More fun and frolics from the sex blogosphere!
Check out my top picks for the best sex blog posts around and get in touch if you have any recommendations of your own.
- Every year I get very excited about Halloween. I love dressing up. As a child I loved the free sweets and as a grown up I love the free alcoholic jelly shots that bars give out. This year I'm still deciding on what my costume will be, although I'm half tempted to go as a cliched vampire just so I can carry a Death by Orgasm around with me (a bullet vibe that comes in its own coffin case - it doesn't get any more Hallo-weenie than that!). As I was searching for a suitable costume for this year's scare fest I stumbled on this site Goths in Hot Weather. Like the title suggests this site is a collection of Goths and their presence in the sun, all the while they still clad themselves out in all black, with trench coats and those big clunky boots. Very funny indeed!
- Check out this weeks Love It! Magazine to find out which Lovehoney toys were rated the greatest by the Love It! readers. Needless to say the winner was the Lovehoney Jessica Rabbit 2.0 Rabbit Vibrator. With all its multiple speeds and rotating beads it's no wonder it came out on top. To be honest though, after reading the latest news on the Rockin Rabbits site, anything must be better than this woman's home made vibrator that ended up putting her in hospital. I have two things to say. 1. 'Ouch' and 2. 'What on earth was she thinking?!'
- Did you know that the clitoris is the only organ in either the male or female body whose only purpose is to give pleasure? And a lot of pleasure at that, which I'm more than sure you ladies already know! But after reading the article Clitology on Eden Fantasy's Sexis magazine it would seem there is so much more to the clitoris that we are yet to discover but it should be fun finding out!
- Happy Birthday to Durex! For 80 years (that's older than my Nan) Durex has been providing the world with quality means for safe sex. Feartherlite, ribbed, flavoured, you name the condom and Durex has it. Yet many people are still not using such easy protection when having sex, even though the risks are waved in the nation's pretty faces on an almost daily basis.
This article on the AOL News site suggests that shyness could be whats causing our poor sexual health. They suggest a few ways to help build bedroom confidence that will hopefully help with any embarrassment when it comes to contraception and the like.There's also a few facts and figures to shock you into using protection. Or if you really want to be shocked why not calculate the number of direct and indirect sexual partners you've had on the Sex Degrees of Seperation Calculator. I did it, and although its not in the millions like some peoples, it did get me thinking just how at risk we all are. So just remember the number one rule - No glove, No love!
- Another site that grabbed my attention this week was Date Wrecks. All of those nightmare dating scenarios you imagine from online dating seems to be reality for poor singleton Jami. Some of the dates she's been on are hilarious to read (although I'm sure the dates weren't funny at the time!). I think I may just stay single!
Sexual education shouldn't stop once you leave school, in fact, that is when it should really begin!
Sex advice is always available from Agony Aunts in magazines and newspapers and if you have the time, it's always worth picking up a better sex guide to dip in and out of before you get busy.
But having the time to really concentrate on learning new techniques and taking on new ideas is often difficult, especially in the current busy and bustling world where there's always a form that needs filling in or a Twitter account to update!
But what if you could pick up sexy hints and tips on your morning run? Or how about learning the most exciting, confidence-building, sex-enhancing techniques whilst wandering around the supermarket?
Well, now you can! In fact, you can get brilliant sex advice from Susan Quilliam and Jim Davis of LBC fame, anytime and anywhere with their new audio downloads!
Penis size is a topic that everyone is curious about.
Is there a positive correlation between shoe size and penis size?
Do men always over-estimate their length?
Is it the motion of the ocean rather than the size of the boat, which is more important?
We here at Lovehoney want to put the myths, rumours and general penis gossip to the test and discover exactly what he's packing in his pants!
This brilliant survey is aimed at couples (don't worry – we've got a special one for singles coming soon!) and designed to find out what the average penis size is, what you prefer and a whole array of other naughtiness too.
Simply fill in your answers to the survey, enter your Lovehoney Community name (making sure your address is added to your profile) and you could be in with the chance of winning one of fifty Lovehoney Inch Perfect Waterproof Multispeed Vibrators!
These clever little vibes are not only ultra powerful but they have a series of measurements printed on the side so you can find out exactly what size your partner is!
Check it out after the jump…
This competition has now closed.
Another week has flown by and the blogosphere is set to burst with sexy stories!
It's my job to sort the leather from the PVC (this is the sex toy industry's version of 'sorting the wheat from the chaff') and bring you the best sex blogs and naughty news stories from around the world.
- I love this sexy vibrator chandelier featured on The Frisky. I'm not sure how practical it would be, seeing as it's made from quite a few silver plated vibrators, and I'm guessing my Gran would be a bit shocked when she came round for a cuppa, but it's definitely a conversation piece!
- You may remember from a few weeks back that we launched the UK Sex Map. This genius device allows you to pick any place in the UK and examine their sexploits. For example, I'm originally from Hungerford, Berkshire, and us lot apparently spend the most money on sexy shoes and boots which, considering my vast shoe collection, is very true!
OkCupid, a popular American dating site have done something similar to the UK Sex Map. OkCupid asked a series of questions such as 'would you date someone for the sex?' and then used a map and pretty colours to show which parts of America said what. It makes for quite interesting reading, I must say!
- Hands up who's heard of the LFL? No? Well the LFL is otherwise known as the Lingerie Football League, which is probably the greatest thing ever. Sexy ladies running around, playing football (well, American football), wearing just their undies. It's Incredible! Not the football bit but the underwear bit!
I love underwear and I especially love it when other people look good in underwear, which the ladies in the LFL certainly do. Maybe I'll start up a UK league. And all the players have to wear stockings. Especially if they are from the gorgeous new Leg Avenue range. That really would make football a beautiful game.
- I found this post on The Shine blog quite interesting. An insight into a man's thoughts while having sex. I was surprised to find out they did have thoughts during sex, and pleased to discover it's not about my wobbly bits. Hurrah!
- At Lovehoney, our love of all things bondage keeps getting bigger and bigger, especially since the sexy fetish model Hella Rouge has began modeling for our Bondage Boutique range.
This inspired me to search the internet for more bondage related stories and, not surprisingly, I found hundreds! But I did see this, again from The Frisky, which will give you some idea as to how long bondage leather cat suits have been around for - since the times of black and white telly that's for sure!
Squirting, female ejaculation, gushing – whatever you call it; it's the hottest topic around.
Female ejaculation porn has become more widely accepted, videos and articles on how to squirt are exceptionally popular and there are even sex toys designed to replicate this wet and wild sensation!
During our most recent poll, we asked 'have you ever experienced female ejaculation'? And the results were honest, enlightening and reassuring.
25% of people said that they had never experienced female ejaculation, but they would like to. This result really puts a smile on my face as it shows that people have come to understand, accept and embrace female ejaculation, but that it isn't as common as the internet leads us to believe!
So don't worry ladies – you're far from a sexual failure because you don't squirt! In fact, only 11% of the people surveyed said that they squirt regularly.
However, a shocking 6% voted for "women can't ejaculate it's all lies!"
Yeah, come here and say that!
Another week of sex blogs and what a week it's been!
Masturbation and animals seem to feature a lot, but you'll be relieved to know not together! Read on to find out what I've been reading…
I want a penis. I want a big penis and I want to put it in the new Tenga Flip Hole Black Edition! It's not out until November but we here at Lovehoney have the first one in the UK! Apparently it feels even better then the original with lots more sensational nodules for wanktastic fun.
I randomly came across this picture on PopBitch the other day. It's the best tomato and duck combination I've ever seen! There's also a link to the site This Peanut Looks Like a Duck which is a collection of food and objects that look like ducks. I was half tempted to send them a picture of the I Rub My Duckie Vibrator, but I don' t think they would appreciate it! But I enjoyed the randomness of this site very much, although I don't know why!
From wanking fun to, err, not wanking at all. Whilst catching up on the Frisky site, I discovered that the ex-guitarist for the band KoRn has had Jesus tattooed on his knuckles to stop him wanking. To be honest, I'm not really sure how this will work. How often do you look at your hand whilst wanking? Plus if he'd read this blog on the Examiner then he'd realise that the Bible isn't all squeaky clean like it's bigged up to be.
Lovehoney's Carly Drew was interviewed by the brilliant Murray Newlands about blogging for the sex industry. Whether you've just started your own sexy blog or you want to find out more about the Lovehoney team, Murray's interview is insightful, interesting and hilarious too! Check it out and leave him a comment or two!
This turtle having sex had me giggling my socks off! I do feel a bit sorry for the girl turtle though. Turtles never look like they're all that happy, but this one looks positively bored, bored, bored. Boy turtle seems to be enjoying himself though! Oh it reminds me of time spent with my ex!
Apparently the way to be unforgettable in bed is to ditch your guy and go solo! Brilliant! Tracey Cox gives the best tips and tricks for great solo sex that will turn you into a sexual goddess. And who wouldn't want that?!
And why not try out these 6 positions for Better Sex Play on the iVillage website? This post suggests massage and foreplay as great ways to achieve better sex and I couldn't agree more. Best to stock up on sensual massage oils and good lubes! I particularly like the JimmyJane Afterglow Massage Candle in Blackcurrant. The candle gives off a gorgeous scent and when the wax has melted it turns into a warm and silky massage oil. And it looks pretty too!
Check back every week for my top sex blog choices and get in touch if you'd like to see yours featured on the site!
"I was on the bed before you can say F**k me boots!" yelps KittyPurry. Now that we've officially got your attention… welcome to this week's round-up of our favourite reviews you've written this week.
And then feast upon best reviews from our friends in the US at edenfantasys, introduced by Gary. Always great to see what folk on t'other side of the pond are saying about their sex toys!
Welcome to my third weekly sex blog round up.
Read on to learn about the town of Upminister, how orgasms will ruin the careers of doctors and much, much more…
- The Lovehoney Sex Map has arrived! However, I must admit that I'd never heard of Upminster (should I have?) before the Sex Map told me it was the UK's sexiest town, so I decided to do a little research in to what makes the people of Upminister so damn horny. I began to explore the Upminster Community Website to see what I could find out about this saucy town. Shops? Well, only if you need a hearing aid. Pubs? Yes, including the aptly named 'The Crumpled Horn', 'The Jobbers Rest' and 'The Optimist Tavern'. A good Neighbourhood Watch scheme? Of course. Beautiful people? No, my goodness no! Just look at who is on the council.
- Oh, and at the bottom of the sex town pile is Badminton in Avon. It consists of 1 hotel, 1 horse and no sex. And that's it. For more stats on sex in the UK check out this blog by Lovehoney's Carly Drew.
- Yay! Something I've always suspected (and hoped) has finally been proven true. An orgasm a day will keep the doctor away! According to this article on male enhancement products, to stay healthy we should be having at least 2 orgasms a week. That beats the gym any day!
- Currently our Lovehoney poll is asking if sex ever features in your dreams. We're interested to find out about the deep inner workings of your subconscious and just be a bit nosy really. With that in mind, I came across this dream interpretation blog on the Em and Lo site. This week features the dream 'I made a porno with my crush'. Sexy dreams = All the fun, none of the mess.
- I'm a single girl and I like being single. I don't have to shave my legs for weeks on end and I can eat toast in bed and no one will complain about crumb-covered sheets. I'm not adverse to beautiful people asking me out, as long as they actually are beautiful, have some wit and are not a dick. But this is rarely the case. However if I did decide I needed a relationship and I needed it so much that my desperation had me turning to the internet to resolve my issue, I'm glad that Listverse has posted this blog so I can avoid those dating websites with a difference. Difference being the nice way to say weirdos!
- It would seem that porn does have something to teach us. This post on the iVillage site tells us 10 Things Good Girls Can Learn From Pornstars. I particularly like point 9 - 'be a little selfish' - so I've been looking at some lovely splurges for myself. I've narrowed it down to the Toy Joy G-Spot vibrator or this baby doll underwear set from Seven 'til Midnight. Choices, choices…
Check back every week for my top sex blog choices and get in touch if you'd like to see yours featured on the site!
With the triumphant launch of the UK Sex Map, we decided it was about time we gave you the facts and figures you’ve all been waiting for!
Trying to figure out the sexiest university in the UK?
Looking for a sex shop to fill your fantasies?
Read on to find out more!