£4.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Paying for LH orders by bank transfer - slow?

prismacolor [sign in to see picture]

Has anyone else paid this way? I placed an order just after midnight on Sunday and didn't have my card details to hand so I sent payment via bank transfer using online banking. My bank said the payment should reach thr destination account within 2 hours (in my experience from sending and receiving money via bank transfer to and from family and friends it's usually instant regardless of the time of day or the destination bank). However, LH say they are still awaiting my payment! If you've paid for orders using bank transfer, did you find it this slow too? It's frustrating - I wish I'd used my card!

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

*bump* hoping you get a reply :)

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

Not paid LH by bank transfer but often pay paypal by bank transfer and that usually takes 2-3 days for them to receive payment from my bank, thats working days.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Just think of all the hundreds/thousands of payments that probably go through Lovehoney's trading account in a day.

Somewhere those payments are atched to an order, when it's done by card this matching is probably electronic and near instant, but with a BACS transfer, it's likely that someone will have to manually look at the unmatched transactions and try and match those to an order - in my business we operate with around 3-5 day lag depending upon the time of year. Moral of the story - make it easy for everyone and pay by card.

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

prismacolor wrote:

Has anyone else paid this way? I placed an order just after midnight on Sunday and didn't have my card details to hand so I sent payment via bank transfer using online banking. My bank said the payment should reach thr destination account within 2 hours (in my experience from sending and receiving money via bank transfer to and from family and friends it's usually instant regardless of the time of day or the destination bank). However, LH say they are still awaiting my payment! If you've paid for orders using bank transfer, did you find it this slow too? It's frustrating - I wish I'd used my card!

Hello!

Unfortunately it does depend on bank processing times and when they reach our accounts. We do check very often to see the incoming payments but unofrtunately each transaction will come through, well, when they want to! Of course there are quite a few coming in each day but I do believe its the actual bank-to-bank time which makes it a little bit longer.

Hope this clears things up!

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.