£1.49 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Please bring back the detailed ratings!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Pretty self-explanatory, I think.

I find the detailed ratings very-very useful, because there are certain factors that reviews don't necessarily cover and are very important to me, such as the quietness of a toy. The overall rating is not satisfactory at all, which means now I will have to read thru potentially hundreds of reviews just to get one or two who might mention what I’m actually interested in.

I think the majority of people appreciated the detailed ratings. There’s also this thread http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1262048-whats-happened-to-reviews/ that speaks about it, I only started a new one because this way the title is attention seeking and more direct.

So, Lovehoney: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the detailed ratings!

FlexyBexyXXX [sign in to see picture]

Do you mean having the satisfaction bars for each category on the right side of the reviews? Because that's all as normal as far as I can see right now?

Or do you mean reviewers themselves should be more detailed in their writing?

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

Pretty self-explanatory, I think.

I find the detailed ratings very-very useful, because there are certain factors that reviews don't necessarily cover and are very important to me, such as the quietness of a toy. The overall rating is not satisfactory at all, which means now I will have to read thru potentially hundreds of reviews just to get one or two who might mention what I’m actually interested in.

I think the majority of people appreciated the detailed ratings. There’s also this thread http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1262048-whats-happened-to-reviews/ that speaks about it, I only started a new one because this way the title is attention seeking and more direct.

So, Lovehoney: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the detailed ratings!

+1 They are really helpful wth things such as how noisy the product is and other things that people may not neccicariy add to the review.

X

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

Do you mean having the satisfaction bars for each category on the right side of the reviews? Because that's all as normal as far as I can see right now?

Yes, underneath the stars use to be bars with things such as how loud the toy was, the quality of the product ect now its gone :(

X

NEvans wrote:

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

Yes, underneath the stars use to be bars with things such as how loud the toy was, the quality of the product ect now its gone :(

X

I just checked again, it's still there for me! :S Maybe there is some hope that it's just a glitch?

x

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

NEvans wrote:

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

X

I just checked again, it's still there for me! :S Maybe there is some hope that it's just a glitch?

x

I just clicked on your page, clicked on the top review for cockrings, titled cock-tastic - and you have given it 4.5 stars, full marks for attractiveness, nothing for quietness, full marks for ease of use, full marks for materials, another not applicable for vibrations and what looks like a 9 out of 10 for orgasm rating :)

Oh, it doesnt for me :( This is how it shows to me. Hopefully it is just a glitch

X

1. Overall Rating: 9 out of 10 Pros Comfortable to wear. Cons Smallest ring could be a tiny bit smaller. Bottom line Great.
    FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

If I remember rightly there are changed happening and some people are seeing other things. I'm sure I seen this mentioned in another post before.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Yes, I mean the ratings "satisfaction bars" for different aspects.

I have just checked the same review of NEvans for the cock rings, and I don't see the separate star ratings, just the overall one.

Yes, it was mentioned in another thread, the one I linked in my initial post on top (also explaining why I decided to open a new thread instead of writing on that one). It was also said there, that Lovehoney is experimenting with this new view, so that explains why some might still see the detailed versions, while others don't. This could depend also on the browser and hardware/OS one uses, and the programming phase Lovehoney's IT team is in implementing it. I use Firefox.

I just thought it would be a good idea to plea with Lovehoney not to go ahead with this new visualization project, as the detailed version was MUCH more useful. The overall rating sais it all saying nothing the way I see it.

I'm viewing this on Safari, maybe that's why I can see the satisfation bars?

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

I'm viewing this on Safari, maybe that's why I can see the satisfation bars?

Im on safari but i cant see them :(

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

It seems the detailed ratings only show on the mobile website for me, not the desktop version :(

I was the creator of the other thread, and lovehoney responded telling me they were 'experimenting'. I still can't for the life of me figure out how this new look is in any way better than the old one - it's much harder to gauge how good an item is from the reviews now. A very bad design choice IMO, and I hope they bring back the old way. :(

myghost [sign in to see picture]

For me Opera & Chrome on tablet gets all the ratings, Chrome on laptop no ratings except the star ratings appear now i do recall seeing it was just going to be the overall star rating now

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

Ive just noticed this. For me i make descions based on the detail bar things i hope they bring them back i find them really useful!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I do have still the regular view. I think they just selected some people to see how it would work out? But not sure how. I guess you needed to be "lucky" to be chosen.

Tbh I think the detailed view is very important. I do read the whole review and I try to make it detailed, but yes, even I sometimes forget to mention it in the actual longer review, but it always shows on the detailed satisfaction bar next to it.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I didn't check before, but did now, and I too see the detailed version on my cellphone. Not on my PC though, which is where I do 99,99% of my shopping.

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

I see the detailed ratings fine on my mobile :)

The Lady Ligeia [sign in to see picture]

I'm in the US and when I write/read reviews on the LH American site, the detailed ratings are there. However, any time I look at reviews while I'm on the UK site, the detalied ratings are gone.

DeadBoy [sign in to see picture]

I still see the detailed ratings and do not want them to go!

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Hey Folks, Cazz gave me the heads up about this thread.

So, you might have heard on the grapevine we're taking a big look at our reviews. We have some technical challenges around how to have a review system that was built for 1 english site, and now needs to work for 6 sites and in at least 3 languages. It's causing the guys in tech some headaches.

As part of this review, I've been running some tests. You'll have seen (or not) the 2 recent ones, that is, showing the number of reviews per product on a category page, and removing the review facet detail (the loudness, speed etc).

Interestingly, and taking the feedback on this page into account, folk were significantly more likely to order when the reviews had less information.

I think we've got 2 different type of people here:

1) Folk new to toys, who find all this information bewildering/raising more questions than answers

2) Power users, who compare toys down to detail like this.

However, I think there's a better way of doing this. At the moment you don't see an aggregate of this detail level anyway, so you still have to scroll through all the reviews. And even worse, some of the rating detail options don't actually apply to the type of toy being reviewed.

So, bear with us, I'm keen to make reviews an Actual Useful Thing to help people shop, showing positive vs negative reviews, and have a few other ideas up my sleeve to help people choose a toy based on things other than what sort of toy is is, overall rating, price and so on.

Thanks
    Matt

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.