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]

I don't want to seem rude but the shoppers who aren't British know that Lovehoney is a British company and if they don't like the accents in the videos then they just need to suck it up and get over it because it is a British company and that's what they should expect to hear

[suspended user]

suspended user

Thank you HE for reviving this thread! It was needed to pop back in front! I very much want them back too. Let's hope LH will listen :(.

+1 Kittycat, but not everyone is that pragmatic about it...

era wrote:

Thank you HE for reviving this thread! It was needed to pop back in front! I very much want them back too. Let's hope LH will listen :(.

+1 Kittycat, but not everyone is that pragmatic about it...

I know everyone isn't, which is great. But the people who are, it's quite pathetic and if they don't like it then they shouldn't use a UK based site lol

[suspended user]

suspended user

I'd like to see a simple rating system like this:
    Bullets - more powerful than tango Y/N
    Vibrator - comparable to the rosa Y/N
    Wands - more powerful than LH deluxe Y/N

[suspended user]

suspended user

Sunshine,Lollipops wrote:

If people are writing decent reviews, wouldn't they cover issues of noise, strength of vibration, how good it looks etc. anyway?

I realise some people found it nice to have a TLDR in the form of the old detailed ratings, but if I'm interested in buying something I'll read the whole review.

Also, as it's been said, some of the ratings weren't relevant to certain items anyway!

And if people don't include these informations in their reviews? How can you make them? How can you guarantee all relevant info is covered in every single review for every single product? One writes anything one wishes in them, but if there is a standard rating system provided by LH that is a must-do step for the review to be published, than they can assure the review to have some common value even if it's only a few generic lines in the text. Rethinking the system is ok, but deleting it all together does more harm than good the way I see it.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Sum Sub wrote:

If I follow this logic, and want to buy let's say a LH bullet, but I don't have a Tango, I will then have to go see the Tango reviews? And what would you compare the Tango to? Hm, I don't see this working.
    LeilaK [sign in to see picture]

Yes I would love to see the detailed ratings back. I do read a lot of reviews when contemplating purchase an item, but having said that some reviews are way too long so I just scroll down to the detailed reviews.

A lot of people don't mention how noisy a toy is because maybe it's not a issue for them, but I need to know how noisy a toy is having others in the house.

I just recently noticed they were gone, and can't understand why making this change will be helpful in any way.

Well for me, I do it in sections. Packaging, how the toy looks and feels so in that section I'd cover how the material feels like if it's silicone how much drag it has etc. If there's any marks or little imperfections and/or seam(s). If it looks attractive and what features it has.

Then I'd cover how the toy feels in use so that would be vibrations and how strong they are and what type they are. Does it feel really pleasureable etc.

Then I'd cover the charging. Is it easy to charge? How long it takes, does it indicate when it's finished charging etc. And then noise level and then lastly what I think of it overall.

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Germany in particular acts very diffierently to everywhere else!

I'm intrigued! Would you mind telling us a little about what things differ with the German market?

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

I only have the Tango and only the original. I do not plan to buy the new version, nor planning to buy any of the others. So... This would not really work.

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

I noticed they disappeared from my view a couple of days ago (darn it, I thought Id escaped it!). I dont get why though if theyre not having detailed ratings (but I hope they bring them back!) why you still have to do them when you submit a review? I presume Lovehoney still in the process of working on the system.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.