• Silicon storage question.

kinkykitty [sign in to see picture]

Bit of an odd one, but is it safe to directly wrap silicon toys in bubble wrap for storage for a period of time?

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

Good question! Although I'm not sure either. It will be interesting to find out :)

boobaloo [sign in to see picture]

I am not sure but I think that NymphomaniacNess will know, I have tweeted her, if she has time (I know she is mega busy at the min) I am sure she will pop by

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I guess itdepends, I know some film-like materials have toxic chemicals which may rub off on to a toy.

I think it'd depend on the brand and what the material is made from.

I feel it should be ok, however I don't think there is a need to wrap a silicone toy in bubbly wrap, as it's pretty tough, and that food bags are enough =)

kinkykitty [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the replies, I would have thought that fabric is best (I always use flannels or cloth pouches), but as they need to be stored (moving house) safely and discretely for a while not having them bump around etc. was a consideration. 

Crazyflower [sign in to see picture]

i personally use wee cloth bags anyway for each different toy so one is not sticking to the other :)

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

kinkykitty wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I would have thought that fabric is best (I always use flannels or cloth pouches), but as they need to be stored (moving house) safely and discretely for a while not having them bump around etc. was a consideration. 

Well for moving, I still think the bubble wrap could be used for things like cermanic... although saying that, I always run out when moving!

You could bunch up paper and put between the bags maybe? =)

Seriously, silicone is pretty tough. Ever after stepping, jumping on, and dropping things onto many of my silicone toys, they have still stayed in good condition.

Only had a few ever break and those were AS toys....

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

I am getting that worried about new toys being ruined 

now apart from but plugs which I've finished buying, silicone or not  it's own satin clutch bag they look pretty and I can relax, too many toys have been ruined this year so upgrading the dildo to silicone and that's my storage sorted,all in a pink make up trolley.

Beedra [sign in to see picture]

You could always pop them in some socks! You could put bubble wrap around the socks if you wanted the extra security.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.