• Would you buy a vibrator for your teen daughter?

Dee_licious333 [sign in to see picture]

Definitely Not. What toys my daughter uses is none of my business.

Educating your child about sex is one thing but getting involved in that aspect of sex is another thing.

She can buy one for herself if she feels the need and if she asked my opinion I probably would encourage her to check out the reviews on this website as i have little knowledge about sex toys.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I personally dont think that buying some sexier lingerie encourages peoeple to start sex life early. I was buying myself some panties when I was about 14-15, which were relatively sexy, for myself in normal shop. But because I was well informed about sex from my parents and school, I actually started with sex life late - really when I was 20, when I was in my first longer relationship. Cannot say I was untouched, kisses and some touching, yep. but not real sex. And the touching did not go too far either.

And I believe that well informed teenager will approach sex more carefully. I mean real sex, because there will be self exploration.

I would help a daughter if she asked me for help, but would not approach her about that first, when it comes to sex toys. I would talk to her about sex and protection and things like that for sure and I would mention lube, anyway, because this is really important. I would not let her get this info only from the internet. Who knows what she may find. And I remember using things like body lotion, olive oil, baby oil when I was teenager, none of which are that propriete.

The teenagers are likely trying it, so if my daughter asked for help, I would really do it. I remember all the things I used to try, just to get some stimulation and the hairbrush handle was the most harmless one. There were other things too and some erhm I guess even amusing stories. At least now amusing, but back then they were not. So I do not think that sex toys encourages sex automatically either. Actually having sex toys for me is a way of surviving long distance relationship. Because this way I get some fullfilment and I do not go with whoever is available. And the hairbrush etc did the same job for me in the past as a teenager

starkiss [sign in to see picture]

I think it depends on the relationship you have. Personally, my family have always been very open about sex, and I openly talk to both my parents about it, but I'd feel awkward if my mum (or dad) bought me a sex toy. On the other hand, if it was my older sister, I would not deem it out of the ordinary. If I have kids, and they asked for one or were curious, I would willingly invest in a toy for them, but other than that I think just handing them one would be odd and probably embarrasing for them.

SK xx

Ms HKM [sign in to see picture]

My mum bought my first toy. And I was a teenager.. opened up our relationship and kept me from browsing (possibly) unsafe sites to find a toy.

Jimi Duro [sign in to see picture]

A Very tricky question... With the era of internet shopping I think a young person would be capable of purchasing their own would I condone it ? Not really I think young people today are too sexually aware and dont give their teenage years a chance...

On the flip side better getting pleasure from something as intimate and personal as a sex toy than going out and getting mixed up with the problems alcohol and drugs can bring in... which in my opinion is a far bigger problem in our society today...

spiced tea [sign in to see picture]

I don't have kids but if/when I do, I would try to be as open as possible about this stuff. I have been very curious from a very early age, and sex in the sense of physical pleasure and relationships were not really discussed at home (yes, i knew the theory and where babies come from but that's a very cold, mechanical approach) so of course I experimented with all sorts of things safe and not so safe, from hairbrush handles to casual sex. Like many have said before, the most important thing (and the premise of what follows) is good, open, honest communication.

In an ideal world I'd like to see myself as a parent who stocks condoms, lube and pregnancy tests in the bathroom cupboard next to tampons and whatnot, and tell my kids they, as well as their friends, are welcome to use the stuff. I would probably be shocked to find out if my kids were sexually active at 14 or 15 but then a girl I went to school with had a (unwanted) baby at 15, which is the last thing I would want to happen to my childern. Nothing more tragic than young people having unsafe sex because they're embarrassed to buy these basics. I don't know a single person who hasn't done something at least a little bit stupid or irresponsible in their teenage years, because that's what teenagers do, so making it clear I was aware of and accepted this fact my kids / their friends could also come to me when that something went a bit wrong or if they were just curious about anything. Concluding then, if my kid asked about getting sex toys I would talk about it, maybe show them a good, safe online shop and get them one, no use getting upset about it as that would probably just mean they'd find another way to experiment.

Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]

Laveila wrote:

. I mean real sex, because there will be self exploration.

Just to point out that there are many different forms of sex, and all of them are real. Not all sex involves a penis

As for the original subject.. Definitely! I'd love a very open relationship with my future children, it's something I haven't had with my own mother until recently.. Infact i bought my mum her first sex toy!

Sophie_Elizabeth_Ann [sign in to see picture]

As a 21 year old, I can honestly say that if my mother had ever (or if she ever) ventured into that territory, I would find it highly embarassing and just...never want to use the toy. Ever. I have no problem discussing sex (not in detail) with my mother, but I really can't stand the idea that she would know exactly what I was doing and that she would even know the toy I was using. That's too intimate for my liking in my relationship with her.

Jess_cd [sign in to see picture]

When I was in my late teens I used to wear mt step mum's things when I visited them, when they were out obviously! She worked out what was going on and told me to stop. She did buy me some things of my own though. It was to keep me out of hers of course but I guess buying lingerie for a 16 year old boy is a bit unusual.

Newbie2995 [sign in to see picture]

This thread is actually really useful to me, I'm 17 and I have just recently bought my first toy :o it hasn't been delivered yet and I'm a bit worried that my mum will answer the door when it is! I know she uses sex toys (have stumbled across quite a few by accident in her bedroom and when I was quite young I told my dad I had found one!) so she knows I am aware of them, we have never talked about it but I'm feeling optimistic that she wouldn't mind me using them seeing as he does herself. We talk about sex without feeling awkward and she knows that I'm still a virgin, so I'm sure she would be happy to know I was comfortable in myself and not sleeping around! Despite this I am pretty sure we wouldn't want to be involved in buying toys for me!

Naughty_S [sign in to see picture]

Knowing how i feel about it now, i would.

I wanted sex toys for years, but was much too embarrased to buy any, from a shop or online. I would have never asked my mom. Eventually i just thought fk it and i went for it, which was when i discovered lovehoney.

I would want my daughter to be able to open up to me, because i can't with my family.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.