• DIY sex furniture

Belle_djour [sign in to see picture]

It took us a while but we finally made it.

One was an 'examination chair' complete with leg restraints, and made so that whoever sits in it has their ass hanging in mid air with both legs up and open. The other is a type of 'horse', where you lay face down, ass upwards, both legs strapped to it so that whoever is in the position is held in eternal doggie style.

We used Alcantara (expensive fake suede used for high end car seats) to cover it all with, and we have to say it has turned out WAYYYY beyond our expectations. We used some velcro straps from a diy shop that we cut and fixed to it, and using some more Alcantara with some foam we made the straps really comfortable.

This isn't BDSM stuff, we think we'd be laughed out of town by people who like proper BDSM, but for our 'play' bondage, this has really really worked well. Whoever is in there (and we take turns) cannot move, but isn't painfully held in; instead, the partner has complete and untroubled access and control, and it has been wonderful.

We have had to make concessions - a couple of pre-teenage boys with an overly acute curiosity means we had to make it foldable and flat-packable. We never thought we'd say this, but Ikea may actually have helped us!

We spent about 300 quid in total, which sounds a lot, unitl you start looking on line for anything. Really basic stuff (shaped cushions) cost at least half that, and are nowhere near as sophisticated. None of it was difficult to make or get, and in fact some was made from recylcled stuff. The Alcantara was pricey (got it off Ebay) but was really worth the money as it makes the feel of it much better. If you wanted to, fake leather would be cheaper and also easier to clean.

Anyway, we encourage anyone else with a bit of spirit to try!

Belles

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

That sounds amazing! Great job!

Bad Kitty uk [sign in to see picture]

Agreed. Sounds great. Not sure i could undertake a project that complex. I struggle following ikea's most simple instructions haha

if you dont mind me asking, how did you come across the examination chair. Ive always wanted one of them for a bit of bondage/role play? ;)

I think its safe to say you are now one of the best members to ask for DIY advice :)

Well, we designed and made both of them. The examination chair is based on a 'V' shaped tube frame with two bits of tube sticking up at the open ends, and then another bit welded on their to hang your legs over. It's really tricky to describe, but pretty simple to make. Then we used some plywood, some foam and fake leather stuff to make padded seats and leg rests

The don't allow photos here otherwise we'd post them, which is a shame, as it wouldn't be difficult to copy or come up with a similar thing

Belles

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Belle_djour wrote:

Well, we designed and made both of them. The examination chair is based on a 'V' shaped tube frame with two bits of tube sticking up at the open ends, and then another bit welded on their to hang your legs over. It's really tricky to describe, but pretty simple to make. Then we used some plywood, some foam and fake leather stuff to make padded seats and leg rests

The don't allow photos here otherwise we'd post them, which is a shame, as it wouldn't be difficult to copy or come up with a similar thing

Belles

You could always upload the images to your profile, here?

rubysoho [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Belle_djour wrote:

Belles

You could always upload the images to your profile, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/image-upload.cfm?

yes ! i want to see !! sounds amazing x

Ok, we've uploaded a couple of the examination chair, we'll put a couple more on plus ones of the 'horse'

Let us klnow if you can see them ok

Belles

A couple more on there now, we assume that they are waiting approval

Belles

Khaleesi [sign in to see picture]

That is awsome Belle_djour! I want one! Love the look of it from the pic's! Xx

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Belle_djour, have just had a look at your pics - Absolutely Brilliant! Put me in the queue after Khalessi - my Husband and I would love these. Great Job

Thanks, glad they are visible. The pictures are not really that helpful, as black things don't photograph well.

All the padded bits are contoured, so the various body parts fit nicely, comfortably and most importantly, firmly, but it doesn't show up on the pics. Was easy to do though, we got some of that dense foam used to pack around fridges or TV's (not expanded polystyrene, though that's not to say it wouldn't work) and then cut it into triangular section strips so that they could be stuck to the plywood to fit around the body shape for that particular bit. It was then covered with some foam rubber sheet, about 2 cm think, then the fake leather stuff went over the top of it.

Mr Belle got pretty good with the sewing machine making the fake leather and Alcantara covers, and it was surprising how that stuff stretches. Having said that, we can imagine that anyone who really knows their stuff with a sewing machine would really make a difference.

To make it so that we could pack it all away, it can be taken apart - if you look at the 'horse' there are some metal pins (stainless steel skewers!!) that have been used to hold it together, and then you pull them out and it all comes easily and really quickly apart. It all (both the horse and chair) fits into one smallish shelf at the top of a cupboard, and because it's so light it only takes a couple of minutes to unpack and assemble, and about the same to put away.

The velcro straps are incredibly strong, but because they are a couple of inches wide they don't chafe. Together with the contoured shapes, anyone in it isn't going anywhere.

Happy to give anyone who is interested the info, and we hope to have some friends of ours round soon to give it a real try out ;)

Belles

Bad Kitty uk [sign in to see picture]

Love the pictures! looks amazing. You should patent it and sell the design to LH ;)

bexiibooh [sign in to see picture]

electric tooth brushes are amazing,especially on the clit!

Oboy [sign in to see picture]

Amazing! Perfect. And I think I know what my next DIY project might be;)

The examination chair, an elctro stim kit, and some agreed ground rules with OH, and I think there's endless hours of fun or .....(add personal description)....to be had.

Kinkydink [sign in to see picture]

Belle_djour wrote:

Thanks, glad they are visible. The pictures are not really that helpful, as black things don't photograph well.

All the padded bits are contoured, so the various body parts fit nicely, comfortably and most importantly, firmly, but it doesn't show up on the pics. Was easy to do though, we got some of that dense foam used to pack around fridges or TV's (not expanded polystyrene, though that's not to say it wouldn't work) and then cut it into triangular section strips so that they could be stuck to the plywood to fit around the body shape for that particular bit. It was then covered with some foam rubber sheet, about 2 cm think, then the fake leather stuff went over the top of it.

Mr Belle got pretty good with the sewing machine making the fake leather and Alcantara covers, and it was surprising how that stuff stretches. Having said that, we can imagine that anyone who really knows their stuff with a sewing machine would really make a difference.

To make it so that we could pack it all away, it can be taken apart - if you look at the 'horse' there are some metal pins (stainless steel skewers!!) that have been used to hold it together, and then you pull them out and it all comes easily and really quickly apart. It all (both the horse and chair) fits into one smallish shelf at the top of a cupboard, and because it's so light it only takes a couple of minutes to unpack and assemble, and about the same to put away.

The velcro straps are incredibly strong, but because they are a couple of inches wide they don't chafe. Together with the contoured shapes, anyone in it isn't going anywhere.

Happy to give anyone who is interested the info, and we hope to have some friends of ours round soon to give it a real try out ;)

Belles

We're interested any chance of the frurther details, like where you bought the fake leather etc. Cheers

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

Lol sounds like a lot of hard work building that! We can just about manage a flat pack from ikea

chunkyg [sign in to see picture]

We have a couple of massage beds (my wife's work) and a fantastic purchase last year of a seated massage chair that has been used loads.......just not for the type of massage intended :-)

rubysoho [sign in to see picture]

looks so cool :)

Candied Citrus [sign in to see picture]

They look really awesome! It does sound like a lot of work but I like how creatively you approached making them; well done! :D

brockleyfox [sign in to see picture]

That looks great! The only sex furniture I have is an old apple mac G4, the one with the handles. It's great for that hung a suction cup dildo to nd riding it :)

http://my.kyozou.com/pictures/_14/13425/13424035.jpg

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.