99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Lovehoney TV!

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

Oooh! I have never stumbled across this page before! I usually just click on the videos on the product page.

X

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Has anyone notice we have been updating our videos recently ? 

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/tv/ 

All so pretty and new ! 

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

All so pretty and new !

I have noticed for a while. I always have a look to see what new product videos are made. I like watching them and getting new ideas!

I like the update. Fun, informative and straight to the point.

One gripe however, on the new womaniser clip it would be helpful to hear it in use, as the reviews comment on how ''loud'' it is. Luckily for me I know that I can look on the other womaniser videos to get an idea but others might not know they can do that. Also submerged in water etc, or did you decide to scrap that ? 

ThrowMeToTheLesbians [sign in to see picture]

All so pretty and new !

I love the new style with the top view, makes it much easier to get a good look at ceratin products.

Lisa's voice also seems to have a ASMR effect on me. No idea why but her voice is just so soothing and pleasant to listen to.

Shakti [sign in to see picture]

It's a nice look, but the most important thing about the videos for me is now missing - at least when we're speaking vibrating toys - the sound! Hearing the pitch of the sound helps me determine whether a vibrator is rumbly or buzzy, and also how loud it gets. This is the reason the desire videos were not helpful for me, I just bought the bullet from that range and it is very buzzy. If I would have heard that pitch I would not have bought it, now it has to go back. Please keep the feature of being able to hear the vibrators turned on and also dancing on the "breakfast bar"!

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

The new videos look really sleek and stylish, but I actually preferred the old ones better. They felt a bit more casual and detailed, I think seeing Annabelle and Lisa handle the toys and push the buttons the way I would and being able to hear the vibes (as others have mentioned) gave me more of a feel for the product and what it would be like. It also felt a bit more friendly. When they said "this is a really beautiful toy and will feels great during use" I believed them. The new ones feel much more scripted, which I'm sure all the videos have been, but it felt a bit more natural and genuine before. I miss the fish tank too!

I don't want to be all down on the new vids, I hope what you get from this is how much I really liked the old videos, not that I really dislike the new ones!

Lots of new demonstration videos, but no demonstration on how loud the vibrations are/waterproof etc,

So has that been scrapped? Will they come back? They were super helpful when making a decision on a toy IMO.

The sound aspect has been removed as we only ever did it to show the patterns of the vibrations.

Also sound via this process is not true to the noise, as editing, speakers, microphone, what you are using to listen to it on.. All sorts can make it sound different to having it right in front of you. So we are looking at other ways to measure the sound aspect of toys- Watch this space!

We of course still have the noise rating on reviews to help & a 365 day return policy if you think* oh crap the neighbours will wonder* lol.

I think this may only be a statement for the Rockbox though haha! 

ThrowMeToTheLesbians [sign in to see picture]

I remember Tilly did a video with quiet vibes and measured it in decibels. Maybe give us some examples of household appliance noises; jackhammer, jet engine, JCB - you know, things we have lying round the house, then post the noise of the toy on the product page?

Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

ThrowMeToTheLesbians wrote:

I remember Tilly did a video with quiet vibes and measured it in decibels. Maybe give us some examples of household appliance noises; jackhammer, jet engine, JCB - you know, things we have lying round the house, then post the noise of the toy on the product page?

It might be the best bet for LH to hook up with a decibel meter on Playstore and use a common App set a common standard ie from 1 metre away in a room with carpet floor and soft furnishings just like a bedroom.

It is a science so it won't be perfect but it will at least enable potential buyers to guage some kind of idea of what the levels are.

BTW The noise levels doesn't double with each one running., if 1 runs at 60Db then 2 will be 63Db and 4 will be 66Db (and possibly a very, very wild time occuring)

All great ideas and we do have something up our sleeve to help tell if something is ear shattering or whisper quiet. Hopefully will come into  fruition soon wink

All great ideas and we do have something up our sleeve to help tell if something is ear shattering or whisper quiet. Hopefully will come into fruition soon

will watch this space! looking forward to the upcoming plans

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

I use the reviews to tell me if something is loud or not, you can tell if something is louder than usual because a lot of people mention it. Other websites have used decibles but tbh it means nothing so me so I ignore it. I liked hearing the vibes in the videos because they gave me an idea of the kind of motor/ vibrations the toy had, buzzy or more rumbly. Obviously as Leanne said with different speakers and sound setting etc this isn't perfect at all, but it still helpful to me. I found that toys that sounded more rumbly on the video were rumbly when I got them home. Jmo

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Just wanted to chime in re removing the sound in the the new videos (which look great btw!). I understand that it's not a great way to measure the sound level, but having just watched the video on the Satisfyer Penguin specifically to hear what it sounds like (since I imagine it sounds different than a regular vibrator?) it was a bit of a let down to be greeted with only a voiceover. Thinking about it, I only ever consulted the videos to see and hear the toy in action. It's great that you till get to see the toy in 3D, so to speak, being handled in a more natural light than the studio photos. But I really miss the sound, maybe it's silly but it was really useful for me to hear what a toy sounded like (as in the actual function not the noise level, if that makes sense). In all honesty I don't feel like the new videos are worth watching (for me personally, not in general!), purely because any useful information they contain will have been covered in the product description and I've always been in the habit of reading the description before watching the video. Quicker to get the information from the description too. Now it just seems like they're there for people who don't want to read the product description whereas before they added an extra level of information as well as telling you the key info. If that makes sense. I also +1 Jezebella's point about the old style ones seeming more casual and conversational and inspiring more trust, the newer ones feel a bit more pushy sales type.

Wasn't sure wether to post this or not as I know it just sounds critical and hey, what do I know about making a successful business decision right. I do like the new videos, they're very polished and I realise some people don't like to read the product description so will find them incredibly useful. I just felt the old style videos were a lot more useful for me as a customer, nowhere else really lets you hear what a toy sounds like before you buy it (even if it's only a representation not 100% accurate, still more useful than nothing). The best you'll get is a decibel reading which to be honest I find pretty useless in gauging what a toy will sound like, for one I don't automatically know how loud/quiet a certain decibel is so without being able to compare the reading for one toy to one I already own I am clueless, and another how a sex toy sounds is a lot more than just the loudness level- some toys make seriously offputting noises and I'd rather know that before buying than know how loud/quiet a toy is. It was great to hear patterns too, although I love the new pattern diagrams featuring in the instruction manuals so I think you solved that one already!

Looking forward to seeing the new way of measuring sound, it's such a useful thing to know and something I don't think you can get a good idea of from reviews (too sujective, what's quiet to me is loud to others and all that) but also such a tricky thing to convey. Shall be keeping an eye out :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.