Design A Sex Toy Competition Rules
Without wishing to get too heavy, these are the rules that govern the Design A Sex Toy Competition. When you enter, you agree to abide by these rules.
Here they are in short; scroll down to read them in full...
- All entries must be submitted online, but you can post printed designs and information to us.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to the full Competition Rules.
- The submitter of the winning category entry will win £1,000 – and the chance to have their design made!
- The submitter of the overall winning category entry will win an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000) - and the chance to have their design made!
- The competition deadline was July 2nd 2014. The competition has now closed.
- This is a competition to find the most original new design for a sex toy.
- You can enter provided you are aged 18 or over and are not employed by or related to Lovehoney, its agents or anyone professionally connected with this competition. No purchase is necessary. By entering this competition, you accept all these terms.
- To enter, send us details of your design with notes and sketches or models as set out in the entry form. One entry per category per person. Only original designs are eligible for entry and none of your designs may be copied (wholly or partly) from anyone else's work.
- All entries become the property of Lovehoney and you agree not to discuss any design you have entered in this competition with anyone else until 6 months after the closing date.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries lost or delayed. Illegible or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. The closing date for receipt of entries is 2 July 2014.
- There is one prize of £1,000 cash for the winning entry from each category. The Judge's Pick will receive an extra £2,000 on top of this. The winning entrants will be the applicants who have (in the judges' opinion) submitted the most original new designs for a sex toy. The winners will be notified within 28 days of the judging date and must acknowledge notification within 7 days of notification. Failure to acknowledge by this time will result in the prize being forfeited and a new winner being selected and notified as before.
- In addition, Lovehoney may contact you (whether or not you are the winner) to discuss manufacturing and selling your design. You agree to talk to us in good faith about helping us with this and not to talk to any other sex toy manufacturer or retailer in the meantime.
- The decision of the judges in relation to the winning design and the decision of Lovehoney in relation to all other matters is final and binding. Neither the judges nor Lovehoney will enter into any correspondence concerning any aspect of the competition.
- If you are the winner, you agree to publication of your name in association with this competition and to co-operate with reasonable publicity on behalf of Lovehoney.
- By entering this competition you do not become an employee, partner or contractor of Lovehoney.
- The promoter of this competition is Lovehoney Limited, 100 Locksbrook Road, Bath BA1 3EN, United Kingdom
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your design to Design A Sex Toy, you agree to these terms and conditions. It sounds really heavy but here's the gist: You own what you write, but you give us permission to edit it and use it wherever we want, for as long as we want. Easy!
- Lovehoney Limited allows you to provide information to the Design A Sex Toy website in a number of forms including but not limited to opinions about products and comments on the opinions of others ("Content").
- You retain ownership of all intellectual property rights subsisting in the Content you submit to us. However, by submitting Content to the Design A Sex Toy Web site, you grant to Lovehoney Ltd a royalty-free world-wide non-exclusive licence for the duration of copyright to use your Content, or any part of your Content, in any way that Lovehoney Ltd decides on the Design A Sex Toy Web site, any other medium and for Lovehoney Ltd to permit others to do the same.
Rights of Lovehoney Limited
- Lovehoney Limited shall be entitled, at its absolute discretion, to publish, correct, refuse, or delete all or part of Content provided to it and make minor modifications to Content without changing its tone or meaning.
- Lovehoney Limited reserves the right to change, at its sole discretion, the content, design, services provided or any other aspect of the Design A Sex Toy Web site
- You assume full responsibility for any Content published on the Design A Sex Toy site which is published in substantially the same form as received by us.
- You hereby agree not to provide any Content which: may adversely affect the functionality of any computer software and/or hardware is untrue, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, offensive or malicious is in breach of any intellectual property rights of any third party if published by Lovehoney Limited would be illegal, unlawful, contrary to public morality or would be reasonably likely to cause loss or damage to Lovehoney Limited.
Lovehoney Ltd's Responsibilities
- Lovehoney Ltd is not responsible for verifying the accuracy or otherwise of any Content provided by you or by a third party.