How to Use a Blindfold for Better Sex
Simple, sexy and fun, the blindfold is a must-have for those looking to dabble with bedroom bondage.
Blindfolds are a tool to enhance sensation. Without sight we rely on our other senses much more, so smells, sounds, tastes and physical contact are all enhanced.
Blindfolds also build anticipation as we try to interpret what our partner is going to do next. Variation and anticipation will leave your partner totally aroused - and you'll feel like an incredible lover!
A blindfold holds so much pleasure potential - from sensuality to sex-play around power and control.
One of the questions we get asked most at Lovehoney is what exactly do you do once your partner's blindfolded? Check out these sex tips for using a blindfold to help make your play run a little more smoothly.
Above: Why are blindfolds so popular? Jess Wilde gives you 5 sterling reasons why in this video!
- If you want to experiment with power play, a blindfold is your best friend. Even if you’re not naturally dominant, you’ll find it easier to slip into a dominating role if your partner can’t see you. You’ll feel less self conscious, helping you to get into your stride.
- Exercise your dominant streak and ask your partner to do things to you while they're blindfolded. Guide them to performing incredible oral sex or ask them to run their hands all over your body - they'll love exploring you anew.
- Alternatively, do things you your partner while they're deprived of sight. Stroke them, kiss them, lick them. Then, change the pace: stop and stay completely still from time to time. Don't make contact again until they're desperate for you to touch them once more.
- Take inspiration from '9 ½ Weeks' and create a sexy platter of food to tease and tempt your partner with. In the film Mickey Rourke blindfolds Kim Basinger in front of the fridge and teases her with different foods from jelly to chillies. Try to keep food sexy and opt for easily lickable and tasty treats.
- It's all about sensation when your partner is blindfolded. Sneak an ice cube into play when they're least expecting it to set their senses alight.
- Give your partner an erotic massage, building up sensation slowly. Start off with a feather tickler to get them super excited, move onto slowly teasing your fingers over their skin and then add some massage oil or silicone lube to the mix and allow your hands to freely roam your favourite parts of your lover’s body. Alternate between running long, teasing strokes along their limbs and tracing little circles in one small area. The difference in sensation will feel incredible.
- Try masturbating blindfolded. A lot of people like to watch their partner masturbating, but the person 'performing' can feel self-conscious. If the 'performer' wears a blindfold, they can focus completely on their own pleasure and they may feel more at ease.
- Introduce a new sex toy into play that your partner wasn’t expecting. This is a great way to surprise your lover with a sex toy or some other sexy gift that they’ve had their eye on for a while.
Top-Rated Blindfolds for Couples:
Lovehoney Lace & Satin Blindfold (£5.99)
Tease by Lovehoney Blindfold (£14.99)
You may also like: