• Question about condoms

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

As many may know, I am paraben and glycerin sensitive woman. In my case it means I get inbalance pH and as result in most cases infection follows.

I did not have any sex since I found this, as I been single for most of the time, or just in dating stage without getting to sex. But I am bit wondering for the future, if someone can recommend condoms, which would not cause me the inbalance? I know Durex or Pasante condoms are out of question for sure, as their lubes do contain glycerin and paraben.

I been checking and maybe some LH made condoms may be option, because LH lubes are glycerin and paraben free. I been looking at condoms like:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25369

or non LH like these with silicone-based lube on it http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2651

Anyone from those with similar situation can recommend something? Sorry if I sound bit weird, but half a year of constant infections, in the end on antibiotics because I was really messed up in my female parts means I am very very careful now what I use.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I have similar problems. I can really recommend a gel to use vaginally for your PH inbalance, if you don't already use anything. Its called Activ BV gel and is available on the shelf at Tesco. It saves having to get antibiotics. It works really well.

Condoms wise, I use Mates Skyns latex free and had no problems with them. I haven't used or even seen the ones you have quoted, may have a look at trying those myself, but the skyns work well for me.

Good luck in finding a solution x

Wildcherry [sign in to see picture]

We only use condoms but after using Durex and Passante (passante especially) i noticed id get a reaction so i started using Mates Skyn latex free like Purring.

As far as i know (youll have to double check on it) i think they are glycerin and paraben free or they will have a range that is. They are a little more expensive than Durex but i find it easier to bulk buy off a well known auction site.

You could also use the LH live chat and ask on there? Im sure someone will be able to help you find something :)

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I have similar problems. I can really recommend a gel to use vaginally for your PH inbalance, if you don't already use anything. Its called Activ BV gel and is available on the shelf at Tesco. It saves having to get antibiotics. It works really well.

Well, considering I ended up with bad streptococuss vaginal infection, I doubt any gel would help with it. As I never had it before, our best guess was me constantly being inbalanced pH, because of lubes, opened me up all sort of infections. I saw my doctor of course before I took antibiotics, they took samples and after that they decided to put me on antibiotics followed up with pH balancing cure.

Actually since I started to watch myself, I only had trush once and that went away after short regular treatment immediately. So I know I am fine now and I dont need to use anything just for the sake of preventing it. This being 3 years ago, I can say, that I am fine now. as long as I am careful of what I use. And avoid anything containing glycerin and parabens. Especially anything designed to go into vagina.

I would have to ask on LH chat about Mates Skyn because I cannot figure what sort of lube it is. I listed the LH ones as I know they make lubes glycerin and parabens free and the other has silicone lube on it, which will also be fine.

Thanks for the tips

PurringTiger [sign in to see picture]

I've just looked at the packaging and leaflet for Mates Skyn condoms, the only info is about the non latex Polyisoprene that they are made from.

Quickly had a look at their webiste and I can find no info there about the type of lubricant used either but there is a page where can ask them questions on their website (easy enough to find if you google them).

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.