• Lubes!

Tomcatter [sign in to see picture]

Hi All

My OH has just asked if we can find a lube which is not~:

1. Smelly, the "high street sex shop (A.S)" smells quite "chemically"

2. Messy... we put the lube on and it runs absolutely everywhere!

3. "Sticky"

Any ideas?

ItsTaylorDean [sign in to see picture]

Durex feel is quite good, no smell or taste, doesnt get sticky like the others and is thick enough that it doesnt run - almost like a gel texture.

Its my fave "normal" lube for the above reasons and it doesnt dry out easily either :)
    oh and its in a pump bottle which saves more mess!

Tomcatter [sign in to see picture]

acoupleofwankers [sign in to see picture]

Although not directly answering this question you may want to check out these other threads on good lubes, lots of insights and opinions:

I would imagine that a chemical smell can come from lots of different ingredients, so quite difficult to know what to avoid ingredients wise. With messy, you probably want something thicker, more gel-like, so it doesn't run. Definitely avoid silicone-based lubes from this perspective as they are extremely liquid. Could test prospectives if you went into a physical shop and tilted bottles to see how they moved. Sticky is the easiest, pretty much just avoid anything with glycerin (related to sugar) in it.

Personally recommend Sliquid Sassy: few ingredients, tasteless, odorless, non-sticky, fairly thick formulation for anal sex, as well as fuffiling all the implied criteria (e.g. slippery, long-lasting) successfully. It is tricky otherwise to fuffil 2 and 3 as glycerin is usually included as the main thickening agent I believe.

Good luck!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.