1. Why You Should Be Masturbating Right Now

why-you-should-be-masturbating

If someone asked you why you masturbate it might seem like an odd question – surely it’s obvious? It feels great, relieves sexual frustration, and some of us even do it just to kill time!

But what if we told you that dabbling in a little ménage à moi may well benefit more areas of your life than you might realise?

With positive impacts on your health, mood, sex life and more, masturbation has been proven time and again to be one of our healthier habits as a species.

To find out why a fap a day can keep the doctor away, keep reading.

Upgrade your solo time with one of these...

why-you-should-be-masturbating-right-now

It keeps you physically healthy

It might sound far-fetched, but you’d be surprised just how much good some quality solo time can do for you!

Studies have found that men who ejaculate more than four times a week are a third less likely to contract prostate cancer and, in women, regular orgasms can help prevent cervical infections and UTIs.

why-you-should-be-masturbating3

It's great for your mood

It should come as no surprise that masturbation makes you feel good, but the impact lasts much longer than the moment of orgasm.

The dopamine released in both male and female brains has been found to have a lessening effect on symptoms associated with depression, and with regular exposure can have a general positive effect on your emotional wellbeing.

So you really can fap yourself happy (in a way, that is).

why-you-should-be-masturbating4

It makes for better sex

Far too many people associate masturbation with a lack of sex, but this is absolutely not the case.

Quite to the contrary, it's well known that masturbation can lead to better, more satisfying sex.

For those with a penis, regular masturbation can be used to train for longer-lasting sex, and for everyone, it leads to a better understanding of the unique nature of your body.

That means that when you're with a partner, you'll be better equipped to let them know what works and doesn't work for you.

why-you-should-be-masturbating

It works wonders for your mental health

Two of the most common negative impacts on a person's mental health are stress and lack of sleep. When we all have such busy lives, it's only too easy to go far too long, doing far too much, without realising it.

First up - sleep. The earlier-mentioned endorphins released during orgasm have wonderful relaxing effects, and with the added bonus of lowering blood pressure, masturbation might be just what you need to top off a restful night in.

Many people also find a correlation between going a while without orgasm and stress levels, so when the weight of the world is on your shoulders, try taking matters into your own hands, so to speak.

should-be-masturbating

It's safer than sex

It might be obvious, but it's pretty hard to get pregnant (or get someone else pregnant) if you're playing on single player.

Not only is masturbation safer than sex (you don't have to worry about STIs), it can be just as satisfying as sex (if not more so for many people).

Whatever your reason, or even lack thereof, your body is yours to enjoy and you've no reason not to do so.

So, next time you're basking in the glow of a solo job well done, remember this list and glow even brighter.

The ViBlogger is a student at the University of Leeds, where he studies Astrophysics. When he's not writing for The Sextbook, he can usually be found in a Yorkshire field reenacting the 12th century.

Download UNISEX Student Lovehoney E-Book

You may also like:

• Mr bad ass 98: March 09, 2017 17:56
      Wow didn't know any this thanks??
    • Mr bad ass 98: July 30, 2017 08:30
      Not sure why my comment has a question mark must done that by accident
    • Jules: September 20, 2018 13:18
      I just REALLY LOVE SEX! The more, the better mmmm
    • Shaun Osborne: May 11, 2020 17:30
      I must admit I do masturbate sometimes( when the wife ain't about
      And the pleasure does feel more intense.
    • Roger John: May 11, 2020 18:29
      I like to Masturbate at night in bed, while my wife is fast asleep
    • Andi: May 11, 2020 18:39
      As ive got older ive got hornier... so i quite often have a little play without hubby ;)
    • Tony: May 11, 2020 19:31
      Yes I have got Hornier as I have got holder I wank everyday somtimes twice
    • Mr C: May 11, 2020 19:44
      I masturbate twice to three times a day on average (up to 7 if I am alone with nothing to do) as my wife is hardly interested in sex any more. The concerning thing is she reckons she has not masturbated herself for about a year. I believe less masturbation leads to less sex unfortunately. It’s the only thing that keeps me going when I have such a high sex drive and I am with a partner who has none!
    • James: May 11, 2020 20:05
      So we should all try to become bigger wankers during lock-down?
    • Tony: May 11, 2020 20:17
      What all the guys want is a tenga flip hole buy 1 guys you won't regret it they are the best sex toy on the market
    • Ray: May 11, 2020 20:26
      Unfortunately my gorgeous looking wife eleven years my junior doesn't seem interested in sex any more , I'm nearly sixty and have a very high sex drive , I masturbate usually every night when she's gone to bed, I use a cock ring and butt plug to heighten the pleasure, I must say I'm as fit as a fiddle and even cycle over 100 miles a week, friends and people I know that don't know my age think I'm in my late forties! Which makes me feel great ! So for me masturbating is superb!.
    • Ray: May 11, 2020 20:34
      She's asleep upstairs, I'm having fun downstairs, I certainly wouldn't attempt to pleasure myself in bed with her asleep.
    • Ray: May 11, 2020 21:52
      Hi Roger, unfortunately when I eventually hit the sack I'm out like a light, LOL.

• Tony: May 11, 2020 23:15
      Yes I will be shooting my load I love wanking my cock
    • RbL: May 12, 2020 01:07
      I’m pleased to know so many guys are in the same boat, wifey is older than me but certainly doesn’t have the sex drive I do, mine seems to increase as I get older so some personal time while she’s asleep (yes very often whilst I’m in bed alongside her!) or if she’s out is just great!
    • Michelle: May 12, 2020 01:48
      Guys it's not just you... I indulge in phonesex often with strangers, whilst I play when my hubby's asleep.

One of the guys I speak to now & then actually wanks while his wife's asleep & he's talking to me.

• gary: May 12, 2020 10:12
      I am pleased to hear guys are getting hornier when they are older - me too. I didn't realise this sport was so good for me as well as enjoyable - I need to increase my frequency esp in light of prostrate problem avoidance - oh well the cost of looking after one's health.
    • Tony: May 12, 2020 11:07
      Hi guys & girls can anybody tell me if there same as me I had to be circumcised last December and it takes me a lot longer to cum
    • Jilly: May 12, 2020 11:10
      I solo play every single day because i have a very stressful job and this helps but i still have a very active sex life with my husband. The more orgasms the better !!!
    • Mat: May 12, 2020 11:14
      I thought I was the only one! My wife isn’t interested in sex anymore after we had a baby. I find myself self wanking in the shed or if she’s gone to bed! I hope it’s not like this forever though as we are only in our early thirty’s!
    • Tony: May 12, 2020 11:20
      Hi Matt you need to invest in a tenga flip hole they are the next best thing to a pussy there about £65.00 which sounds a lot of money but belive me I have had them years you need some lube my jelly from Poundland if you you buy one you need the white or black there the best I have both your cock will be in even belive me you won't regret it all the best stay safe
    • Tony: May 13, 2020 00:12
      Hi Rodger John not tryed dolls I am into tenga flip hole belive me when I say this the take you to places you have not been before I have 2 black and white are the best may I ask how old you are
    • Roger John: May 13, 2020 07:52
      Hello Tony
      I will take a look at this particular device, I would really like a automatic wanker machine, as you get older your arm starts to show your age!!!!!
      Retired Gentlemen
    • Tony: May 13, 2020 08:08
      Hi again Rodger John buy one you won't regret it you need some lube I use ky jelly but there is plenty to choose from if you buy 1 you get 3 lubes with it I also somtimes put a mini vibrator inside it belive me your cock will be in even I put it on 2 pillows or bedside locker it is also very easy to clean let me no if you get one they are about £65.00 but worth it good luck
    • Roger John: May 18, 2020 08:15
      Sunday update for masturbation month of May
      Surprise No Sex, but my woke wanked me off, it was great not to get arm ache
      Any other chaps here had this service?
      What about the ladies has your other half helped you to cum?
    • Shaun Osborne: May 18, 2020 09:39
      My wife don't do that but I do tend to give her a good finger fuck at every opportunity . Especially when she goes in the garden at night for a smoke LOl
    • Roger John: May 18, 2020 14:53
      I used to enjoy fingering my wife's wet pussy, I loved to lick the liquid juices of my fingers Mmmmm so horny
    • Roger John: May 18, 2020 15:06
      I had a sneaky wank this morning in my underpants as my wife was upstairs dressing Mmmmm
      As I have had a prostate op, I do not cum loads, but it’s still gives me the pleasurable feeling of cum with some form of messy liquid cum!!!
    • Roger John: May 18, 2020 15:41
      Sneaky Wank in the Garden, came again in my YFronts Mmmmm so naughty, sticky underpants.
    • Ganting: May 21, 2020 21:57
      It’s like the old joke what is the difference between and egg and a wank

You can beat an egg

• gary: May 22, 2020 11:27
      That made me laugh - you can't beat a wank - as I sit here in my men's leggings - I do love them they know how to cuddle you.
    • gary: May 22, 2020 12:48
      your right a little gun oil works wonders too. I am talking solo play now. I hadn't considered the bum hole though - I will have to try it. It's really great fun and so relaxing to go slow - it's not about a quickie. I know my body loves this and it improves your well being and mental attitude too. Just remember nice and slow - at the moment I can find myself building up all morning and then when I let go it feels superb. I hadn't realised it's all in the build up !
    • gary: May 22, 2020 13:28
      Cheers for the advice - really I am getting into the flow of things since my hernia operation - never enjoyed it so much though - I really love it now it's given me a new leash of life sexually but well being too. I would recommend a good wank to any male - I haven't got your stamina though twice a day is brill really athletic I think I would be exhausted but cannot stress how much I love men's sports tights and leggings feel really sexy on my body - do give them a go. I was recommended to wear after operation but now so enthusiastic.
    • Tony: May 22, 2020 13:31
      Hi yes might try that have you got any male sex/ vibrating / cock rings
    • gary collins: May 22, 2020 15:59
      I have some toys just purchased but amazingly haven't used them yet - this relaxation hits the spot together with my leggings and tights which I recommend - I have ordered some cock rings as think might make me stronger after op and can wear under leggings etc to me these are even better than being naked - sorry if that sounds a little wierd
    • Tony: May 22, 2020 16:15
      Hi cool and no it does not sound weird if it turns you on then why not the best male toy I have is a tenga flip hole look at them on love honey they take your cock to places he as not been before they are £65 but worth every penny I am on 5th one spread over 8 years check put the reveiws the white is the best or black
    • Tony: May 23, 2020 21:05
      Hi Rodger John that's very true and it's the average size anyway as long as we are happy and get satisfaction that's all that matters I think Gary's gone shy
    • Roger John: May 23, 2020 21:17
      Hi Tony
      No one should be shy of you size, in the end, if you are happy with your cock, who cares what any one thinks.
      As a confirmed Masturbator I love pleasing myself as often as possible.
    • gary: May 23, 2020 22:02
      I have gone shy but I always thought you shouldn't get hung up on size - all I know is mine is big enough for how I want to love it - that's important - to love it and caress it as valuable friend
    • Tony: May 23, 2020 22:17
      Ok Gaz it's just a bit of banta and if your happy that's all that matters
    • Gary: May 24, 2020 00:18
      Tony - no on the contrary - I appreciate your sentiment though and being able to talk about a subject not normally expressed - it is very valuable - I had a major operation last August for a hernia - so you can see how important it is for me to able to love my body. I am also a Christian and do not understand why we can't talk. It's natural and enjoyable - a gift of grace I believe. A wonderful present. I am a highly sensitive man and enjoy the tactile nature of life and sex. You may think this weird but I enjoy being naked in bed and just being still - the body soaks up - I suppose this is apart of recovery. Sometimes a get a delicious little trickling sensation sometimes not - I don't care - the body is soaking up being loved. This helps dispel any negative self body image, or self esteem - it's about being happy with our gifts of our bodies. I love Under Armour leggings but LOVE wearing Skins compression tights - do try them - you will probably blow initially but so wonderful when you feel at peace wearing them
    • Tony: May 24, 2020 10:49
      Hi guys and girls hope your all masterbatin and don't forget guys it's good for your prostate at least once a day there is a,saying a wank a day keeps the docter away have a good one