We're over half way through October and I'm loving every minute of it!
Not just because of the falling autumn leaves, the dark evenings and the almost-but-not-quite festive spirit, but because the blogosphere is alive with the sound of sex (squelchy)!
From sexy Halloween goodies to hot girls in coffins, from unusual sex toys to saucy Twitter updates, this week's blog round-up is full of the greatest news stories you can find online.
- I did warn you last week that as Halloween approaches I get more and more excited! This week my Halloween searches have led me to some strange and wonderful places indeed. My first stop was over at College Candy where I couldn't help but agree whole heartedly with Brianna and her post 'Note to the Guys: Bring the Sexy This Halloween!' This year it's all about getting men into sexy Halloween costumes. I'm thinking firemen, police officers and, it might just be me, mechanics - there's just something about them I can't get enough of!
- Something that definitely ticks the strange category, comes from the News:lite site. Apparently an Italian company that makes coffins has launched it's very own sexy calendar for 2010. Beautiful, scantily clad ladies and, er, coffins. It's what wet dreams are made of!
- Some good news for British men - apparently you have the most stamina in bed. This is according to a study conducted by the Journal of Scientific Medicine who examined the sexual performance of 500 different men across several countries. Well done Brit boys. My national pride is beaming!
- This article on the Cracked site explores 18 of The World's Most Disturbing Sex Toys and had me laughing quite a bit. Examples include the Goo Gobblin' Granny, The Cannon and my favouriteThe Drippy Dragon. I must say, I had a lot of fun on this site. I really recommend taking a look at some of their other posts while you there as they are brilliant.
- Another follow on to last weeks blog regards Twitter. My Twittering ability seems to be coming on leaps and bounds (follow me @HoneyHarrie if you like) and it's all helped by good advice such as the 10 Things You Should Never Tweet After Sex on the Asylum site. Thank you Asylum for your great and funny advice!
This week's sex blog round-up has been inspired by the latest and greatest sex toy, the Lovehoney Sqweel Oral Sex Simulator.
Now, we're not ones to toot our own horn here at Lovehoney but it has received some quite major acclaim from all over the blogosphere, so thank you to everyone who blogged about it - good and bad - we appreciate your honesty!
If you've got a blog post that you'd like to see feature in my weekly blog round-up, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- So the Sqweel - 10 Tongued, Oral-Sex Overlord has finally arrived and I couldn't be happier! Lovehoney have finally cracked that last problem in the puzzle when it comes to sexual simulation, and that's oral sex. Gone are the days when oral sex was a solo disaster. Gone are the days of begging and pleading for some cunnilingus action. With my Sqweel it no longer matters. Not convinced? Why not read this review of it on My Sex Professor? Debby Herbenick gives the low down on the product of the moment that's got everyone talking. Already got one? Why not read my top tips before reading Ambers orgasmic Sqweel pointers on Scarlet's Letter? You can thank us later!
- Halloween is fast approaching and I cannot wait! Trawling through the internet, I found so many Halloween related goodies that my mind now boggles with ideas on what to dress up as. I did really like this post on Jezebel and I couldn't agree more that If You're Going to Wear a sexy Halloween Costume At Least Be Creative. It's all very well and good going as a Vampire but after the whole Twilight/R Pattz swooning that's overcome the majority of girls recently, you really won't be the only one sporting pointed teeth and a white face this Halloween. Not that there's anything that wrong with the classic costumes, but like these sexy ladies on Gizmodo, there is so much you can do to make your outfit unique.
- I also found these two sites which are NOT sexy! Coilhouse are showing the Scariest Workout Video Ever Made, which isn't so much scary as it is really quite funny. I want to work out to it! And then I found this on Internet-d: Sexy costumes for dogs. I cannot believe something like this actually exists!
- I recently joined the crazy world of Twitter, and I must say after spending the first few weeks baffled by it I'm finally getting my head around it (follow me at honeyharrie if you fancy an insight into my Lovehoney world!) and I would probably go as far as saying I'm becoming slightly addicted. I somehow managed to find this site, Historical Tweets, which had me stifling laughs at my desk as I tried to hide the fact I was having way more fun then I should be when its work time. I particularly like the Gandhi tweet 'Punched an old lady today. Feel bad.'
- I can't help but feel sorry for men a little bit. What with the ranges of highly equipped sex toys out on the market, and now even the Sqweel to replace their tongues, I can't help but feel men are feeling a little bit neglected and probably,ever so slightly threatened by our love for all things designed to buzz, pulse and get us off. So I suggest they read this blog post entitled 'Toys Are Your Friend', on Ojoy for a little bit of reassurance, because lets face it, my vibrator never calls, has not once offered to take me out and is nothing like the real thing!
- And finally, just for fun, have a read of these hilarious penis haikus. They are brilliant!
More fun and frolics from the sex blogosphere!
Check out my top picks for the best sex blog posts around and get in touch if you have any recommendations of your own.
- Every year I get very excited about Halloween. I love dressing up. As a child I loved the free sweets and as a grown up I love the free alcoholic jelly shots that bars give out. This year I'm still deciding on what my costume will be, although I'm half tempted to go as a cliched vampire just so I can carry a Death by Orgasm around with me (a bullet vibe that comes in its own coffin case - it doesn't get any more Hallo-weenie than that!). As I was searching for a suitable costume for this year's scare fest I stumbled on this site Goths in Hot Weather. Like the title suggests this site is a collection of Goths and their presence in the sun, all the while they still clad themselves out in all black, with trench coats and those big clunky boots. Very funny indeed!
- Check out this weeks Love It! Magazine to find out which Lovehoney toys were rated the greatest by the Love It! readers. Needless to say the winner was the Lovehoney Jessica Rabbit 2.0 Rabbit Vibrator. With all its multiple speeds and rotating beads it's no wonder it came out on top. To be honest though, after reading the latest news on the Rockin Rabbits site, anything must be better than this woman's home made vibrator that ended up putting her in hospital. I have two things to say. 1. 'Ouch' and 2. 'What on earth was she thinking?!'
- Did you know that the clitoris is the only organ in either the male or female body whose only purpose is to give pleasure? And a lot of pleasure at that, which I'm more than sure you ladies already know! But after reading the article Clitology on Eden Fantasy's Sexis magazine it would seem there is so much more to the clitoris that we are yet to discover but it should be fun finding out!
- Happy Birthday to Durex! For 80 years (that's older than my Nan) Durex has been providing the world with quality means for safe sex. Feartherlite, ribbed, flavoured, you name the condom and Durex has it. Yet many people are still not using such easy protection when having sex, even though the risks are waved in the nation's pretty faces on an almost daily basis.
This article on the AOL News site suggests that shyness could be whats causing our poor sexual health. They suggest a few ways to help build bedroom confidence that will hopefully help with any embarrassment when it comes to contraception and the like.There's also a few facts and figures to shock you into using protection. Or if you really want to be shocked why not calculate the number of direct and indirect sexual partners you've had on the Sex Degrees of Seperation Calculator. I did it, and although its not in the millions like some peoples, it did get me thinking just how at risk we all are. So just remember the number one rule - No glove, No love!
- Another site that grabbed my attention this week was Date Wrecks. All of those nightmare dating scenarios you imagine from online dating seems to be reality for poor singleton Jami. Some of the dates she's been on are hilarious to read (although I'm sure the dates weren't funny at the time!). I think I may just stay single!
Sexual education shouldn't stop once you leave school, in fact, that is when it should really begin!
Sex advice is always available from Agony Aunts in magazines and newspapers and if you have the time, it's always worth picking up a better sex guide to dip in and out of before you get busy.
But having the time to really concentrate on learning new techniques and taking on new ideas is often difficult, especially in the current busy and bustling world where there's always a form that needs filling in or a Twitter account to update!
But what if you could pick up sexy hints and tips on your morning run? Or how about learning the most exciting, confidence-building, sex-enhancing techniques whilst wandering around the supermarket?
Well, now you can! In fact, you can get brilliant sex advice from Susan Quilliam and Jim Davis of LBC fame, anytime and anywhere with their new audio downloads!
Penis size is a topic that everyone is curious about.
Is there a positive correlation between shoe size and penis size?
Do men always over-estimate their length?
Is it the motion of the ocean rather than the size of the boat, which is more important?
We here at Lovehoney want to put the myths, rumours and general penis gossip to the test and discover exactly what he's packing in his pants!
This brilliant survey is aimed at couples (don't worry – we've got a special one for singles coming soon!) and designed to find out what the average penis size is, what you prefer and a whole array of other naughtiness too.
Simply fill in your answers to the survey, enter your Lovehoney Community name (making sure your address is added to your profile) and you could be in with the chance of winning one of fifty Lovehoney Inch Perfect Waterproof Multispeed Vibrators!
These clever little vibes are not only ultra powerful but they have a series of measurements printed on the side so you can find out exactly what size your partner is!
Check it out after the jump…
This competition has now closed.
Another week has flown by and the blogosphere is set to burst with sexy stories!
It's my job to sort the leather from the PVC (this is the sex toy industry's version of 'sorting the wheat from the chaff') and bring you the best sex blogs and naughty news stories from around the world.
- I love this sexy vibrator chandelier featured on The Frisky. I'm not sure how practical it would be, seeing as it's made from quite a few silver plated vibrators, and I'm guessing my Gran would be a bit shocked when she came round for a cuppa, but it's definitely a conversation piece!
- You may remember from a few weeks back that we launched the UK Sex Map. This genius device allows you to pick any place in the UK and examine their sexploits. For example, I'm originally from Hungerford, Berkshire, and us lot apparently spend the most money on sexy shoes and boots which, considering my vast shoe collection, is very true!
OkCupid, a popular American dating site have done something similar to the UK Sex Map. OkCupid asked a series of questions such as 'would you date someone for the sex?' and then used a map and pretty colours to show which parts of America said what. It makes for quite interesting reading, I must say!
- Hands up who's heard of the LFL? No? Well the LFL is otherwise known as the Lingerie Football League, which is probably the greatest thing ever. Sexy ladies running around, playing football (well, American football), wearing just their undies. It's Incredible! Not the football bit but the underwear bit!
I love underwear and I especially love it when other people look good in underwear, which the ladies in the LFL certainly do. Maybe I'll start up a UK league. And all the players have to wear stockings. Especially if they are from the gorgeous new Leg Avenue range. That really would make football a beautiful game.
- I found this post on The Shine blog quite interesting. An insight into a man's thoughts while having sex. I was surprised to find out they did have thoughts during sex, and pleased to discover it's not about my wobbly bits. Hurrah!
- At Lovehoney, our love of all things bondage keeps getting bigger and bigger, especially since the sexy fetish model Hella Rouge has began modeling for our Bondage Boutique range.
This inspired me to search the internet for more bondage related stories and, not surprisingly, I found hundreds! But I did see this, again from The Frisky, which will give you some idea as to how long bondage leather cat suits have been around for - since the times of black and white telly that's for sure!
Squirting, female ejaculation, gushing – whatever you call it; it's the hottest topic around.
Female ejaculation porn has become more widely accepted, videos and articles on how to squirt are exceptionally popular and there are even sex toys designed to replicate this wet and wild sensation!
During our most recent poll, we asked 'have you ever experienced female ejaculation'? And the results were honest, enlightening and reassuring.
25% of people said that they had never experienced female ejaculation, but they would like to. This result really puts a smile on my face as it shows that people have come to understand, accept and embrace female ejaculation, but that it isn't as common as the internet leads us to believe!
So don't worry ladies – you're far from a sexual failure because you don't squirt! In fact, only 11% of the people surveyed said that they squirt regularly.
However, a shocking 6% voted for "women can't ejaculate it's all lies!"
Yeah, come here and say that!
Another week of sex blogs and what a week it's been!
Masturbation and animals seem to feature a lot, but you'll be relieved to know not together! Read on to find out what I've been reading…
I want a penis. I want a big penis and I want to put it in the new Tenga Flip Hole Black Edition! It's not out until November but we here at Lovehoney have the first one in the UK! Apparently it feels even better then the original with lots more sensational nodules for wanktastic fun.
I randomly came across this picture on PopBitch the other day. It's the best tomato and duck combination I've ever seen! There's also a link to the site This Peanut Looks Like a Duck which is a collection of food and objects that look like ducks. I was half tempted to send them a picture of the I Rub My Duckie Vibrator, but I don' t think they would appreciate it! But I enjoyed the randomness of this site very much, although I don't know why!
From wanking fun to, err, not wanking at all. Whilst catching up on the Frisky site, I discovered that the ex-guitarist for the band KoRn has had Jesus tattooed on his knuckles to stop him wanking. To be honest, I'm not really sure how this will work. How often do you look at your hand whilst wanking? Plus if he'd read this blog on the Examiner then he'd realise that the Bible isn't all squeaky clean like it's bigged up to be.
Lovehoney's Carly Drew was interviewed by the brilliant Murray Newlands about blogging for the sex industry. Whether you've just started your own sexy blog or you want to find out more about the Lovehoney team, Murray's interview is insightful, interesting and hilarious too! Check it out and leave him a comment or two!
This turtle having sex had me giggling my socks off! I do feel a bit sorry for the girl turtle though. Turtles never look like they're all that happy, but this one looks positively bored, bored, bored. Boy turtle seems to be enjoying himself though! Oh it reminds me of time spent with my ex!
Apparently the way to be unforgettable in bed is to ditch your guy and go solo! Brilliant! Tracey Cox gives the best tips and tricks for great solo sex that will turn you into a sexual goddess. And who wouldn't want that?!
And why not try out these 6 positions for Better Sex Play on the iVillage website? This post suggests massage and foreplay as great ways to achieve better sex and I couldn't agree more. Best to stock up on sensual massage oils and good lubes! I particularly like the JimmyJane Afterglow Massage Candle in Blackcurrant. The candle gives off a gorgeous scent and when the wax has melted it turns into a warm and silky massage oil. And it looks pretty too!
Check back every week for my top sex blog choices and get in touch if you'd like to see yours featured on the site!
"I was on the bed before you can say F**k me boots!" yelps KittyPurry. Now that we've officially got your attention… welcome to this week's round-up of our favourite reviews you've written this week.
And then feast upon best reviews from our friends in the US at edenfantasys, introduced by Gary. Always great to see what folk on t'other side of the pond are saying about their sex toys!