• Anyone had a bad experience with a sex toy?

Newbie24 [sign in to see picture]

Just wondered if anyone has had any negative experiences?

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

Yeah, I found I had all kinds of problems getting the smaller bullets with the LR44 batteries to work even though they were always fine to start with,

I also didn't like the lady lustfinger to start with though I do now.

[suspended user]

suspended user

yes got them all taken out of my case by airport securitylolo

Syd [sign in to see picture]

I had a terrible experience. Sure at the beginning it was fine.

Then about 6 mnths in the cracks began to show.

We were drifting apart. We just seemed to want different things.

Then my worst fear came true. I found she was going on dating websites meeting strangers in hotel rooms.

I find it very hard to trust now.......

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Syd wrote:

Then my worst fear came true. I found she was going on dating websites meeting strangers in hotel rooms.

Not sure how this is a bad experience with sex toys!

Nothing I would qualify as "bad" but there are certainly some disappointing ones out there alright. But it just takes some time & exploration to find out what you like in a toy... once you know that, it's easier to choose ones that will work for you.

sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]

shellyboo wrote:

Syd wrote:

I think he was trying to be funny...

sub-kitten wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

Syd wrote:

Ah, ok! Silly internet and its lack of tone.

Syd [sign in to see picture]

shellyboo wrote:

sub-kitten wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

Syd wrote:

Ah, ok! Silly internet and its lack of tone.

It seemed funny at the time!

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

we *cough* lost a bullet, thankfully it didn't involve a trip to A&E.

But did teach us to be much more careful about choosing toys for anal play

xGGx

Kasumi [sign in to see picture]

Yes!

Lovehoney Jessica Rabbit 2.0 G-Spot Vibrator&reviewid=29117#customer_reviews

My first and last rabbit

Wild172 [sign in to see picture]

Literally earlier today got a refund on some anal beads as they snapped in half - while in the drawer!! Had coiled them up like someone else had suggested and open the drawer today to find them in half! Only been used the once as well. Great customer service from LH though. Not sure whether to put this fact up in a review? Don't want to possibly scare people away from an otherwise great product but if they would have snapped during use it would have been particularly embarrassing. Thoughts?

Absolutely put it in the review, Wild172! It's obviously a product fault, people should know that it can happen. As you say, it could be dangerous if it happens while they're in use!

[suspended user]

suspended user

my blow up doll was tame and seemingly uninterested until I gave her a love bite then she went wild and dangerous

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

I had a buttplug that was so rough and grippy in texture that inserting and removing it was a complete and literal pain in the ass. Had that one refunded.

buttpirate [sign in to see picture]

I got a jelly dildo that made the whole room stink with a weird, sweet, plastic smell. The more times I caught the scent of it, the more disgusting and sickly it became. The smell didn't wash off and didn't fade a single bit over time. It eventually found its way into the bin. A stunningly piss-poor product on that basis.

ilikepussy [sign in to see picture]

Tried my wifes Jessica Rabbit, a bit rough

KoolKitten [sign in to see picture]

Some are just too harsh and cause cystitis for me.

repliquant [sign in to see picture]

The first set of backdoor toys I bought included a jelly cactus (called 'Soft Nub'). First, I needed to fish it out, as it disappeared inside. On my first day of play. And that jelly... Having my bum on fire for three days taught me a precious lesson about materials ;)

This Saturday though, I had another 'winner'. My local brick & mortar had a delivery of some funky wasp-colored toys (the yellow part actually somewhat fluorescent). They didn't yet add them to the catalogue, and I was allowed to inspect the heap of car-themed toys, and measure them with my caliper which these days I always take with me while shopping.

I selected one of those, called Booster, in addition to "Ass Force One" and "B-50" from another company that I knew beforehand. tried it the same day, and lived to regret it. It gives a new meaning to the word shoddy. Touted as 100% silicone, this thing was as hard as a monster truck tyre, with similar levels of friction. I'm not a fan of silicone on a good day, but this takes the cake.

More importantly, it is dangerous. Composed of two halves glued on vertically. Only, the halves were mismatched by some 2 mm at the bottom, and half that at the top. There was also a seam. Not just a protruding one of variable width. Zero polish on this thing. They must have poured it in haste, and on to the next. The plug is a simple 54 mm column of uniform width, with a 62 mm ring in the middle. That seam is sure to get someone cut themselves if they are not used to pop 62 mm toys in just like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the cut was all along the cavity, let alone the exit canal.

Once done, I googled the name up (the toy is not packaged, just wrapped in a transparent bag with a name and a bar code on a sticker), and found that the company is called 'keepburning'. A fitting name, really, given how dangerous their toys seem to be, judging by the 'quality' of this Booster. 'Keep bleeding' would be just as good. I can think of some matching taglines for this product:

- 'You want it rough? We'll give you rough!'

- 'There will be blood'

Might sound amusing, but it really isn't. I was extra careful and made sure I was dilated enough for it to just slide in, but two weeks ago, say, I would have ripped my ass with that thing. A new zipper, only inside. Anyway, I decided to give my bum a week of paid vacation. Extra creams, too, just in case.

I have to wonder, how do these companies get away with such crap? I understand that there is a market for pain toys and such, but this isn't it. It's just a regular plug :/

FreeSingle&ReadyToTingle [sign in to see picture]

I've not had a bad sex toy experience but I have with lube... I found that the Durex Tingle lube didn't make me tingle at all- in fact it caused a burning sensation which made sex impossible! Has anyone else had anything similar with these sorts of lube?

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

No bad experiences with toys exactly but plenty that don't really suit me just a case of finding the right one.

I always check the ingredients on lubes as many don't suit me.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.