Amidst the giddy sex toy revolution that is Sqweel, it's easy to forget that men like sex toys too - but we haven't! Recently we've seen the launch of better-than-ever male sex toys from both Fleshlight and TENGA - and just in case you missed them, here's a quick low-down…
This week's round-up is full of fun and frolics!
From sexy quizzes to accidental penises, this blog post is designed to educate you in all the weird and wonderful things that are going on in the sex blogosphere this week!
Read on to find out the best of the best…
- This is my final installment of Halloween greatness before the big night approaches this weekend. And even though I have been talking about this non-stop the past few weeks I still haven't chosen what I want to go as. Luckily the internet is full of possibilities and I've been browsing many sites for costume ideas. The Frisky have a few ideas on how to create Halloween costumes while living in these recession times in their post Free Halloween Costumes Already Hanging In Your Closet. I like their French idea, especially as I would get to wear stripes. However, I must say that today I feel very lucky to work at Lovehoney with our extensive range of sexy costumes and dress up ideas. I'm really considering going as a sexy sailor. It's the little hats that do it for me!
- Something I don't recommend this Halloween are these instructions on making your own home made sex toys… out of a pumpkin! I came across this while looking on the About Sexuality site. It seems a little bit pointless to me, seeing as you have to buy a dildo to get most of these alterations to work, so why not just use the dildo and save yourself the bother? And why would you ever want to perform frottage with a pumpkin?! Each to their own I suppose. There is also a fun quiz on this site, Baby Toy Or Sex Toy? It's a lot harder than it sounds. I got an average 8 out of 15. Why not see if you can beat it?
- I thought Your Tango posed some really good opinions in their Community Blog with the subject The Feminist Side Of Pole Dancing. 'Pole dancing is a controversial sport. It's hard to do; you have to have excellent core and upper body strength, and you have to be fairly coordinated. But it’s also undeniably erotic. Watching it immediately conjures up sexual thoughts for men, and most likely even for some women. It is inexorably linked to exotic dancing, otherwise known as stripping. Therein lies the feminist dilemma.' I happen to think that Pole Dancing is a very empowering thing for women and it's great to hear a piece, written by a woman, celebrating women publicly displaying their sexuality. Three cheers for the rise of pole dancing and erotica!
- I found this site last week, Accidental Dong, and I think it's hilarious. It's full of all things that accidentally look like penis', and most of the time I just think 'How could the manufacturers not realise that looked like a giant cock?!'
That's all from me this week. Why not get in touch with your Halloween shenanigans and pictures? I'd love to see what everyone gets up to. Have a happy Halloween!Julie Peasgood
Most men love being given oral sex, and I certainly don’t think that being in his 40s is any bar to that!
The wait is over - the revolutionary Sqweel Oral Sex Simulator is back in stock. It's exclusive to Lovehoney… you can't get it anywhere else!
With 10 teasing, incredibly realistic silicone tongues, Sqweel is the most innovative sex toy since the rabbit vibrator. And judging by your comments, Sqweel has 'gone down' a storm.
Reviewer imeldaimelda says: "It’s really great quality with soft and flexible tongues, in a very well designed case which is really easy to hold and manoeuvre to the right spot."
"I honestly believe that if enough women find out about this, it could be as revolutionary as the Rabbit - if not more so!" enthuses LivingFire.
Don't delay, get your Sqweel Oral Sex Simulator today!
Lovehoney loves Halloween!
Sex and pregnancy is still something of a taboo, despite it being one of the most natural things possible.
During pregnancy, your hormones go wild and some days you'll be craving non-stop multiple orgasms and other days you'd happily leave your Jessica Rabbit Vibrator to gather dust under the bed.
So enjoy the beautiful and rewarding time that is pregnancy, without the worry!
The Venus Berlin show was quite an eye-opening experience!
In between the naked girls with Rosebud Stainless Steel Butt Plugs and the guys wearing Leather Bit Gags pulling chariots complete with horse harnesses and reins, there were lots of clothed people too.
Many of these clothed people were sex toy manufacturers.
The Lovehoney Sex Toys TV team saw lots of these non-naked manufacturers at Venus Berlin, as well as the designers, brand leaders and inventors behind some of the most orgasmic sex toys around!
As well as sharing stories and drinks with these lovely porner types, we also got them to explain their latest ranges of sex toys and give us a sneak peek at some very special products coming soon!
Keep checking Sex Toys TV over the coming weeks for brand new videos from Berlin but if you simply can’t wait, check out the teaser below the jump.
It’s been a while since our last survey and prize giveaway, so we thought we’d come up with something extra special to brighten up these dark autumn days.
Inspired by the gorgeous Philips Massager range, we here at Lovehoney want to know what helps you to relax and unwind.
Maybe you like to de-stress with a glass of wine and a book or maybe you’re one of those fabled people who actually enjoys exercising to chase away the pressures of everyday life.
Whatever you do to relax, we want to know in our survey below!
And in return for your answers, we have £500 worth of Philips relaxation products to share between several very lucky winners!
THIS SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED
The topic of 'people that you fancy, but probably shouldn't' recently came up in the Lovehoney office, with a few embarrassing admissions from various members of the team!
Wanting a wide range of opinions, we turned to the Lovehoney Community for their answers!
The Community is made up of over 10,000 brilliant people who chat about sex, sex toys, dating and relationships - with the odd random topic thrown in too! So who better to ask than the people who taught me what a soggy biscuit is?
Here are the top five people that you fancy, but probably shouldn't as chosen by the brilliant Lovehoney Community:
1) Tina Turner
Forum member tallboy247 agreed on this sultry songstress who is still sexy at seventy:
"To be fair, Tina Turner is a hot piece, even now! Meooww… Bet she has a few notches on her bed post as well!"
2) Charlie Brooker
Three forum members had to confess to having a crush on Mr Brooker despite his unusual looks and scathing wit *swoon*. Fr33b1rd commented:
"I have to agree with everyone on Charlie Brooker. It's nice to know it's not just me."
3) Lily Allen
The sex appeal of this cockney lass is an acquired taste, but mimiaow explains:
"So terribly annoying and I also cannot stand her music; definitely one of those unwanted crushes. My friends give me such grief for it."
4) Cheetara from Thundercats
Not the only cartoon character that was mentioned but one of the more unusual ones, to say the least! SexyGet 69 said:
"Cheetara had a fit body but I probably shouldn't fancy her as she is an animation…"
5) Alan Alda (Hawkeye from M*A*S*H)
No matter how many times poppy904 explains it; this is still a crush that eludes me!
"As I've said a million times – Alan Alda… I just love a man who oozes genuine intelligence (even if it is just a character in a TV programme!)"
Want to confess your secret shameful crush? Join the Lovehoney Community and let us know who makes your strange sex appeal list!
Sob, wail, gnash. Despite 30 hours of round-table talks (who was playing King Arthur?) , the Communications Worker's Union and the Royal Mail couldn't sort out their differences. So the strikes are on, no postal deliveries on Thursday or Friday.
But never fear - this does not mean that your dildo delivery need be delayed. We've called in a crack squad of express couriers to pick up the slack during the strike days.
For just £2.95 - or nowt if you spend more than £30 - you can avail yourself of our super-awesome choose-your-delivery day service.
Order by 4pm Thursday and you could be tucked up in bed on Friday night with your new special friend. Sweet dreams!