• BB Ostrich Feather Tickler help please

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

So last week a bought a BB ostrich feather tickler, it arrived damaged so i contacted LH and they sent out a new one straight away. Thanks LH, great service as usual.

It arrived today, unfortunately they had packed it in a small box and so had bent the top over to fit it in the box. So this one too is damaged.

I'm so annoyed, why would you pack a delicate item in a box too small.

Anyway so im wondering whether to get another one sent with potentially the same thing happening or just get a refund and maybe order in the future when i get a whip or something in a big box.

What would you do?

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

I would explicitily explain what the issue is, and just ask if there is any way it could be sent out in a slightly bigger box to avoid bending it. I suspect that the boxes are mid size - so their next size up box they do is probably too big just to send out the feather in. If they can't send it out in bigger packaging to avoid bending, then perhaps take the refund and wait for when you place a bigger order.

That's a shame :(

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

I would contact them and tell them the reason it's been damaged is because the packaging has been too small, and maybe they'll make a note of it and stop it from happening to anyone else too. It'll certainly save them some money! If it happens again, give up haha!

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

off all my ticklers I found this one to be the most delicate and it has not lived up to the test of time. It is not a bad tickler but it is far from the best I own sadly it has taken a few months of use to figure that out.

If you like it then contact lovehoney and ask them to send it again in a bigger box, if your not fussed get the refund

Lovehoney - Cazz [sign in to see picture]

Hi delilahxx

I have passed this on to customer care so they are aware for future feedback on packaging such items. Please contact them and we can arrange for the item to be re-sent to you, third time lucky in a correct sized box to ensure no damage to the feather this time.

Many Thanks

Thanks everyone

I spoke to David from customer care and he asked me to send photos of the box and feather which I did. He then apologised for it being poorly packaged and said another one would be sent out today and he would pack it himself to make sure the box was big enough.

So hopefully this one will arrive undamaged. I wonder what size box it will be lol

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

Fingers crossed!
    I used to work in Tesco customer service at the call centre and we used to get that kind of thing all the time. It's insane!

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

When I received my FSOG feather tickler, the feathers were bent over to allow it to fit in the box. I specifically remember reading, on the box i think, that this was how they were packed and that once removed from the box, the feathers would return to their usual shape over time. This was true for my tickler. It took a while (couple of days, maybe a week or so) but they eventually all went straight.

I advise cutting up a pair of old tights or something and sliding the nylon over the stocking and leaving it like that after each play session. This helps "train" the feathers.

Of course, if they are bent so much that they are broken or snapped, thats different. You cant fix that.

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

I bought this one
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18420
    And the actual box the manufacture packed it in was so small that it was bent over and the shafts of the feathers damaged. When I tried to straighten it the feather started falling out.

blonde vixen13 wrote:

I bought this one
    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18420
    And the actual box the manufacture packed it in was so small that it was bent over and the shafts of the feathers damaged. When I tried to straighten it the feather started falling out.

Yeah, on mine the feathers did not fall out. Clearly the packaging is ruining the product. :(

My new feather tickler arrived today, in a massive box and lots of paper to protect it, and it arrived in perfect condition.

Thanks LH for amazing customer service once again :)

You are very welcome delilahxx - Enjoy!

Thank you for using customer care and bringing this issue to our attention.

Have a ticklesome day x

BrumGuy [sign in to see picture]

I bought a proper cleaners ostrich feather duster many years back and keep it in a kitchen roll tube untill it's needed ;)

Mind you you do feel abit like a magician when you pull it out.

Enjoy. x

BrumGuy wrote:

I bought a proper cleaners ostrich feather duster many years back and keep it in a kitchen roll tube untill it's needed ;)

Enjoy. x

Brilliant idea! Much better than mine lol. Might try this one in future.

I keep all my ticklers/feathers in a vase :)

so they keep stood upright and not bent or damaged

BrumGuy wrote:

Enjoy. x

This is a great idea, after a quick google search I think I will definitely be buying one soon. Thanks :)

BrumGuy [sign in to see picture]

I do the same with my Horse Tail flogger, so that it dosn't get tangled or kinked.

Now theres a combination the sting of the horse tail across the shoulders, the cheeks, the breasts, stomach and between the legs. folowed by the feathers!!!

Enjoy. x

Sorry to bring this old thread back up but today I received the new BB feather tickler folded into a box half the size of the feather.... it's not snapped but it is on a proper wonk and looks limp, I am so dissapointed to have spent £13 on this item....

Hi Puddleduck

please contact customer care they will be more than happy to help you.

Lovehoney - Cazz x

Thank you Cazz xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.