• Wooden dildos, anyone?

frockcat [sign in to see picture]

I've been thinking about getting myself a wooden dildo of some kind, but I really don't know which one. Or rather, there are a few to choose from and some are very expensive, while others are more affordable.

Does anyone have any experience in using them? Tips, suggestions, reviews?

My main reason for getting one is to have a travel companion that would match the Njoy Pure Wand, basically. I do have the Lelo Ella, which is a nice and portable g-spot toy, but somehow the idea of hard wood (haha, pun intended) really attracts me.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

So far I've only found one safe wooden dildo company and that's nobessense. Here's one of theirs:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14639

I've tried many other companies and the coatings just come off after one use.

Some companies also use nut oil for coating and other chemicals which aren't waterproof.

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

I'm not so sure of wood. I'd just have the constant worry of splinters!

ShannonMarlene wrote:

I'm not so sure of wood. I'd just have the constant worry of splinters!

This has happened to me when using wooden toys from two UK companies, I wasn't very happy about it.

If you search my blog for wooden toys you'll find a video showing the wear of the coating.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

So far I've only found one safe wooden dildo company and that's nobessense. Here's one of theirs:

Some companies also use nut oil for coating and other chemicals which aren't waterproof.

Pity LH does not stock more of their toys then. Did you try their toys? Did the coating get off after a time, or does it stay intact after many uses?

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Yes, I did see that one, but it's for p-spotting...

I found someone making and selling them on Etsy and their products looked ok to me. But I suppose you never really know until you've tried.

I did go to your website and saw the video and that was a bit of a negative surprise. :(

So maybe I should just stick with my Ella and invest in a portable vibe instead...?

Laveila wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Pity LH does not stock more of their toys then. Did you try their toys? Did the coating get off after a time, or does it stay intact after many uses?

I know the very reputable Epiphora loves her NobEssence dildo, so they do seem to know what they're doing. But it appears to be a tricky material to work with. Pity, since it's so beautiful and that is part of what appeals to me in a toy.

Laveila wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Hey, yep I own one and it's lasted over a yeah =) The coating is still very strong.

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

Think I'll stick to glass!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

ok, thanks both. Maybe I will try one, as it is beautiful material. I guess if you want to try it, you need to go for the really well made toys or you run into problems.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/the-nymphomaniac/: I do remember your video. it looked really scary

Khaleesi [sign in to see picture]

ShannonMarlene wrote:

Think I'll stick to glass!

Same! Splinters ouch!

myghost [sign in to see picture]

i've never really considered wood as a sex toy material i'd worry during vigorous play the lacqure or varnish coating would flake off and you'd get splinters inside you oh the joy of trying to explain to the nurse in A&E how you got splinters of wood stuck up your vagina or bum hole

sleepycelia [sign in to see picture]

I can't help but I want a NobEssence dildo so bad! The dildos I found through an Etsy search have good reviews so far too but I like the shapes of the NobEssence ones better, they're gorgeous. They're meant to be really lightweight as well but obviously still rigid and I'm interested in how that would feel.

That's horrifying about the toys Ness tested as well, ugh :(

Holly Love [sign in to see picture]

What kind of finish/coating is used on wooden dildos?

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

I like the thought of these because some of them look so pretty but I'm afraid I can't get the idea of splinters out of my head.

Holly Love wrote:

What kind of finish/coating is used on wooden dildos?

NobEssence uses something called 'Lubrosity coating', which is not further specified on their website, but does have a TM and meets certain (American) medical standards.

Aphrodite2011 [sign in to see picture]

Hey Frockcat. You may want to consider glass as an alternative and provides wonderful G-spot stimulation . Nothing like as heavy as a metal dildo and feels GREAT when chilled. If you keep the protective packaging it comes in it will travel very well including overseas. I must admit i don't fancy the idea of using wood.

Horny Glass Lover [sign in to see picture]

Aparently mahogany is the wood to look for... much lower rate of splintering etc... would love to know more

matyhaty [sign in to see picture]

Any hard wood, surely....

Kasey [sign in to see picture]

I've heard great stuff about nobessence, but I would be loath to try a cheaper version.
    Looks like I'll be saving up.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.