• Electric shock from wand

    1373491266
    Ms HKM [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 401
    • Joined: 25 May 2011

    So a couple of nights ago I got the shock of my life - from my lovehoney deluxe magic wand! I'd just unplugged it and was about to put it in my drawer when I got a sharp shock from the plug!

    Should I send it back? Eep

    1373491324

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2993
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    I would. It sounds faulty.

    1373492447
    Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 481
    • Joined: 30 May 2012

    Oh goodness! Sounds like it's faulty. Please contact customer care so they can sort you out a replacement.

    1373492527
    rubysoho [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1539
    • Joined: 6 Mar 2013

    ouch ! BUT - im being optimistic here .... at least it wasnt from the actual wand while it was on your bits n bobs .. THAT would have REALLY sucked butt :O

    1373492890

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2993
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    Lol! that's exactly what I was thinking ruby.

    1373493212
    bumblebee [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 574
    • Joined: 17 Sep 2008

    rubysoho wrote:

    ouch ! BUT - im being optimistic here .... at least it wasnt from the actual wand while it was on your bits n bobs .. THAT would have REALLY sucked butt :O

    that's what I thought when I saw the title, was a bit scared of clicking lol

    1373493870
    KebertXela [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 505
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2013

    unless theres a crap load of capacitors in the wand, static

    Still, better safe than sorry

    1373495574
    KittyStar [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 193
    • Joined: 10 May 2013

    theMightyBum wrote:

    A wand and electro torture device in one. Bargain!

    This is the first thing I thought too ha - there's me thinking yay for extra features!!! :P

    1373543180
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2136
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    I'm so sorry you've had this experience!!

    Your wand definitely shouldn't shock you!! Please do contact customer care and don't use your wand again until we have advised the best course of action to take. (eg: replacement)

    1373544675
    scarab9 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 220
    • Joined: 1 May 2012

    KebertXela wrote:

    unless theres a crap load of capacitors in the wand, static

    Still, better safe than sorry

    seconded! Not good but don't everyone start getting wand phobias!

    1373623372
    kittencub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1539
    • Joined: 11 May 2013

    I won't hope your getting a new one,fancy the lelo ones,

    1373625312
    Mr Socks [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 140
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    KebertXela wrote:

    unless theres a crap load of capacitors in the wand, static

    Still, better safe than sorry

    Agree with KebertXela. If you touched or brushed the pins of the mains plug, it'll be static electricity and aside from giving you a bit of a surprise, harmless.

    It will likely have happened to you at some point with your mobile phone charger, computer mains adapter, hair dryer, straightening irons…any number of electrical devices you own and just forgotten about it when you feel okay. I have found it tends to be more common with portable electricals as above — which would inc. your wand — things repeatedly plugged-in and un-plugged, then stired away.

    Further to that, if it's stored with/in plastic bags, wollens or synthetics with the plug's pins exposed…seems like a probable contributary factor to later static charges. Try storing with the plastic cover on the pins.

    1373625686
    Mr Socks [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 140
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    I meant woollens.

    1373643131
    Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2219
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2011

    I avoid touching the metal pins when I remove anything from a socket because, whether rightly or wrongly, I have this belief that there is still some "charge" left on them and it will shock me within the immediate time after removing it from the mains. lol....Am I just paranoid?

    Anyway, I hope your replacement works better. I have the Deluxe Wand too and never had a problem with it so far, in the 6/8 months I have had it.

    1373966980
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2136
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    Mr Socks wrote:

    KebertXela wrote:

    unless theres a crap load of capacitors in the wand, static

    Still, better safe than sorry

    Agree with KebertXela. If you touched or brushed the pins of the mains plug, it'll be static electricity and aside from giving you a bit of a surprise, harmless.

    It will likely have happened to you at some point with your mobile phone charger, computer mains adapter, hair dryer, straightening irons…any number of electrical devices you own and just forgotten about it when you feel okay. I have found it tends to be more common with portable electricals as above — which would inc. your wand — things repeatedly plugged-in and un-plugged, then stired away.

    Further to that, if it's stored with/in plastic bags, wollens or synthetics with the plug's pins exposed…seems like a probable contributary factor to later static charges. Try storing with the plastic cover on the pins.

    Well, without saying too much - we may just have some sneaky magic wand storage designs in the pipeline which should help to combat static build up on your plug pins..... but that's all I can say for now..... cheeky

    1373967196
    Banananananas! [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 127
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2011

    ever been really too nosey for your own good... thank god you were done, i had to know when it'd shocked you, Least it was only a sore hand!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.