In my days as a writer for Lovehoney, I’ve seen some very strange things.
From members of the warehousing team dropping trou’ to try the Remote Control Hands-Free Electro Stimulator, to vibrators that shave off your pubes at the same time. No day at LH HQ could ever be considered ‘average’.
However, there seems to be a spate of animal themed sex toys and naughty products at the moment and it’s making me feel a little uneasy to say the least.
Christmas is an occasion for spending time with the family, eating lots of food, drinking lots of booze and not to mention, the glorious exchange of gifts.
But its also a huge stress and always leaves me feeling like I've just ran a hundred marathons in one go.
So to all my fellow sex bloggers out there, I thought I'd lend you a hand this Christmas by giving you my top 5 tips for sex blogging this festive season.
This week, as well as perving on sexy new christmas gifts, I've also been checking out the sex blogosphere for lots of naughty news!
From kissing under the mistletoe to shopping stress and its effects on your libido, check out my top picks of all things dirty and flirty this week.
- Isn't kissing great? I have yet to meet anyone that doesn't agree with me when I say that, and it may have something to do with the fact that it's true. But apparently there are other good reasons to involve yourself in a good make-out sesh other than my 'because it's great' argument. YourTango has 5 Reasons Kissing Is Good For You that makes me sing the praises of locking lips even more; especially the point about it burning calories!
- Pole dancing is an incredibly erotic display of the female form. It also requires a hell of a lot of strength, especially if you want to pull off moves like these two at Miss Pole Dance Australia. I was thinking I should get a pole of my own such, as the Peekaboo Pink Pole Dancing Kit, but then I saw this video. Pole Dance fail! Maybe not then… To pole or not to pole, that is the question!
- I'm quite a fan of fun little quizzes that test my knowledge on sex toys. A few weeks ago I partook in one called Sex Toy or Child's Toy where you had to guess whether the picture was part of a sex toy or, you guessed it, a child's toy. This quiz on Tres Sugar asks Sex Toy or Roller Coaster? where you need to guess which category each falls in just from its name. I got 70% which I didn't think was too bad. Can you beat it?
- Ever fancied yourself as an erotic writer? Well usually Cracked is full of stories of a mocking nature, set to entertain your comedy side, but this article, 5 Steps To Writing Erotic Fiction will leave you feeling ready to put erotic word to erotic Word document in no time. Oh yeah, it's funny aswell. I'd expect nothing less from Cracked!
- What do you do when your sex drive goes AWOL? Alaina over at Handbag shares some of the biggest causes of a missing libido and tells you how to overcome it. And when you do overcome it, I suggest you reward yourself with the JimmyJane Form 6 Luxury Rechargeable Massager. I LOVE JimmyJane. Look out for their new vibrator, Form 2, because it looks incredible.
Don't forget to get in touch with your naughty news stories and bawdy blog posts - you may even see them mentioned on Lovehoney!
Amidst the giddy sex toy revolution that is Sqweel, it's easy to forget that men like sex toys too - but we haven't! Recently we've seen the launch of better-than-ever male sex toys from both Fleshlight and TENGA - and just in case you missed them, here's a quick low-down…
This week's round-up is full of fun and frolics!
From sexy quizzes to accidental penises, this blog post is designed to educate you in all the weird and wonderful things that are going on in the sex blogosphere this week!
Read on to find out the best of the best…
- This is my final installment of Halloween greatness before the big night approaches this weekend. And even though I have been talking about this non-stop the past few weeks I still haven't chosen what I want to go as. Luckily the internet is full of possibilities and I've been browsing many sites for costume ideas. The Frisky have a few ideas on how to create Halloween costumes while living in these recession times in their post Free Halloween Costumes Already Hanging In Your Closet. I like their French idea, especially as I would get to wear stripes. However, I must say that today I feel very lucky to work at Lovehoney with our extensive range of sexy costumes and dress up ideas. I'm really considering going as a sexy sailor. It's the little hats that do it for me!
- Something I don't recommend this Halloween are these instructions on making your own home made sex toys… out of a pumpkin! I came across this while looking on the About Sexuality site. It seems a little bit pointless to me, seeing as you have to buy a dildo to get most of these alterations to work, so why not just use the dildo and save yourself the bother? And why would you ever want to perform frottage with a pumpkin?! Each to their own I suppose. There is also a fun quiz on this site, Baby Toy Or Sex Toy? It's a lot harder than it sounds. I got an average 8 out of 15. Why not see if you can beat it?
- I thought Your Tango posed some really good opinions in their Community Blog with the subject The Feminist Side Of Pole Dancing. 'Pole dancing is a controversial sport. It's hard to do; you have to have excellent core and upper body strength, and you have to be fairly coordinated. But it’s also undeniably erotic. Watching it immediately conjures up sexual thoughts for men, and most likely even for some women. It is inexorably linked to exotic dancing, otherwise known as stripping. Therein lies the feminist dilemma.' I happen to think that Pole Dancing is a very empowering thing for women and it's great to hear a piece, written by a woman, celebrating women publicly displaying their sexuality. Three cheers for the rise of pole dancing and erotica!
- I found this site last week, Accidental Dong, and I think it's hilarious. It's full of all things that accidentally look like penis', and most of the time I just think 'How could the manufacturers not realise that looked like a giant cock?!'
That's all from me this week. Why not get in touch with your Halloween shenanigans and pictures? I'd love to see what everyone gets up to. Have a happy Halloween!
The Venus Berlin show was quite an eye-opening experience!
In between the naked girls with Rosebud Stainless Steel Butt Plugs and the guys wearing Leather Bit Gags pulling chariots complete with horse harnesses and reins, there were lots of clothed people too.
Many of these clothed people were sex toy manufacturers.
The Lovehoney Sex Toys TV team saw lots of these non-naked manufacturers at Venus Berlin, as well as the designers, brand leaders and inventors behind some of the most orgasmic sex toys around!
As well as sharing stories and drinks with these lovely porner types, we also got them to explain their latest ranges of sex toys and give us a sneak peek at some very special products coming soon!
Keep checking Sex Toys TV over the coming weeks for brand new videos from Berlin but if you simply can’t wait, check out the teaser below the jump.
The topic of 'people that you fancy, but probably shouldn't' recently came up in the Lovehoney office, with a few embarrassing admissions from various members of the team!
Amongst the strange sex appeal ranks were Jack Nicholson, Terry Venables and the guy that plays Mr Gilbert in 'The Inbetweeners'.
Wanting a wide range of opinions, we turned to the Lovehoney Community for their answers!
The Community is made up of over 10,000 brilliant people who chat about sex, sex toys, dating and relationships - with the odd random topic thrown in too! So who better to ask than the people who taught me what a soggy biscuit is?
Here are the top five people that you fancy, but probably shouldn't as chosen by the brilliant Lovehoney Community:
1) Tina Turner
Forum member tallboy247 agreed on this sultry songstress who is still sexy at seventy:
"To be fair, Tina Turner is a hot piece, even now! Meooww… Bet she has a few notches on her bed post as well!"
2) Charlie Brooker
Three forum members had to confess to having a crush on Mr Brooker despite his unusual looks and scathing wit *swoon*. Fr33b1rd commented:
"I have to agree with everyone on Charlie Brooker. It's nice to know it's not just me."
3) Lily Allen
The sex appeal of this cockney lass is an acquired taste, but mimiaow explains:
"So terribly annoying and I also cannot stand her music; definitely one of those unwanted crushes. My friends give me such grief for it."
4) Cheetara from Thundercats
Not the only cartoon character that was mentioned but one of the more unusual ones, to say the least! SexyGet 69 said:
"Cheetara had a fit body but I probably shouldn't fancy her as she is an animation…"
5) Alan Alda (Hawkeye from M*A*S*H)
No matter how many times poppy904 explains it; this is still a crush that eludes me!
"As I've said a million times – Alan Alda… I just love a man who oozes genuine intelligence (even if it is just a character in a TV programme!)"
Want to confess your secret shameful crush? Join the Lovehoney Community and let us know who makes your strange sex appeal list!
We're over half way through October and I'm loving every minute of it!
Not just because of the falling autumn leaves, the dark evenings and the almost-but-not-quite festive spirit, but because the blogosphere is alive with the sound of sex (squelchy)!
From sexy Halloween goodies to hot girls in coffins, from unusual sex toys to saucy Twitter updates, this week's blog round-up is full of the greatest news stories you can find online.
- I did warn you last week that as Halloween approaches I get more and more excited! This week my Halloween searches have led me to some strange and wonderful places indeed. My first stop was over at College Candy where I couldn't help but agree whole heartedly with Brianna and her post 'Note to the Guys: Bring the Sexy This Halloween!' This year it's all about getting men into sexy Halloween costumes. I'm thinking firemen, police officers and, it might just be me, mechanics - there's just something about them I can't get enough of!
- Something that definitely ticks the strange category, comes from the News:lite site. Apparently an Italian company that makes coffins has launched it's very own sexy calendar for 2010. Beautiful, scantily clad ladies and, er, coffins. It's what wet dreams are made of!
- Some good news for British men - apparently you have the most stamina in bed. This is according to a study conducted by the Journal of Scientific Medicine who examined the sexual performance of 500 different men across several countries. Well done Brit boys. My national pride is beaming!
- This article on the Cracked site explores 18 of The World's Most Disturbing Sex Toys and had me laughing quite a bit. Examples include the Goo Gobblin' Granny, The Cannon and my favouriteThe Drippy Dragon. I must say, I had a lot of fun on this site. I really recommend taking a look at some of their other posts while you there as they are brilliant.
- Another follow on to last weeks blog regards Twitter. My Twittering ability seems to be coming on leaps and bounds (follow me @HoneyHarrie if you like) and it's all helped by good advice such as the 10 Things You Should Never Tweet After Sex on the Asylum site. Thank you Asylum for your great and funny advice!