Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.Shop there and get 10% off!Go to Lovehoney.com
Top Tips and Helpful Hints
Looking for inspiration? Read our judges' advice on creating a great competition entry.
If you're designing a sex toy for men:
- Which part of the male anatomy does your toy stimulate? Think about whether you want to create a masturbator to be penetrated or a toy which enhances sex and solo play in some way.
- If you're looking to stimulate the P-spot, make sure it's safe for anal play by incorporating a flared base into your design.
- Your toy should be great fun to use, but also easy to clean. This will ensure that your product lasts for a long time.
- Ever heard the expression 'boys and their toys'? Gadget-type products which make use of exciting technology make great gifts and are hugely popular.
If you're designing a sex toy for women:
- What's your/your partner's favourite part of sex? Can you recreate this in a toy?
- Learn everything you can about the anatomy of the female body. If you don't have a vagina of your own, get studying!
- One of our most commonly used search terms is 'quiet vibrator'. Rocket-powered toys might deliver intense orgasms, but discretion is a key selling point.
- Different women enjoy different levels of sensation. If you're designing a vibrating toy, consider whether you're targeting power junkies or those who like it soft. Better yet, create something that can do both!
If you're designing a sex toy for couples:
- Does your design favour one partner over the other? Make sure your couple's toy is pleasurable for everyone involved.
- Make sure it's easy to use. When you're using a toy together, you want to keep the mood sexy – nothing kills passion more than having to go over the instructions for the 10th time.
- Foreplay is important! Is your toy designed to get you and your partner in the mood, or to enhance your experience during sex? Or both?
- People love sex toys which don't look like sex toys. For couples with kids or a busy home, a discreet toy is a plus.