1. Treating someone to a wishlist gift?

JoJoXxX [sign in to see picture]

Ohhh well I just learnt something new too ! Every days a school day ! Cheers K&C30's. JoJo XxX

Emerald269 [sign in to see picture]

menyanthe wrote:

john69, I have the same problem. Even recently I had an argument with my husband that I am giving too much to my friends and I don't get that much in return. Which actually shocked me - I have never done it to receive back. Whenever I can help someone, I do it and only by helping them, it gives me such joy, I believe I do it more for me rather than for others.

Terri JJ, it is not possible. At least not for the moment.

john69 wrote:

What a lovely and generous idea!!! Don't ever think you would be considered creepy, you're a warm hearted generous person who loves to see other people happy. I'm the same sort of person, I enjoy much more to give than to have, which sometimes has caused problems within my family. They tell me that I give too much and they can never pay it back and I'm telling them it's not the idea by giving to expect something back. It is, as you say, the joy of seeing other people happy.

These are interesting and insightful posts. It always reassuing to see what other's in relationships views are. I got a lovely gift from a very special lady, which words cannot express how thankful I am to her for this. 

Forgive me for sounding a prude, but every relationship holds different beliefs and principles doesn't it? My husband has been a bit 😟 worried about others buying me stuff (especially as it's sex toys and lingerie). No disrespect to anyone at all, but I think it's just that he is not really keen on the idea. I feel a little deflated about this and notice that I'm the only one who has discussed this side of the issue on here. Am I the only one, or does anyone elses OH's feel like this? I don't want to sound horrible, but I need to know if anyone else has the same issue? I would be so grateful of the advice. We are both quite private people, and find it difficult to trust others due to bad experiences we've both endured. I love my hubby so much and I respect what his views are as I trust him and he has looked out for me ever since we first met - and he literally saved me from rockbottom!

Hope everyone can see my side of this and understand. I would so much appreciate people's views on this and whether I'm wrong for slightly resenting my hubby for his views on this? Thank you all. x 😄 A little embarrassed, but needed to get it off my chest! Please help!

NikitaMaxine [sign in to see picture]

I personally don't think this is odd. I enjoy gifting people as well even if I don't get anything in turn, it's nice to see people light up and to cheer others up even if I'm down 😁

NikitaMaxine wrote:

I personally don't think this is odd. I enjoy gifting people as well even if I don't get anything in turn, it's nice to see people light up and to cheer others up even if I'm down 😁

I quite agree, giving brings so much joy, that you have brightened up someones day! It's nice if your lucky enough to be able to receive surprises, but knowing I have made someone happy really does it for me, like doing a good turn everyday! 😊

Sorry if this is slightly off tangent to my previous post. I just wanted to know if not having a 'public wishlist' (separate from the toy testers one), affects your chances of possibly being selected to test toys and lingerie? Thanks very much all x.

SlimeCoveredCow [sign in to see picture]

I feel like we should get a secret santa or something going this year, it'd be interesting!

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I can imagine there would be a few partners find it a bit weird Emerald. I suspect it would be partners who don't realise just how close a group we are. We share each others ups and downs and want to help celebrate in a way. If there was an option to send a bunch of flowers, chocolates or even a box of teabags and milk may would opt to do that. There are sites where wealthy people send gifts to pretty young things as it's like a fetish to them and others who send sex toys to see them using them. That sort of thing would be a no no from my husband. Me too really. However when I have received gifts and been told who has sent them I say to my husband "it's from xxx they wanted the thank me for helping out with xxx." He is happy that I feel as if I'm helping or just communicating with folk.

teacake [sign in to see picture]

I could see how some partners might feel weird about it, especially if they are not knowing too much about the forums, we all seem to be pretty close here and this is one place you can feel safe in asking questions and even putting pictures up. I think just let your partner know how close this community is and how its helpled you

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Emerald, Please post in relevant areas and try not to ask all over the forum about testers. That is not what the forum is about. 

Please do read all of the information that is available on the sticky threads. You will also find relevant threads within the stickys. 

So sorry again Leanne, you think I'd have the hang of things by now wouldn't you?!

I can't apologise enough, everyone's really helped answering a few of my questions and doubts I still had. I promise you I've read all the sticky threads and sometimes it just takes a few queries to be answered for me for things to be understood.

I so didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I know all the answers to my questions now and just thanks for that.

Sorry for talking too much about testers all over the forum. I hope I'm not in trouble and won't do this again.

Thanks for your help and guidance and I understand the forum is about many other important things and primarily regarding other Lovehoney topics (as suggested on the sticky threads). Again, sincere apologies and I feel a bit silly, but hope I'm not the only one who has ever made these mistakes! Thanks for picking up on it, you are fantastic at monitoring the forums and I realise why you have to keep a close eye on what people write x 😌 Relieved that you have pointed this issue out to me. 

teacake wrote:

I could see how some partners might feel weird about it, especially if they are not knowing too much about the forums, we all seem to be pretty close here and this is one place you can feel safe in asking questions and even putting pictures up. I think just let your partner know how close this community is and how its helpled you

RosyCheek wrote:

I can imagine there would be a few partners find it a bit weird Emerald. I suspect it would be partners who don't realise just how close a group we are. We share each others ups and downs and want to help celebrate in a way. If there was an option to send a bunch of flowers, chocolates or even a box of teabags and milk may would opt to do that. There are sites where wealthy people send gifts to pretty young things as it's like a fetish to them and others who send sex toys to see them using them. That sort of thing would be a no no from my husband. Me too really. However when I have received gifts and been told who has sent them I say to my husband "it's from xxx they wanted the thank me for helping out with xxx." He is happy that I feel as if I'm helping or just communicating with folk.

Thanks guys for these comments and for being so understanding and not judging me. Can't thank you enough, you've both given amazing advice to me. xx Words seriously can't explain how welcoming everyone has been and the forums have made me feel so close to others in the community. Thank you all. x I told my hubby this and he thinks having friends on here is great for me and my self-esteem. 😊

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I am sorry I come bearing some news that may upset this thread...

Secret Wishlist shopping will soon be no more.

Over the next few weeks, it will be phased out, some of you will still be able to purchase from someone else's wishlist without knowing their address and others will not until eventually it will be gone for all. 

Wish lists will still be an option, so as far as tester list or those you share with people close to you it is still do-able, but to send something out the individual you will need to already know their postal address to input it. 

We are aware it will impact sending presents to other forum members, which is why we wanted to give you notice that it will be happening. 

As of yet, there is no specific  'go live' date on this change but when there is one we will keep you posted.

So, on another note, get your secret wish list shopping in now, we also have a huge sale! 

I will now close this thread. 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.