Lovehoney's Simple Sexy Shortbread Recipe - Perfect for Valentine's Day!
Cooking with your lover is a fun experience that brings you closer together.
Many attempts at baking with a partner end in playful food fights or licking left-over cake mix off each others’ bodies, although we doubt Delia would recommend that (Nigella would though).
If your cooking skills consist of knowing how to operate the microwave, we’ve got a super simple recipe for you that will really become the food of love! Not only is it easy to do but you won’t have to buy a single thing as you will more than likely have all three of the ingredients in your cupboard already.
After all, the real way to your partner’s heart is through their stomach…
250g (9 oz) plain flour
225g (8 oz) butter
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 C/Gas mark 3.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour into the mixture and mix to combine. A wooden spoon is good for this but using your hands is even better!
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to around 1cm thick.
4. Cut into desired shapes and place on ungreased baking trays.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Hints and Tips
- Cut your shortbread into cute hearts or… ruder shapes! We created penis and Lovehoney Jessica Rabbit 2.0 Rabbit Vibrator shaped shortbread!
- Use Lovehoney’s Chocolate and Strawberry Lovers Body Pen Set to write romantic or naughty messages on your shortbread and then pack it in your partner’s lunch!
Alternatively, get your lover in on the fun and see how long it takes for the sweet icing to make its way on to your skin…