• Vibrator sensitivity

sarah_d [sign in to see picture]

I'm kind of new to the whole sex toys thing, and I bought the USB flash drive rechargeable clitoral vibrator a few months ago. Unfortunately though, it's often painful/ uncomfortable to use, even on the least powerful setting. Even if it's barely touching my clit, it can still feel uncomfortable. I also feel a bit desensitised after using it. Can anyone recommend a less powerful, discreet, and very quite (I live with other people) vibrator? I feel bad about having to return the old one, but it's not really doing anything for me. Or am I doing something wrong? Am I just really sensitive?

Cornish89 [sign in to see picture]

Hello and welcome sarah!
    Do you use lube when you use the vibrator? I quite often find that if I haven't put some lube on my clitoris using a vibrator on it can be almost painful! X

myghost [sign in to see picture]

have you tried using lube with your vibrator being dry on your sensitive areas can make things uncomfortable.

should you wish to try another vibe http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14878 is the quietest most discreet one i've bought.

Holz105 [sign in to see picture]

The LH micro wand is a great little vibe if you're not after anything intense

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

If it is the power or sensation from the vibrations that are too much, try leaving your pants on and using them as a barrier between your clitoris and the vibrator (More layers, like a thin towel, if preferred) That should dull the vibrations to a more acceptable level. I also find closing my legs and applying the vibrator to my outer lips (Which are now together) gives a more subtle vibration to the clitoris. Lube is also good for removing any pinching or chafing.

I unfortunately do not know how powerful that vibe is, so unsure what to recommend that is less powerful. Some weaker vibrations I have tried include the swoon wand:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25366

Which provides a shallow, surface level tickle vibration at a few different speeds. I used to love that vibe when I first began my collection, it is too weak for me now, but back then I remember enjoying the softer, shallower vibrations. This would be my first choice to recommend to you

The G-Whizz also has a more shallow, gentle vibration:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=23015

And this toy will provide a less pin point type of stimulation, meaning the vibrations will be spread over more surface area rather than all focused into one (or two) pin point areas of the clitoris, because it might be that you find you prefer more diffuse stimulation, especially at first with legs closed or through underwear.

Hope this helps a little x

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Fluffbags wrote:

If it is the power or sensation from the vibrations that are too much, try leaving your pants on and using them as a barrier between your clitoris and the vibrator (More layers, like a thin towel, if preferred) That should dull the vibrations to a more acceptable level. I also find closing my legs and applying the vibrator to my outer lips (Which are now together) gives a more subtle vibration to the clitoris. Lube is also good for removing any pinching or chafing.

+1, certainly try keeping your pants on, I had to do this when I first got my wand, as never had anything so powerfull, even on the lowest setting!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

It would help to see what toy it is exactly. Personally I would look for either a toy with good variety of settings, which would include very mild vibrations. If you are after rechargeable toy, some Lelo toys would fit this well, like th Mia. Or Siri. They give wide variaty of strenght starting from barely noticable.

Or you can go and check reviews on toys which are rated as too weak. It means that people who have preferences for stronger vibrations found that the toys do not fit their needs. Sometimes also reviewers mention if they prefer stronger or weaker vibrations, which could also give hint when picking a new toy.

I do second using lube. I find that vibrators can someones bit remove the natural wetness from the clitoral area, which can cause then painful friction. One trick is either to put your wetness on your clit, which I do if I am really wet, to save myself fidling with the bottle. If you are not really wet, then yes do use lube. I prefer slightly thicker lubes.

Keeping panties on is another trick, or I do use the close my legs and stimulate myself over the outer lips too with some toys, like Tango, which I find can just be too much for me for direct stimulation.

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Reads other posts.... Experiment with keeping your pants on by all means, but that's hardly a satisfactory long-term solution.

I have a couple of Swoon vibes. They re-did the line about the time the brand went onto the high street though, so I'm not certain how mine compare to what's available now. But the Release and Cross My Palm massager are two of my very favourites. Could be worth trying the new versions.

My LH usb rechargable (the wee black thing) stopped working and won't recharge and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet, so I can't compare that. Is that the one you're talking about? Most of my favs have been discontinued, but I'll have a look to see what's still in stock.

Watch for DotD and discontinued sales where reviewers complain that it's too weak. Those of us who are more sensitive can pick up some real bargins (which is why most of my favourites aren't in stock ). Pay attention to battery size and number to see if you have any preferences. (I'm leaning towards single AAs these days.) If you find a battery vibe you really like that's too strong, use older batteries in it. Rechargeables with a range of speeds are good too. Have you experimented with the side of the one you have instead of the tip? On some vibes that can feel quite different. It might not make a toy worth keeping, but might help you learn more about what you do like. What are you using for lube? That can make a huge difference.

Awhile back I lost some of my sensitivity and needed stronger vibes. Ended up taking a rather long break because of health problems and it came back. I really treasure that now, so I'm careful not to overdo. I focus on building up slowly, with a fair bit of stopping and starting, switching to fingers, between clit and internal, and so on. Being on the sensitive side has a lot of pluses, so IMO it's well worth the effort to explore different toys and your particular preferences.

I took a look through the sale items and I think the Bionic Bullet might be worth a try. Half price just now. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22188

Kinky&Curvy [sign in to see picture]

I used to be very sensative, you don't necessarily have to place the toy exactly on your clit, maybe just around it. I found doing that after a while I got used to the sensations but maybe try this...http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22192. I love this toy, the bigger surface area should stop the 'painfullness' from pinpoint stimulation but it still gets all the right areas. It cute (obvs :P), it has a twist base for vibrations so it can be as strong or limited as you want and I also find it very quiet xx

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

Like others have mentioned, it could just be the drag of the silicone - so make sure you use lube. If it is the power that's too much then I'd suggest this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25367 it was one of my first vibrators and still going strong. It has 3 speeds but its not as powerful as the flash. (I think)

There's also this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25883 which I found wasn't powerful enough for me. It's also plastic so won't create that dragging sensation and will be smoother to use.

dotdashdot [sign in to see picture]

I find bullet vibrators too intense a lot of the time as I'm very sensitive down there. I just thought every woman would like vibrators so I had quite a shock when I used a bullet for the first time and though it was uncomfortable and I felt very numb after using it.

I find rabbits much better, their ears give more of a tickling sensation that isn't so intense and it's really good. They tend to be quieter than bullets too.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19164

This one is such a good deal , get it quick! xx

sarah_d [sign in to see picture]

I've tried using plenty of lube, and putting a towel between the vibrator and my clit, but neither of those tricks have worked. I think I probably do need a weaker one? Can anyone recommend one that is super quiet?

pr4wnst4r [sign in to see picture]

When I had my first rabbit I found I couldn't hold put the ears on my clit as I couldn't take it and it was quite painful, I then put the ears on either side of my clit and that solved the problem, maybe you could try the rabbit version of the Lovehoney USB vibrator as it won't seem as intense?

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

Well, one of the weakest vibrators I have had is: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29026

It is also relatively quiet, so you might like it.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.