• Trimming the ears on a happy rabbit?

loverNotaDancer [sign in to see picture]

Has anyone done this?

We've just bought a happy rabbit to replace an aging Jessica rabbit. Trouble is the ears are significantly longer on the happy rabbit and if they are in the spot the shaft is too far out for full effect. Just wondered if anyone has "customised" their rabbit ears?

Thanks!

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

I haven't as I have had no need. I personally wouldn't as you could have problems later on and I am not sure how the warranty works either.

Hopefully someone from Lovehoney will see this post and clear things up.

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

I have the G-Spot version of the Happy Rabbit and do find the ears a little long at times but just use less of the shaft if it's a problem.

As AA has pointed out if you do some DIY and alter the ears I'm not sure whether the returns policy would still apply. It's worth emailing Customer Services and asking them personally. Good luck x

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

How would you sand silicone smooth?

Horny Glass Lover [sign in to see picture]

I'm no design expert.... but won't it affect the strength of the vibrations too.

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Would it not be better just to return it and get a different one that would be more suitable for what you want, rather than attempt to modify and invalidate the year return guarantee? Just my thoughts...

bestest_girl [sign in to see picture]

loverNotaDancer - did you try trimming the ears in the end?

Has anyone else resorted to this?

I recently got my Happy Rabbit in the post (the realistic version). I absolutely love the shaft part but the ears are just too long with the toy inserted. I need the tips of the ears to be hitting my clit but they are completely bypassing it!

I bought the Happy Rabbit to replace my Oh Rabbit. I hate the shaft part on the Oh Rabbit. It is just too thick and the rotating beads don't do anything for me, other than causing pain (of the unpleasant variety). I love the ears though. I only use it for the ears these days and was thinking about returning it in light of my latest purchase, but now not sure what to do. I love everything about the Happy Rabbit other than the positioning of the ears - presumably surgery to them will affect the returns policy. Argggh!

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

we have just ordered a happy rabbit which will hopefully replace a realistic oh rabbit. the rotating beads dont do anything so hoping a vibrating shaft might. if the ears are too long though it may end up going back, although hate returning items :-(

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

Well, the ears of the happy rabbit don't do much for me - even if I try to position them right. So I would probably consider trimming them anyway - I have already passed the 1 year, so it wouldn't be a problem and they would not get in the way.

menyanthe wrote:

Well, the ears of the happy rabbit don't do much for me - even if I try to position them right. So I would probably consider trimming them anyway - I have already passed the 1 year, so it wouldn't be a problem and they would not get in the way.

Im hoping they do the job as thats the best bit of a rabbit :P

Hope those ears work for you truegrace :D

Seems to be six of one and half a dozen of the other on the reviews, regarding the ears. I am going to persevere with them but may give them the snip if no joy! They aren't as rigid as the ears on the realistic Oh Rabbit either...more kind of flat and floppy for some reason!

StHubbins [sign in to see picture]

We returned a Happy Rabbit because the ears didn't hit the spot. Likewise had the Oh Rabbit and didn't like the shaft.

There must be a market for an adjustable rabbit surely?

StHubbins [sign in to see picture]

Recently I bought this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28567

We haven't tried it yet because it's for my wife's birthday, but I'll review it after next weekend. From looking though, it appears to have very similar dimensions to the Oh Rabbit, but with a vibrating shaft rather than the rotating balls.

StHubbins wrote:

We returned a Happy Rabbit because the ears didn't hit the spot. Likewise had the Oh Rabbit and didn't like the shaft.

There must be a market for an adjustable rabbit surely?

Not filling me with confidence :P worth a go though, as have been debating a happy rabbit for months now.

Was also looking at the lelo ina 2 but just cant warrent £105 on a rabbit. Will see how we get on with the happy rabbit and hope for the best. If not will just stick with the Oh rabbit :P

Must have missed that one when I was choosing. Love the idea of the interchangeable "hats". Looks like the girth measurement is actually more similar to the Happy Rabbit (unless you are comparing it to the slimline Oh Rabbit). Will be interested to read your review :D

BDSM [sign in to see picture]

I used to have a rabbit style vibe that didn't have ears, and i loved it. When i got my first rabbit, the ears always annoyed me but i was always unsure if cutting them off would work. I still don't like the ears, I wish there was a reasonably price rabbit without ears

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

StHubbins wrote:

Recently I bought this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28567

We haven't tried it yet because it's for my wife's birthday, but I'll review it after next weekend. From looking though, it appears to have very similar dimensions to the Oh Rabbit, but with a vibrating shaft rather than the rotating balls.

Can I just say, I got sent this one to review:

OH MY GOD EVERYONE SHOULD BUY IT.

I love it, it comes out pretty much every play time.

Also, the hats rule :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.