• Buying kegel devices as a gift?

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Ok, I'm a strong believer in kegels and make sure I do at least some form of kegel exercise a day. But, I'm wondering if you knew of a friend or family memebr who would benifit from doing kegels, due to giving birth, incontinence, or a prolapse. Due you think giving them a kegel device (such as lelo luna beads) would be ok? Or, do you think it'll offend them?

I'm normally ok when giving normal sex toys as a gift, but as this seems a bit more personal, I'm not sure.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

If it was a family member or friend who I can talk to about these things, even in jest then I would think it would be perfectly fine to give as a gift. I've had women talk to me about the pains of giving birth and all the crap that comes with it including a weakened bladder etc.

I think with the right person and the suitable relation to that person it would make an ideal thoughtful gift. You have others that may not be so open minded and may think it's a little offensive but then that wouldn't correlate with them being the right person for the gift and/or you having that relationship with them to be comfortable with.

Long winded answer but basically it would be suitable with certain individuals. It's a similar predicament to whether someone would be offended at receiving sex toys as a gift really. I think also, more tact would be needed too for the kegels.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

personally think it would hugely depend on who it is. How close you are to them. and how freely you talk about these issues. If the answer is not that close, dont talk much, I would not. If it was a close friend, I would discuss it with her and maybe go ahead depending on the conversation. And would go probably for one of the more expensive set, not the cheapest.

irisangela [sign in to see picture]

I agree with what was said above. And talk to them about kegel exercises and products in general to see their reaction. I was talking to my friends about Lelo Luna (the kegel balls I use) and some of them become very interested in buying some.. so start from there and see :) i mean kegel devices are not just for making the vagina 'tighter' but it actually has a lot more other health benefits, so once they understand this they'll hopefully not get offended.

rag doll [sign in to see picture]

mention how they also feel amazing. go on about how much you like yours. talk about your belief in the health benofits of kegal excersizes. its a bit like giving soap and deodorant..."not that you smell"

you could posibly try showing them the different ones on Lovehoney then if they mention liking the look of them then you have a perfect excuse..."You mentioned you wouldnt mind trying theses/ liked the look of them..."

i personly wouldnt be offended but then im still in good shape so use them for the great feelings...and to get very very fit down there :)

JLond [sign in to see picture]

I have recently brought the Tracey cox kegal exercise balls and personaly i dont find them to be a sexual/sexy thing more for a tonning excercise, so i would be willing to share this with a friend/family specialy if its for a good course. If someone showed me these i would be very pleased to no about them.

Thanks for the replies so far =)

What about when advicing/ suggesting them to someone who's a lot older and probably never used sex toys before?

I currently use a few different sets of kegel balls, toys, and estim, although I don't really need to. The estim seems to offer the best results so far, although that might been too scary for someone new to kegels? It's a bit like those toning belts you can get.

I think with a few friends I'd be ok with it, but they have tried sex toys before.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I think asking them tactfully about issues surrounding sex and/or if giving birth has affected them would be a good way of going about it. If they don't know much about sex toys and in particular the notion of kegels and kegel exercises then you'd have to give a brief explanation before gifting them, I think.

Also, as one of the members has mentioned- it is a form of toning, not necessarily with the added label of "sex toy".

You can also just hint at the idea of kegels and give your knowledge on it with experiences from other people who have benefited especially after having a baby.

Let us know what you decide on and what she thinks of them if you decide to go for it.

I am currently swapping between luna beads and Ami set. Planning reviews on both, with a bit of comparison, but want to give the Ami more try before that. But as I am late on my period, I cannot wear them right now, they give me cramps, even the lightest of them, after few minutes.

If someone did not use toys before, it could be more difficult. I guess one of the more luxury sets, with instructions. but you would have to discuss it with them, before I think

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

I'm thinking of getting one for myself... tips appreciated!

I don't think i'd buy one as a gift, i'd maybe start a random convo with them though.

Really depends on what you are after. I have the Luna beads and Ami and both have plus and minuses

The Luna Beads are better for beginners or people who like to have a bit of more choice in how heavy they want them. This can be very suitable for taking them for a bit more demanding activities. I even danced flamenco with Luna Beads, but only the 2 pink (ligher versions) or went running with them, but only also the light version. They also have small bag with them, so easy to put them in, if you have to take them out and not being at home. And the cord is barely noticable when they are in you. On the other hand, they are not as heavy as some, although the heaviest version is advanced I would say.

Ami does not come with a bag, which I find a bit annoying, as you have to get your own. And I can clearly feel the cord when I have them in, which even makes me think they are falling down, but I am still holding it firmly. And I can feel them when moving (if someone has these, if you have any tip on how to get round this, I would appreciate it). The jumps between the balls are more prominent. So this can be for someone who has some more experience and is looking for a challenge. Especially with the 3rd Ami being relatively small (but it has a ball inside, which barely moves, what a pity), yet weighting over 100g! I would say that the weight of Ami 2 and 3 is the main advantage of these.

There are also other types out there. But these are those I tried and been using for a bit.

AliMc [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I personally think I would be offended if someone gave me kegal balls as a gift. But talking about it, giving advice, dropping suggestions would be great!

lol I would be too, unless I had expressed an interest in getting some myself or doing kegel exercises in general.

MissBoo [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I personally think I would be offended if someone gave me kegal balls as a gift. But talking about it, giving advice, dropping suggestions would be great!

Me too, I think.. I would rather someone suggest that because they worked really well for them, prehaps I should look into it.. Or if I had previously said I was interested in them, then I wouldn't be offended. But if it was a random gift, I wouldn't be that impressed!

MissBoo wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Me too, I think.. I would rather someone suggest that because they worked really well for them, prehaps I should look into it.. Or if I had previously said I was interested in them, then I wouldn't be offended. But if it was a random gift, I wouldn't be that impressed!

It wouldn't really be a random gift though if people have suggested they have a problem in that area which could be helped with kegels.

I know women who have weaker kegel muscles and it has resulted in either incontinence, or a prolapse. It's not always due to child birth, sometimes it's due to high impact exercise, not enough exercise, and other reasons. I know one woman who suffered a prolapse due to not lifting something properly and the item was meant to be lifted by more than one person, for example. I'm almost certain that their doctor would suggested kegels to them, although getting kegel devices on the NHS can be tricky. I know that on certain devices you can claim a % back if it's for health reasons, however child birth isn't covered under this. Most of these people don't tend to know where to look or hardly use the internet at all. They have often mentioned there problem due it affecting their every day life, so I guess bringing it up wouldn't be too tricky. It's just I'm still unsure, esp as a few of the people I know are a lot older than me.

LELO have recently come out with a new brand of kegel beads that aims them more as a health product rather than pleasure object. These are single beads starting at a much lighter weight, so more aimed at someone who is experiences problems due to health.

A lot of my friends who already want to try kegel balls want to try them for the pleasureable sensations they can offer.

I havent seen the new version of the Lelo kegel beads. I am wondering if there is link Nymp? Been trying to look for them at the Lelo website.

Here you go http://www.intimina.com/en/FAQ.php

It's one of their side brands a bit like PicoBong =)

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Maybe could go to Pander to me, as this is something LH may be interested in stocking. I dont think I saw it here yet.

Laveila wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Maybe could go to Pander to me, as this is something LH may be interested in stocking. I dont think I saw it here yet.

I will be reviewing some soon, so will know more about them in the next few weeks =) If they seem good, I probably will suggest them to Lh.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Laveila wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I will be reviewing some soon, so will know more about them in the next few weeks =) If they seem good, I probably will suggest them to Lh.

Ok, thanks. I know they are bit too easy for me, as I was able to hold the heavies Ami inside for about an hour, but for a begginer, someone, who has some issues and not trained musles, these can be really good.

Laveila wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Laveila wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Ok, thanks. I know they are bit too easy for me, as I was able to hold the heavies Ami inside for about an hour, but for a begginer, someone, who has some issues and not trained musles, these can be really good.

Agree. Although I'm not sure how comfortable they will be, that's what I'm mostly looking into =)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.