• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Men your opinions are needed. CLICK HERE!

- Cazz [sign in to see picture]

Good morning!

I'm on a little mission collecting information for the buying team. smiley

Here are some questions about underwear for men... Please answer them as honest and best you can.

- What's most important when buying sexy underwear for men?

- How much would you expect to pay?
    - What kind of fabrics do you like to buy?
    - What are your favourite styles to wear?
    - What colours do you like to wear?
    Thank you
    bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Black or white. Around £10 not really got fabric or style/fabric that i would like more than others. Hope this helps.

cg22 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Cazz here you go

Comfort ... You don't want to feel like you are being restricted down there and look as well... Not cheap and tacky .

Up to £15

Sounds boring but cotton with Lycra so it is not too tight
    Fitted boxer trunk style
    - What colours do you like to wear? All colours .. Bright or dark patterned or plain

Hope this helps

Badger73 [sign in to see picture]

Spend between £8 to £15.

Enjoy soft breathable fabric.

Enjoying boxers at the moment, tight fitting.

Love dark colours, black or wet look.

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Just realised i put fabric twice. Lol. Tight fitting ones as well are good.

Mrnw [sign in to see picture]

That it's actually sexy! I hate the cheesy comedy underwear. I like either jock straps or fetish style underwear to feel attractive in them.
    Around £10. loads of really good jock straps can be bought cheaper but I find fetish underwear can go a lot higher, however I do refuse to pay it as it not exactly much material being used ;)
    Cotton, polymide, spandex,
    Briefs, Jock strap, open back underwear
    Black mainly however if i would wear other colours but they need to be dark as I can't imagine anything bright looking sexy

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

- What's most important when buying sexy underwear for men? A nice thick waistband, comfortable hug around the vegetables

- How much would you expect to pay? £10 -£15 max. Although I like Calvin Kleins I will not pay £30 for banana hammocks
    - What kind of fabrics do you like to buy? Cotton. Did go through a faze of silk boxers in early 90's (fashion thing). Would happily wear silk again but not common now.
    - What are your favourite styles to wear? Boxer briefs preferred but also a brief now and again

- What colours do you like to wear? Black or White

FlyingSmurf [sign in to see picture]

Well branded boxers are in the £15 - £25 range, and I'd expect to pay about the same. Microfiber or soft cotton for material, stretchy to hug the figure. Boxers or trunks for style, in black or other dark solid colours (deep red wine purple colour as a personal preference).

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Badger73 wrote:

Spend between £8 to £15.

Enjoy soft breathable fabric.

Enjoying boxers at the moment, tight fitting.

Love dark colours, black or wet look.

Very much the same for me. The only difference I prefer loose fitting boxers .

I like silk ones for bedroom play as they are very confortable.

Don_Don [sign in to see picture]

Hi Cazz,

Funny I just did a complete clear out of my underwear as it was all looking a bit old, the wife asked could she help and I was surprised as she really mixed up the styles from what I thought she liked and even went for some that I wouldn't have been sure about but actually I really like what she picked.

- What's most important when buying sexy underwear for men? Comfort, looks and VPL, I used to be 100% boxers but wife is now loving some of the briefs out there now too. I go plain during the week generally and then push the boat out at the weekends.

- How much would you expect to pay? Depends but I'd pay up to £35 a pair - What kind of fabrics do you like to buy? Breathable, Cotton, sliky microfibre type - What are your favourite styles to wear? M&S Gandy Collection, Andrew Christian (Aimmed at gay men but amazingly comfortable, stylish and amazing lift) and Aussiebum - What colours do you like to wear? White, Black and then mad out yellows, purple etc.
    kinkytaffs [sign in to see picture]

Easy access for knob removal is most important lol, maybe a velcro opening at the front, nothing worse than struggling with buttons when u want a pee or a quickie . Imagine this! It's the end of the night. Your out for a few lagers, busting for a jimmy riddle. Your wearing a tight pair of jeans buttoned down the front, you fight with said buttons, then you struggle to pull your waistband over your pecker or you fight with even more buttons on your underwear before you even reach the beast, nooooooo. Gimme a zipped pair of jeans and easy access underwear anyday. You gals are so lucky, just hitch you skirt, drop your drawers and away you go.

so in short easy access, as long as their cheap as chips that's an added bonus, cotton or breathable is good, any colour, nice jokey front, (a caveman holding a club with the message "rub my club" on the front were my favourites as a young man lol). nice tight briefs or boxers to keep the monster in check - happy days!!!

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Quality and Comfort. I expect it to last and to be comfortable.

If they are good quality, i'd pay anything up to £25.

I tend to prefer cotton/cotton blend.

Trunks/Boxers/Jocks/Backless Briefs.

Absolutely anything.

On a side note, it would be great if we could see underwear available in larger sizes. Not all of us happen to look like the underwear models. It frustrates me that there is such a large selection of 'plus size' lingerie, but heaven forbid a gentleman be on the slightly huskier side!

snapper [sign in to see picture]

I would pay up to maybe 15 pounds
    I like the soft smooth material similar to lycra but I've found most lycra ish fabric to be a bit sweaty
    I prefer red black or possibly blue although I do have green as well

I tend to wear hipsters . Boxers offer no support budgie smugglers just make me think of string fellow as do thongs
    and y fronts just remind me of my grandad

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

Price, qualiy of fabric and the cut of the design.

- How much would you expect to pay? upto £20

- What kind of fabrics do you like to buy? something with a bit of stretch to keep the fit tight. somethign that doesnt sag by the end of the day!

- What are your favourite styles to wear? T-cut thongs, Hipsters, Jock straps

- What colours do you like to wear? only black

Alpha123 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

Good morning!

I'm on a little mission collecting information for the buying team.

Here are some questions about underwear for men... Please answer them as honest and best you can.

- How much would you expect to pay? - What kind of fabrics do you like to buy? - What are your favourite styles to wear? - What colours do you like to wear? Thank you

Hi Cazz,

Fairly boring i'm afraid.

I'd say no more than £15, cotton / lycra boxer briefs not really baggy or tight. Can't say i've got particular preference for colour - OH seems to like black tho

twincats [sign in to see picture]

Hi Cazz
    This depends on the occasion, normal wear or night /play wear.
    Normal wear, something comfortable which supports both bottom and penis. I personally like tight fitting Lycra / cotton mix. Giving that slim look and feel.

For other times and in the day. Must fit close to the body. Silk, spandex lace leather lycra PVC nylon. Can be a combination of materials.

Price from £10-25 depending on matter.

Don't like thongs as long it enhances the look and feel for the wearer and attracts the eye from others could be a winner.
    Colour depends on material and style, nylon is usual black but placing it with silk something smooth to attract. Sorry not helpful there.

Trouble is as a wearer of female underwear, I have a choice already.

Good luck with your research. X

[suspended user]

suspended user

The priority for me will always be comfort. I like simple things, and Cotton does the job v well. I wear either slips or trunks in dark colours. I have some silk boxers and they are ok but too rigid in structure, I have some thongs which are pretty damn comfy if I'm honest. that is all

TangledLover [sign in to see picture]

Hi Cazz

I always find it difficult buying male underwear, there is so much beautiful underwear for women but not for men. Men's underwear quite often falls into brand name (usually emblazoned in big letters on the band) or novelty categories. Then Novelty ones really don't interest me and I admit I don't like being a walking advert either. Quality look and feel is key, I like to wear sexy underwear and it needs to be high quality with good quality fabrics that feel good on the skin.

-I am happy to pay £40 for good quality underwear.

- Fabrics, I like trying different fabric depending on the style and feel, Cotton, silk and Lycra.

- My favorite styles are I prefer tighter fitting styles, so Trunks, Thongs, Hipster, Jock Styles.

- Colours - Black, and Deep wine red, dark purples, forest Green greens.

Raven93 [sign in to see picture]

I still have a penis so I guess I kind of count lol.

About £10-15 maybe, depends on how good it looks though, £20 and up would have me crying at the price though, but that's just me.

I like cotton XD Honestly I never paid attention to fabrics in my life till about four months ago, so cotton works for me lol, it's comfy and just generally if it's tight isn't going to cause discomfort.

Boxers, men look good in boxers, I've seen thongs that work well too, but generally if it's a thong you'll want to accomadate the package rather than just a normal one for women.

Dark normally works best for me, though that being said, dark colours work better for people with more weight and bright colours work well for skinny people.

To add to this you might want to consider really girly underwear for cross dressers who have a thing for humiliation, there's a lot of them out there, but I have no idea how good that would be for you as a business move.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Asked my OH, this is what he thinks:

Comfort, mostly. Both in fit and style, no point making only ultra lacey super tight boxers that are more like female underwear as they'll not appeal to all men, particularly those who live in bog standard loose fit boxers. Pretty, sexy but still distinguishable as 'male'. Also bigger sizes, the male undies on the site atm don't go very large at all especially considering some men need to buy a larger size to accomodate their package even though they technically fit the waist size.

He had no clue, so I showed him the price of already available underwear and showed him how much my recent buys have cost. He was very impressed with the 3 for £12 deal on the flirty knickers and said that'd be really cool, he wouldn't pay more than £10-15 for one pair of undies (£12.99 was reaching his limit).

Silk, fishnet/mesh, cotton. Again the comfort factor was a key point.

Loose fit boxer shorts, tight fit boxer breifs, trunks, micro trunk. Anything still involving the short shape, not the y-front/brief shape. Lace up designs add a brilliant fun factor.

Black, grey (all shades inc silver), white, darker blues and greens (as in not pastel/neon shades), red, patterns like camo.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.