• Self-lubricating vibes from Cascade

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2013/07/12/cascade-lubricating-vibrators/

Still in awe about these self-lubing vibrators! What do you think?

[suspended user]

suspended user

I think they sound like a great idea. But would be a pain having to changed the cartridges. And maybe expensive too.

KittyStar [sign in to see picture]

Definitely a novel idea and I love the look of the cascade wave!
    But if i'm being picky it doesn't entirely eradicate the need for lube because you still need to refill with cartridges, plus I need lube for my other toys anyway :P

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

They sound great. I am wondering, how do you get the cartage? You can fill it with lube of your choice? Or you have to buy them filled in?

I am sorry, tried to skip through the description and cannot find this information there. I am also wondering about the lube as I have high sensitivity to glycerine and parabens, I cannot tolerate them at all in lubes, and I am currectly using mainly Sliquid or Lelo lube, which I know are safe for me.

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

I love the idea but as laveila said, for me it depends on what the lubes like.
    It would be nice to try but as they need to be refilled with cartridges its expensive so i think the novelty would wear off. If you could somehow refill it with your own lube it would be better in fact id love it if my toys could lube up by themselves :)

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

Hi Laveila,

Sorry if that wasn't clear. Each vibe comes with one cartridge, and you can buy a replacement pack separately, here.

At the moment we're running an offer where you get a pack of replacements free when you buy the vibrator - so you essentially get 4 cartridges with each purchase.

It's a water-based lube, and you can check out the ingredients here.

Hope that helps!

Cheeky Chica [sign in to see picture]

Like the idea of self lubricating and really like the look of them.

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

When I first saw these a while back I thought 'really? whatever next?!'

I think they are a great idea, but probably more so of a novelty factor really over practically. Yes a self lubricating toy sounds great initially, 'oh, i won't need to keep pausing mid-play to annoyingly apply more lube', but you're more than likely going to have to anyway when the cartridges run out. Which makes for more messing around whilst in the heat of the moment.

I'm especially more put off that you can only use Cascade lube cartridges as they might work out pricey in the long run, especially at just shy of £10 for 3 x 22ml cartridges. I do think it would have been much better for the market if they had a refillable cartridge you could put your own lube into, as the consistency, lasting time and ingredients of their own lubricant may not appeal / be suitable to people wanting to buy the toy. If they had said refillable cartridges then personally, I think more toys would be sold.

Lovehoney - Nicole wrote:

Hi Laveila,

Sorry if that wasn't clear. Each vibe comes with one cartridge, and you can buy a replacement pack separately, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28065.

At the moment we're running http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/2230/ where you get a pack of replacements free when you buy the vibrator - so you essentially get 4 cartridges with each purchase.

It's a water-based lube, and you can check out the ingredients http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28065.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, it did, this means that the toy is a big no for me:

Vegetable Based Glycerin

Its pity, as the toys look great, but as I would loose this feature I may skip. I wish they made it so you could put your own lube in it. Lot of women on this forum have some sensitivity to lubes and this can mean that some may love the idea, but will never be able to use it.

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

will be posting our review in the next day or 2 once we have given it a good test run, so far so good though :-)

[suspended user]

suspended user

I agree with that AA putting on lube is part of the foreplay.

Baby_Lu [sign in to see picture]

I was actually chosen to review this toy and i loved it. The lube function is awesome.

Lillybeth [sign in to see picture]

I like the theory behind these. However I would love to see the development of a product that you could use with your own choice of lube; something with a reservoir which you refill rather than a cartridge you change. I’m sure it could be developed and Cascade could market their own range of lubes to go with them.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I think your on to a winner there Lillybeth. :)

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

wonder if its possible to refil the lube pouches? might be messy but possible?

No idea, but I would not risk it. I think it would be hard to do so and it will also be very hard to actually clean it up. So I would not risk using something which may contain remains of lube with glycerine.

I think them making their own lube, but selling these empty, so you can put in any lube you want would be much better idea. I think it should be managable to design it. And it would reach wider audiance.

I like this idea mainly as sometimes I find out that I bit dry out with toys, especially if I struggle bit to get wet, usually due to stress levels. And being able to put in lube without having to remove the toy would be nice.

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

Sounds like a great idea. But there is only two reviews so far so I doubt I will be buying one anytime soon. At that price i would need alot of good reviews before I splash the cash. Being a mum to two kids I can't afford to waste that much money if it doesn't end of giving me the satisfaction I would expect x z

Dr Cascade [sign in to see picture]

Lollipop ;) wrote:

I think they sound like a great idea. But would be a pain having to changed the cartridges. And maybe expensive too.

Hi Lillipop.
    The easy to fit cartridges last for about 20 uses, can be removed and replaced when removing the sheat for cleaning the toy after use.

I believe only £9.99 for 3 cartridges with LH; -)

Laveila wrote:

They sound great. I am wondering, how do you get the cartage? You can fill it with lube of your choice? Or you have to buy them filled in?

I am sorry, tried to skip through the description and cannot find this information there. I am also wondering about the lube as I have high sensitivity to glycerine and parabens, I cannot tolerate them at all in lubes, and I am currectly using mainly Sliquid or Lelo lube, which I know are safe for me.

Hello Laveila.

This is a common question, our current lubricant is paraben free and expect to have a glycerin free lubricant by the end of 2013.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

truegrace wrote:

wonder if its possible to refil the lube pouches? might be messy but possible?

Hi Truce Grace

We consider pouches instead of cartridges, but yes they proved messy.

Watch this space for refill developments.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.