• Lovehoney mains powered delux magic wand - opinions required

Citygirl2810 [sign in to see picture]

Interested in hearing if anyone has tried to use this or similar for muscle pain. I have terrible sciatica and deep tissue massage is supposed to help, as the hitachi wand that these were based on were initially used for medical purposes I thought this might work in the same manner?

obviously I also intend to use it for its main purpose :-)

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

It really is good for an actual massage too. My oh likes it on her feet. It's only vibrations though, not a substitute for an osteopath

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

I use mine on my OHs back and he wakes up the next day feeling so much better.
    It's become its main purpose.

Thanks guys - I figure if I use it for both I will definately wake up feeling much better :-) also if everyone (kids) think it is a medical massager they won't be suspicious re strange noises coming from the bedroom :-). Having sex with teenagers around is a nightmare

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

I've got that issue and having used it as a massager my 12yr old now doesn't ask questions.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

We use it for shoulder and back massages sometimes too - you must buy one - it is AMAZING!!! lol xxx

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

If your have sciatia that means you have inflammation or irritation of your Sciatic nerve. Massage won't help this, spinal manipulation from physio, lumbar decompression from surrey or the use of analgesia designed to target neuropathic pain is required. So you should speak to a doctor .

However as a massager the wand is very useful!

blonde vixen13 wrote:

If your have sciatia that means you have inflammation or irritation of your Sciatic nerve. Massage won't help this, spinal manipulation from physio, lumbar decompression from surrey or the use of analgesia designed to target neuropathic pain is required. So you should speak to a doctor .

However as a massager the wand is very useful!

speaking to docs by the million - have been in constant acute pain since feb. Now waiting for appt with neurosurgeon to agree surgery required

basically my discs are crumbling - already had some replaced /fused and the ones above are now going. Anything to give some relief :-)

some nights even the morphine doesn't work :-(

You poor thing. Sound like you need a lamenectomy and discectomy. Spinal problems are no fun. Have you been referred for physio in the short term to see if they can help with postural positioning. Are you on pregablin to help with the neuropathic pain?

Gabapentin 3600 a day, diclofenac, meptid, imipramine and oramorph and diazepam. Basically I'm a walking pharmacy, trouble is I have to decide daily whether to take the full doses and manage the pain or attempt to have a life and reduce the dosage as I'm totally spaced at full does

last time I had the full inter body fusion with metalwork etc. no idea this time as the disc hasn't completely gone yet

Physio referrer red me back to orthopaedic surgeon as she knew she was making things worse. She basically said operate and she'll treat me post surgery. Pain clinic have said the same. Orthopaedic surgeon now off ill hence what waiting for referral to neurosurgeon. Very frustrating. Thank heavens for LH!!!

My advise..... Start making visits to a&zero saying you can't cope with symptoms. They will get uncall neurosurgeon to see you. If beds are available they might take you on for operation. But at the least it will make you bistable to neurosurgical team and hopefully get up the list quicker

Thanks hon, ironically I'm private and it's still taken this long! My gp wants to also put me on antidepressants but I am resisting that. The fellow mums are rallying round to keep my spirits up. Being in pain for a long time is very emotionally draining but great for loosing weight :-)

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

You might find this review helpful: http://www.midnightboudoir.org/2011/11/lovehoney-mains-powered-deluxe-magic.html?zx=c694f73462f69244

That's shocking that it's taking so long if your private! Keep phoning. The louder you shout the sooner you will be herd. 10 years working as a nurse and I can tell you that's how it works in the NHS. All the poor wee granny's who are too scared to speak up get walked over etc and ignored, but the patients who have the guys to speak up get seem and treated a lot faster

uxo [sign in to see picture]

What an interesting topic! I thought the people at Hitachi were just really dirty and invented a plug in sex toy - didn't know it was for medical purposes!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Citygirl2810 wrote:

Interested in hearing if anyone has tried to use this or similar for muscle pain. I have terrible sciatica and deep tissue massage is supposed to help, as the hitachi wand that these were based on were initially used for medical purposes I thought this might work in the same manner?

obviously I also intend to use it for its main purpose :-)

Hi Citygirl2810

I use my magic wand for shoulder and back massages all the time and find it really helps with easing knots! I have a pretty bad shoulder injury which is still healing so I get a lot of pent up pain and find that the wand is great!

Having said all of this, if you want something which is a little closer to the Hitachi and have a little bit more to spend, you might like to consider the Doxy Wand. I will be investing in the near future for my back.

The reason I say this is because the motor is located in the head (which is also made of aluminium) unlike the LH wand where the motor is in the handle. This makes for a deeper, more focused, powerful vibration. Also, the head is coated in squishy silicone which I love!

Saying all of that though, my LH wand is amazing and really does help. Even if / when I do buy the Doxy, I will keep my LH wand as it's still so great in it's own right! Plus you can still buy smooth silicone toppers for it if you fancy a softer touch :)

chunkyg [sign in to see picture]

My wife teaches massage and when I used this on her shoulders a few weeks ago (for some variation) she thought it was lovely and as good as an average body massage provided the strokes are done correctly.

sexysarah86 [sign in to see picture]

I had a really sore shoulder and this really really eased the pain- its has more than one purpose and is amazing!x

thanks everyone - i bought the lh wand and am looking forward to its arrival :-)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.