Today's Blog Brought to you by the Number 10: Lovehoney's Week in Sex News
For one thing, we've just celebrated our 10th birthday. We had a big party here at Lovehoney HQ in June to celebrate a whole decade of promoting sexual happiness.
We love ten so much, it even plays a big part in our products. For example, Lovehoney's revolutionary oral sex simulator, the Sqweel 2, has ten silicone tongues. That's ten times the pleasure.
So with that in mind, our weekly round up of sex news is brought to you by the number ten!
- There comes a time in every relationship that a big question gets asked. No, not "Will you marry me", but the scarier "How many people have you slept with?" Nothing strikes panic like being questioned about our previous sexual encounters. Should you round up or round down? Will they be shocked? How many is too many? Well, worry no more, because apparently 10 is the magic number. In a survey of 1,000 people, 10 was chosen as the best number of past lovers. How do you score?
- We've scoured the Lovehoney archives for our favourite Top 10 guides and rediscovered our guide to the Top 10 Sex Toys for Couples. For the ladies, we've rounded up the Top 10 Toys for Clitoral Stimulation and the 10 Most Powerful Vibrators.
- Our word of the week this Sunday is arithmomania, describing a strong obsession with numbers. Does that make me an arithmomaniac, then?
- "When its owner realises that his penis has turned into a black hole, he will become profoundly depressed and overcome by a feeling of loss." Dr. John Marshall discusses why superluminal sex isn't all it's cracked up to be. Read all 10 reasons whysex at the speed of light isn't an advisable form of procreation.
- Ever wondered where the name Lovehoney came from, or what our favourite review is? Discover 10 things you didn't know about Lovehoney.
- Our video of the week is this incredible TED talk from author Mary Roach, revealing 10 things you didn't know about orgasms.
Wait! That's not everything
If you've liked what you read, why not pass it on? Click on the buttons below to share it. Don't worry, you'll get a preview of what it'll look like (on Facebook and Twitter) first. Thank you, and hopefully see you this time next week!