• Vixen and Tantus dildos?

    1378670643
    IndieGal [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 5
    • Joined: 26 Jun 2013

    Hi everyone, i've been looking into purchasing a new dildo and a while ago i came across these two brands, vixen creations and tantus. i researched them a little and found many excelant reviews but felt a little uncomfortable buying something from over seas, especially with all the horror stories floating around. yesterday i was looking through LH's selection of dildos and found that they are stocked here now too! im really happy about this but i just want to know if anyone has tried either of these brands and what they thought.

    Any suggestions as to which i should by would also be very helpful, thanks. :)

    1378678619
    PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 20 Feb 2012

    Hi :) I only have one Tantus dildo and its the Vamp, which Lovehoney no longer stock unfortunately. However, I find its made out of an extremely good quality silicone, doesn't have a strong smell to it, is soft and looks like it will last me absolute ages. I'm thinking of getting this soon http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22540 and I'm sure it will be just as amazing. I think anything by Tantus is bound to be great tbh. I've heard good things about Vixen too but their dildos are slightly more expensive than Tantus and I think they're just not as pretty :P

    1379413852
    SourAppleMartini [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 28 May 2013

    Get a Vixen one. I had the same dilemma a few month ago and got myself Tantus back then, mainly because it is quite a lot cheaper. It's a good quality brand, but the doubly-density toy I got was not nearly as soft as I hoped, which left me a little unsatisfied. So I have ordered my first Vixen toy a few days ago. I heavn't recieved it yet, but I've read tons of reviews that say that Vixen is so much better than Tantus and is worth the price difference.

    1379428110
    Khaleesi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 405
    • Joined: 1 Jun 2012

    I own a couple from the Tantus range and they are fantastic! I’ve got the small, medium and large Silk Silicone Dildo and the P-Spot Silicone Anal Dildo. So as you can probably tell I’m a bit of a fan! The only complaint I have about them is that like any silicone toy, they collect dust easily, but that’s quickly resolved by popping them into a storage bag. The one recommended by PinkPolkaDot looks really good!

    If you’re looking for a more realistic one then Vixen do have a wider selection to choose from than Tantus so it depends what you’re after really. This one looks pretty good http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11072 but Vixen is more expensive.

    Lovehoney also stock their own branded ones which are cheaper and have great reviews! If the Vixen ones are out of your price range then check them out: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22815

    Hope this helps! And let us know what you pick! :) Xx

    1379518170
    Abanthis [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 16
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2011

    The Lovehoney branded ones are the sae shapes, sure, but the appeal of Vixen and Tantus is the high-quality silicone they use, and the cheaper own-brand versions are made of rubber, which is less body-safe and definitely porus, therefore unsharable. I love my Tantus toys and am saving up for Vixskin!

    1379647419
    SourAppleMartini [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 28 May 2013

    I have finally received my Vixskin Goodfella last night. Best dildo ever, It is so worth the price! It is as close to a real penis as it can possibly get. To all of you who say Tantus is just as good: it is not! Vixskin is much, much softer and squishier than Tantus O2. Don't get me wrong, I still love Tantus. They make brilliant toys, especially the ones designed for anal play. However their dual density line is a complete flop, at least when you compare it with Vixskin. My Tantus Mark is going directly to the bin.

    If you want a realistic toy - go for Vixskin. There is a reason why most of them are already out of stock despite high price. They are really that good.

    1379669213
    kittencub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1573
    • Joined: 11 May 2013

    Right new dildo to save for.

    1379682119
    PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 20 Feb 2012

    I bought the Tantus Cush dildo and I couldn't resist so I bought the Flurry too http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22873 . I haven't used either yet but I like the look and feel of the Flurry better so far, without having put them to a proper test first. I have a feeling I'm going to be very happy with both of them though.

    I guess the difference between Tantus and Vixen is that Tantus make good, pretty toys. You guys can say what you want, but Vixen toys are ugly. Yes, they're extremely realistic-looking so if that's what you're looking for you're probably going to love them. But I like toys that feel good but look good too so I'd rather go for Tantus.

    1379687997
    SourAppleMartini [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 28 May 2013

    I agree that Tantus toys are gorgeous. But how can you say that Tantus is better without ever trying Vixskin? Don't you think you have to at least try both first? IndieGal was asking which one of two is better. It means that she does not find Vixskin toys ugly like you do.

    It is not about looking or not looking real, it feels real when in use. Unlike most of the other toys Vixskin does not poke your cervix when you thrust with it. It warms up to your body temperature insantly. And yes, I have used Tantus as well, so I know what I am talking about. My point is, even if you are happy with your Tantus purchases you can't honestly say that they are better than Vixskin using 'they are ugly' as your only argument.

    1379688659
    PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 20 Feb 2012

    SourAppleMartini wrote:

    I agree that Tantus toys are gorgeous. But how can you say that Tantus is better without ever trying Vixskin? Don't you think you have to at least try both first? IndieGal was asking which one of two is better. It means that she does not find Vixskin toys ugly like you do.

    It is not about looking or not looking real, it feels real when in use. Unlike most of the other toys Vixskin does not poke your cervix when you thrust with it. It warms up to your body temperature insantly. And yes, I have used Tantus as well, so I know what I am talking about. My point is, even if you are happy with your Tantus purchases you can't honestly say that they are better than Vixskin using 'they are ugly' as your only argument.

    I never said Tantus is better than Vixen. I was giving my opinion based on the information I have. I also never said you didn't know what you were talking about.

    1379690036
    SourAppleMartini [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 28 May 2013

    PinkPolkaDot wrote:

    SourAppleMartini wrote:

    I agree that Tantus toys are gorgeous. But how can you say that Tantus is better without ever trying Vixskin? Don't you think you have to at least try both first? IndieGal was asking which one of two is better. It means that she does not find Vixskin toys ugly like you do.

    It is not about looking or not looking real, it feels real when in use. Unlike most of the other toys Vixskin does not poke your cervix when you thrust with it. It warms up to your body temperature insantly. And yes, I have used Tantus as well, so I know what I am talking about. My point is, even if you are happy with your Tantus purchases you can't honestly say that they are better than Vixskin using 'they are ugly' as your only argument.

    I never said Tantus is better than Vixen. I was giving my opinion based on the information I have. I also never said you didn't know what you were talking about.

    I am sorry if it sounded like I blame you for misinformation, it was not my intention. I am just really happy that Lovehoney started to stock Vixskin(delivery from US is bloody expensive) and I don't want to see that people deterred from buying those toys because of their high price. Once again, I am sorry if I was too pushy in my explainations.

    1379690137
    Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 482
    • Joined: 30 May 2012

    SourAppleMartini wrote:

    I agree that Tantus toys are gorgeous. But how can you say that Tantus is better without ever trying Vixskin? Don't you think you have to at least try both first? IndieGal was asking which one of two is better. It means that she does not find Vixskin toys ugly like you do.

    It is not about looking or not looking real, it feels real when in use. Unlike most of the other toys Vixskin does not poke your cervix when you thrust with it. It warms up to your body temperature insantly. And yes, I have used Tantus as well, so I know what I am talking about. My point is, even if you are happy with your Tantus purchases you can't honestly say that they are better than Vixskin using 'they are ugly' as your only argument.

    SourAppleMartini, could you please have a read of the forum rules?

    Particularly:

    "The Lovehoney Forum is a friendly place where you can be open and honest with like-minded people, have some fun and share advice and tips. The Lovehoney Forum is for genuine, non-judgemental sex-positive chat."

    ..and:

    "1. No personal attacks or inflammatory behaviour."

    All opinions are welcome at Lovehoney, please keep it friendly and respect the opinions and advice of others.

    Thanks,

    Nicole

    1379691035
    SourAppleMartini [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 28 May 2013

    Yep, I apologised already. And I used the report button by mistake, I hope you can see it from what I wrote there.

    1379692515
    PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 20 Feb 2012

    SourAppleMartini wrote:

    I am sorry if it sounded like I blame you for misinformation, it was not my intention. I am just really happy that Lovehoney started to stock Vixskin(delivery from US is bloody expensive) and I don't want to see that people deterred from buying those toys because of their high price. Once again, I am sorry if I was too pushy in my explainations.

    It wasn't my intention to put people off Vixen at all, all I said was that I was happy with Tantus. I never said anything about the information you gave, I do realise that I didn't compare the two but I thought the information I gave could be useful so I decided to share it with IndieGal. What she decides to go for is up to her.

    I appreciate that you probably didn't mean to come across as harsh :)

    1379693517
    SourAppleMartini [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 28 May 2013

    PinkPolkaDot wrote:

    SourAppleMartini wrote:

    I am sorry if it sounded like I blame you for misinformation, it was not my intention. I am just really happy that Lovehoney started to stock Vixskin(delivery from US is bloody expensive) and I don't want to see that people deterred from buying those toys because of their high price. Once again, I am sorry if I was too pushy in my explainations.

    It wasn't my intention to put people off Vixen at all, all I said was that I was happy with Tantus. I never said anything about the information you gave, I do realise that I didn't compare the two but I thought the information I gave could be useful so I decided to share it with IndieGal. What she decides to go for is up to her.

    I appreciate that you probably didn't mean to come across as harsh :)

    Thanks for understanding =) I tend to get a little too argumentantive sometimes ... let's just say it is not something I am proud of.

    1380475810
    Bluebells [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 137
    • Joined: 29 Sep 2013

    I've never bought a Vixen but I own and adore two Tantus products - my Feeldoe (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3852) and the Ripple butt plug (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2260).

    They're both excellently made, from really good silicone, with little smell, and last, and clean, very well. So it's kind of a brand I trust and to which I'm sure I'll return again.

    Neither of these are the kind of regular dildo you're talking about getting, to be fair, in terms of comparisons. But I tend to use the Feeldoe as a dildo when solo, even though it's mainly designed for use with a partner. And it's amazing!

    1380477494
    PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 20 Feb 2012

    I've now had the chance to use both the Cush http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22540 and the Flurry http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22873 and oh dear lord, best toys I've ever used. I was worried the Cush would be too big but it's not at all - in fact, I find it better than the flurry because the Flurry is very long. They're both so soft though, and considering how big they are there's no cervix bashing at all. I can almost orgasm using the Cush alone and that's NEVER happened before because I always need clitoral stimulation too.

    Compared to the Vamp they are both so much softer. With the Vamp I always found to be quite sore after use but I don't get anything like that with the Cush or the Flurry even though they aren't the smallest of toys. The harder inside makes them sturdy enough to stay upright but the softer outer layer is just gorgeous. And the base makes them so easy to use! I used to be a massive fan of glass but Tantus has definitely replaced both my glass dildos.

    1380479451
    Bluebells [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 137
    • Joined: 29 Sep 2013

    The softness sounds nice. They both look a little too realistic for my personal taste, but it's a very subjective business!

    1380482873
    PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 20 Feb 2012

    Bluebells wrote:

    The softness sounds nice. They both look a little too realistic for my personal taste, but it's a very subjective business!

    But they're blue and pink! They definitely don't look like real willies haha. Honestly, hands down, best dildos I have ever used.

    1380485632
    Bluebells [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 137
    • Joined: 29 Sep 2013

    Realism is relative! I don't really have any dildos quite like either of these, but maybe I'm missing out!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.