• The Ultimate Toy Wall

    1372799040
    rubysoho [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1549
    • Joined: 6 Mar 2013

    repliquant wrote:

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    In regards to the shelving, sadly my collection is too big to do what you have. However my garage stores a lot of mine in boxes. Not handy, but does the job, kind of. :-/

    But doesn't that mean that most of these things go unused for very long periods of time if they are packed up for storing in a garage? Perhaps this could still be an option if you restricted the potential wall to the currently used set...

    bi- monthly rotations ..

    1372799295
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2314
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    repliquant wrote:

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    In regards to the shelving, sadly my collection is too big to do what you have. However my garage stores a lot of mine in boxes. Not handy, but does the job, kind of. :-/

    But doesn't that mean that most of these things go unused for very long periods of time if they are packed up for storing in a garage? Perhaps this could still be an option if you restricted the potential wall to the currently used set...

    I have areas for work toys. Toys I'm writing about, that area takes up a 1/4th of my living room. it's just baskets and boxes, but takes up a lot of space.

    Also many people don't have walls which they can put proper storage against :-/ I have a lot of storageheaters which are massive!

    But yes a lot of my toy collection doesn't get used, as I use it only for writing, and then the odd client. My favourite toys are very few and I keep them personal as I don't want to think about work when using them ;-)

    1372843639
    Kinkydink [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 85
    • Joined: 27 Mar 2009

    Mine are stored in suitcases, boxes, a mechanics tool box...this thread makes me think that I could do with a sort out and maybe buy some shelves :-D

    1372844353
    rubysoho [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1549
    • Joined: 6 Mar 2013

    this tread makes me think i dont have enough toys in comparison lol

    1372847350
    WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1217
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2011

    Mine are all stored in one of the gaint Lh boxes. Its falling apart due tothe weight of the toys and me trying to pull it out from under my bed haha.

    1372851241
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2857
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Mine are all stored in two chest of drawers. That is my whole collection as in toys, lube, bondage, fetish and extras.

    1373232226
    lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 368
    • Joined: 2 May 2010

    I'd LOVE to display my toys like this, but as a father of two pre teen girls and other half of a woman who doesn't yet now of my enjoyment of bum fun when I'm having some me-time, this isn't an option I can entertain.

    Nonethemess, I see some familiar friends and then also some other toys that look like they'd break me and send me home a shivering wreck!

    A great collection, and thanks to LH for popping the photo into the initial post.

    Nice one.

    p.s. Your circle of (real, local) friends intrigues me; I know pretty much all those here who (think they) know me would have a heart attack if confronted by such a collection let alone its display. I think it's the vanilla job, family father that would cause the disconnect, although the inner me has been looking forward to building such a collection since before the internet and even my (now endig) marriage...Timing.! My (much smaller) collection remains fun, but private.

    1373240031
    repliquant [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 488
    • Joined: 16 May 2013

    lookslikefun wrote:

    I'd LOVE to display my toys like this, but as a father of two pre teen girls and other half of a woman who doesn't yet now of my enjoyment of bum fun when I'm having some me-time, this isn't an option I can entertain.

    That is understandable. I do not have any constraints really. Still, I think that in certain families where from day zero humans respect their respective no-go private zones, including children, that kind of thing may work. It takes a lot of self-discipline to observe rules of engagement, but then again, the same thing applies to other aspects of life. Humans tend to slack off in everything when they get overfamiliar — then one thing leads to another, and everyone ends up being worse off, in the same old same old as everyone else.

    lookslikefun wrote:

    Nonethemess, I see some familiar friends and then also some other toys that look like they'd break me and send me home a shivering wreck!

    A great collection, and thanks to LH for popping the photo into the initial post.

    Nice one.

    Yes, some are too big for me, but I could say that about any toy at some point in time. Had I never bought a too large item, I would have stayed with the pencil sized silicone thingies from day one ;) I have so many toys for several reasons, and one of them is that I like to progress in small, tiny steps, preferably with 1-2 milimeter increments.

    I still remember the shock I experienced when i saw two pairs of similar toys arrive in the mail: Round (small and medium), and Sasha Grey (medium and large). From the vendor's point of view it makes sense to label them thus, but that absolutely doesn't mean that if one size is conquered, I'm immediately ready for the step up within the same line of toys. It took me ages to progress from Sasha medium to Sasha large. I often wished, too, that I had an intermediate ball plug halfway between Round small and medium. Only recently I got one, with a twist — the Night Bulb from Master Series. And then there are Bed Knob Buddies from TSX, where 'small' is 71 mm, 'medium' is 78, and 'large' is 83. How is that for labelling ;)

    Since there is such a variety of toys, I often use too large items because due to their build characteristics they allow me to practice in ways that are otherwise unavailable to me. This often results in me taking somewhat smaller things much more easily, and progress goes on. My widest non-Challenge toy that I can hope to take is the 110 mm Ram & Cram from Master Series. I'm not sure how exactly that diameter relates to the maximum usable gap between my pelvic bones, but I'm assuming it is still physically feasible to insert this XXL plug, for anyone of my height and build at least. It is useful to have such an absolute benchmark anyway, as the 'large' label can otherwise be affixed to just about anything. Can and does.

    I'm still far away from my physical limit, and over the last months I learned not to get discouraged if I cannot take something after repeated attempts. There are sooo many toys I now pop in with an Al Pacino poker face, toys which used to elude me for ages. I learned to be patient. Once I find my own maximum, one day, well then I will dispose of anything larger than that, as long as it doesn't have otherwise usable portions. So, it's good to have many toys, closely spaced diameter-wise, and it is useful to have too large items at hand as well ;)

    lookslikefun wrote:

    p.s. Your circle of (real, local) friends intrigues me; I know pretty much all those here who (think they) know me would have a heart attack if confronted by such a collection let alone its display. I think it's the vanilla job, family father that would cause the disconnect

    For me, it's not the quantity that matters at all. Either someone uses toys, or they don't. Binary variable, much like pregnancy :D Once they do use toys, it does not make a difference if there are two or seventeen, or a hundred. Why would it? There is another thread where forumers exchange views on what is 'kinky'. It's a fun read, but what works for just about all humans is this: 'unusual is what I'm not doing'. Humans need to remain in their mental comfort zones at all times, hence this tendency (similar to the tendency to gather in self-petting herds for safety).

    I have never had a vanilla job in my life, to use your own words. I've been fortunate in that, but it helps to recognize humans for what they are early on, and simply disassociate from all the simpleton chaff, even though it represents the vast majority of the total mass of bipedal carbon-based life forms. Someone once said that 'hell is other people', and absorbing that single piece of wisdom as a child really helps in developing automatic response and defense systems, which can be perfected later on, as exposure to the unwashed masses — otherwise known as 'the society' — increases. And that applies to every aspect of life, imo. Being direct at all times and mirroring/turning their own twisted personalities back at them is one of the best methods; I found when still a kid. So it is not me who squirms in squiggles ;)

    Now, well now I've been enjoying peace of mind for decades. Since you asked, real friends I don't have too many, very very few, but they know me in an out in every respect, and there is nothing that would alter or perturb our relations. Of looser friends there are more, but as I said, I'm not exposed to the 'normals in wifebeater shirts', nor does my environment overlap with the vaniilla pool, as you called it. I don't deal with anyone I don't like, either, so there is no issue. It helps to live/operate in an environment where everyone is to some degree eccentric, as that is the spice of life. I've got to get used to others munching on rotten sharks and sucking on salty black ammonia pee-candy, so it's only fair ;)

    And as for heart attack, you should have seen the reactions to my beauties, haha, a longer while ago now, many blue moons ago. After that, it's more of a 'what's next?' blasé response more than anything else ;) In short: I'm fine. I'm fully aware though that others do not have that luxury, and have to deal with the 21st century common man, as well as their own, society-conditioned fears and shames, instilled in them from early age by our lovely earthly cohabitants. So, what works for me is unlikely to work for many others.

    lookslikefun wrote:

    although the inner me has been looking forward to building such a collection since before the internet and even my (now endig) marriage...Timing.! My (much smaller) collection remains fun, but private.

    I don't have any advice, but I think living in harmony with oneself is worth some effort, particularly if you have just awarded the Most Favored Being Clause to a new organic life partner! With life being what it usually is, tiny steps to that end might work better than a mayoral-style unveiling of your own Wall in a single ribbon-cutting ceremony ;) But in the end, whatever works for you works for you.

    1373272562
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    Amazing wall but I have enough housework to do without dusting my dildo collection. Hope you have a very understanding cleaner

    1373289563
    nickt18 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 41
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2006

    That is one HELL of a wall, not sure if I like it or love it?!?!

    1373300492
    rubberdesires [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 67
    • Joined: 29 Jun 2011

    Im amazed, it looks simply stunning. I thought me and OH were doing well to fill a duffle bag but this puts us to shame? Is it only latex toys your into? I am obsessed with metal anal toys at the moment, and they are like works of art in themselves, would be perfect to have a small collection within one of the boxes :-)

    1373301179
    repliquant [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 488
    • Joined: 16 May 2013

    rubberdesires wrote:

    Im amazed, it looks simply stunning. I thought me and OH were doing well to fill a duffle bag but this puts us to shame? Is it only latex toys your into? I am obsessed with metal anal toys at the moment, and they are like works of art in themselves, would be perfect to have a small collection within one of the boxes :-)

    Apart from inflaplugs, there is no latex in my toys. Polyvinyl chloride all the way — thermoplastic fantastic ;) Err, plus borosilicate glass, I almost forgot. I love glass toys, but there are few to choose from in medium sizes (just 3, actually), and there is only one large toy — I have all of these by now. I also have only one silicone toy, but I don't use it anymore, just keep it only for decoration really, as I love the color.

    Metal wouldn't work for me now — it might have been of some use when I started out, but now it's too late. With a single exception of the monumental fist from Master Series (I'm not interested in that particular item), there aren't any metal toys in medium/large size, and anything smaller just wouldn't do for me, and I already have glass toys that small.

    Steel plugs would be simply too heavy to keep in at significant girths, so it's quite natural there are none on offer. A banger, a bulge tower, or a column are another matter, as these would not need to stay in — but again, there are none on offer. I looked for hollow aluminium toys as well, but haven't found anything of noticeable girth.

    1373301538
    rubberdesires [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 67
    • Joined: 29 Jun 2011

    fair point, we only use njoy stuff.

    Would http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14733 or http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12603 not be big enough?

    1373301903
    repliquant [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 488
    • Joined: 16 May 2013

    I don't think so. Converting the imperial circumferences to standard unit diameters, I get 52 & 44 mm. That's too small ;)

    1373315724
    lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 368
    • Joined: 2 May 2010

    Cool collection and thoughtful response to my quements, as ever.

    It's a great collection, and your approach to oversize then working up to another challenge is my own.

    Regarding those around me at my company, there are hundreds of people: suppliers and employess, contractors and bosses where I work, of all sorts of backgrounds and we're in decent sized city (Minuch) where Freddy Mercury lived for a few undisturbed years. The knowledge of my love of LH fun, knowing who I am and who I appear to be makes it all the more fun. Makes you wonder, is that secretary as sexy as she seems to be or more meek? is that bookish lad a younger me, having lovely LH fun in his spare time, the bullying Meister in the workshop actually a masochist?

    Law of averages says that this is all true, and a little part of me says that if I had a secret power, it would be cool to have that sixth sense about the real (and probably more fun and interesting) person behind the name, clothes and job title. Not to be able to get on the negative side of 'I know who you really are, and if you don't help me , I'm going to tell', instead the positive, 'I know who you really are. And let's cut this bullshit and do it together, talk about it, share experiences etc etc. starting now"

    Anyway, should my future move to a new place allow an adult play room, then I'll surely be looking to IKEA for my toy storage solutions!

    1373428842
    repliquant [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 488
    • Joined: 16 May 2013

    lookslikefun wrote:

    Regarding those around me at my company, there are hundreds of people: suppliers and employess, contractors and bosses where I work, of all sorts of backgrounds and we're in decent sized city (Minuch) where Freddy Mercury lived for a few undisturbed years. The knowledge of my love of LH fun, knowing who I am and who I appear to be makes it all the more fun. Makes you wonder, is that secretary as sexy as she seems to be or more meek? is that bookish lad a younger me, having lovely LH fun in his spare time, the bullying Meister in the workshop actually a masochist?

    Law of averages says that this is all true, and a little part of me says that if I had a secret power, it would be cool to have that sixth sense about the real (and probably more fun and interesting) person behind the name, clothes and job title. Not to be able to get on the negative side of 'I know who you really are, and if you don't help me , I'm going to tell', instead the positive, 'I know who you really are. And let's cut this bullshit and do it together, talk about it, share experiences etc etc. starting now"

    I think you might not like such virtual see-through-the-mind superglasses. Even before you managed to get down to the sexuality layer, you would see that people are much bigger shits than they appear to be! And that's saying a lot. You might end up much like John Coffey, the giant character from Stephen King's The Green Mile. It is an interesting concept, and may be tempting, but I think with humans being what they are, you'd commit yourself to hell on earth... Sexuality probably included. The things people cram into the deepest parts of their conscious are unbelievable. Have you ever been involuntarily exposed to a blurt out? I hope not. Some things, once heard, cannot be unheard. And then there is the subconscious, the matter of dreams and repressed tendencies. Getting into the mind of that secretary you mentioned might scar you for life ;)

    On a brighter note, I do think such an extra sense would be useful, though in my case that would be a very visual sense ;) Just plain, old-fashioned undress-her glasses, what every male wishes for at some point in life. I'd personally stay away from poking into minds — bodies are quite enough! :p

    1375971376
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1549
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

    THAT IS AWESOME!

    We're looking to stock more items from Mister B, so I reckon there could be more additions yet... ;-)

    p.s. I embedded the image for you because no link coppy and pastign should deter people from seeing it!

    The new Mister B stuff is now live! Keep Burning...

    1375974583
    envyadams_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 21 Apr 2013

    Wow! Now that is VERY impressive. So wish I could do that with my collection. It looks so gorgeous.

    1375989612
    Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 884
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2012

    I love this wall! I lived in a shared house...wonder if I could get away with it in my room...would make the landlords inspections interesting!!

    1375989798
    dirty_boy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 232
    • Joined: 1 Mar 2012

    That is epic, it truly is a work of art.

    I'm looking at my Ikea DVD's racks and cursing that they just contain DVD's!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.