• Would you buy a vibrator for your teen daughter?

AliMc [sign in to see picture]

I've often seen it discussed on this forum about buying sex toys for friends but what about your daughters or sons?

CrimsonVixen [sign in to see picture]

I think this could be posed as a very controversial issue, whilst some parents may not wish to witness or encourage their daughters or sons to be sexually active, others see it as nature and are very open about it! I know I don't have any kids of my own, but I think I would rather know what they were doing and if they were really interested buy them something like a sex toy rather than have them out sleeping with random people.... on the other hand your first time is something I see as special and so maybe just sitting down and giving them the chat at the right age is the best approach! Save the toys, if you are that open about the issue!!, for later in life when they have had more experience!

Though I think I can say that from the son or daughters point of your that your parent buying you a sex toy at all would be the most embarrasing thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

probably, depends on the child really.

im in the camp that a sex toy is a masturbation tool, and if they are mastrubating they would be less likley to need a partner and that masturbation and sexual desire is all part of puberty and growing up. I'd only give them a toy if i could have an open and honest descussion with them about sex, dating, relationships and contraception.

at the moment schools and community projects are very good at teaching the mechanics of sex and sometimes contraception but theyre not as good at teaching about relationships and emotions so i'd want to help a child ( of mine or anyone elses if i had an important role in that sense) understand what it is like. Hormonal teenagers and young people are really vunerable.

and yes, if i knew they were having sex ( hetro or homo) i'd buy them condoms.

if my childeren (future potential) turn out anyhting like me then they will stay virgins untill theyre nearly 20.

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

My mum has bought me a vibrartor in the past. I was about 17-18 so not too young.

I don't see the harm (as long as they're not too young) but like sweetlove has said you need to be able to talk to your child openly and honestly as well.

morefun [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't if I ever had kids. I can't see it doing much to prevent a teenager sleeping around as I think most of them but not all would sleep around for reasons other than simply being horny, such as wanting to feel loved or accepted in some cases.

I think talking would be more appropriate than buying them a toy although toys could always be brought up as part of that conversation then the teen in question could decide whether to get one or not.

If my mother had ever bought me a toy I would have been mortified, even more so if my dad knew too but then I've never been close to my parents so maybe someone who was close to theirs would feel differently. The thought of them thinking about my sex life and whether I sleep about or not makes me feel disgusting. I've always been really private about that sort of thing with my family though I'm open with friends and my partner.

rag doll [sign in to see picture]

firstly i think i would be really embaresed if my mum gave me one but it would be a nice sign of understanding, acceptance and an open relationship. im not sure if it would make me feel she was expecting me to show her my toys but i think if you had the right relationship with your parents it would work.

i'm not sure if my views would change if i was a parent but i imagen i would base my views on the fact that i was buying my own toys from abut the age of 15 and was making them out of pyjama trousers stuffed in a condom.

i think if i knew my child was already making them or if i suspected them of sleeping around i would definately concider the idea of geting them a small, vibrator or something as it would be safer that they use realy toys and better that they relieved sexual fustration through toys and not casual sex. of course toys never answer the curiosity of what sex is like with another person so it could never stop casual sex entirly.

Lady.Gasm.X [sign in to see picture]

My mum bought me sexy lingerie for my 14th birthday. I got my first vibrator with my mum at about 16 and if I had a daughter I would be very open about sex and I would prefer to buy her a toy than her to experiment with other items and/or men! I experimented with lots of different things when I was younger, some dangerous. Now I have toys they are all I use and this is what they are made for!

kinkycop [sign in to see picture]

If I had a daughter, I would like her to be using vibrator, then be shagging random men before you know she up the duff! yes I know there be others that disagree, but I would let my OH buy my daughter a vibrator or dildo ect if she about 15 to 16 then its fine! if not she have to make do with the oral-b eletric toothbush!

I would mind if we talked about condoms etc! schools now are usless at sexual health! they did tell me about lub! even one teacher said anal sex is illegal! but it comes down to the teacher feelings of sexual health a what to teach.... I more then happy to try anal sex! aslong I got good lub and toys ect and we both happy to do it and know the risks and saftey before hand!

I would be happy to try everything, even if the first few time is not good but some things tend to grow on you!

2nd Chance T [sign in to see picture]

Gosh what a thread. I have two teenage boys who I am incredibly close and open with. They both told me when they wanted to become sexually active so we discussed contraception options and i would have happily got condoms for them. I was very lucky that they were legal age and it didn't raise difficult choices for them. I was sexually active at 15 so I was pleased they waited. However I would not be encouraging sex before the legal age. I was suprised when Ladygasm said her Mum bought her lingerie at 14. My stepdaughters are 14 and i would be horrified at them wearing sexy undies. (not meaning to criticize Ladygasm as it's great to have an open relationship) I'm drifting off the subject, no I would not buy a toy for my daughter unless they specifically came to me and asked, then I would happily help them choose for themselves.

[suspended user]

suspended user

We had the opposite problem. At 17 our daughter pushed "inappropriate behaviour" to the limit, she once said she was going to an Ann Summers party and would we (both of us together) like her to buy us something. Later she got a credit card for one of my bank accounts and emptied it so I have probably paid for dozens.

Things are better between us now, even as a very young child she loved pretty things including underwear. We still buy her nice underwear for Christmas and birthdays, normally my wife buys them. However When I was in China I bought a matching set of silk dressing gown, chemise and french type knickers all embroidered with a dragon style motif, pretty and feminine not overtly sexy. All women wear underwear why not wear nice silk underwear, it feels nice.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I think for me it would depend on the circumstances. If my future daughter were in a position where I felt she would benefit from self exploration and self confidence then I don't see why not - I'd rather my daughter have a satisfying sex life and she's going to be more sure of what she likes and dislikes if she's experimented alone before sharing herself with a partner. I would have to consider her age, maturity, relationships and other things before making that decision though.

My mother suggested sex toys for me when she knew I was suffering with pain during sex, her logic that practising with something smaller may help and orgasming before penetration may help for relaxation. I was probably 16 or 17 and had been sexually active since 16 (in a relationship since 15) and it was completely appropriate under the circumstances.

Adx

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Me, personally? Nope. If I had a daughter and she wanted to buy one and she was over 16, then so be it but I wouldn't buy her one, I just wouldn't feel right

ee82 [sign in to see picture]

I can't think of much more humilating things than my mum buying me one as a teenager. My mum and i were not close when i was young and sex was a taboo subject....yet she often brought it up to tell me how awful it was and to continuously tell me about safe sex. Often the topic would arise when i had friends round which added to the cringe factor.

However, I have children myself now and I am more open minded than my mum. I would like to think that I will have a better relationship with my kids and that i will be able to talk to them about sex when they are older. If the topic of toys arises, I'll do my best not to burst into floods of tears at the thought that my babies are grown up! I do see where they could be helpful in some situations, such as for Alicia xx

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

What about buying toys if you have/ had a son? Sorry, I've just noticed how often this question is left out.

Hellkat [sign in to see picture]

My mum brought me a toy when I was younger before I lost my vaginity because I was very sexually aware of myself but didn't want to have sex our family have always been very open and understanding and I fully intend to follow their example If I have a daughter i will encourage her to explore her self rather than sleep with someone just to have her curiosity fulfilled and I will most definietly do the same for my son. Toys seem to be more excepted for women to use in society which is a shame as men have the same needs. Sex is a healthy part of life and should be embrassed in all forms

kinkycop [sign in to see picture]

When I was 15, even to when I was 16 I didn't know about personal lub!! when I was 15, yes I did try masturbating with my foreskin pulled back.. but no lub I didn't get that far! I tried using anything for lub when I was about 17! from soap to veggy oil which gave me an infection! even tried T-cut which burned like hell! but soap dried my skin out! I did go for hair gel, it worked but lots of it and was not the best thing, latex gloves helped too!! I even used a screwdriver handle as a butt plug with only spit!

I would say a better sexual health lessons at school or a girlfriend would of helped better! yes I even leaned to use a condom at 18.... shows how slow I am!

I am 21 now, and more then happy to try anything! I say I am a lot better & safe now then I've ever been! I more then happy to try anal play again with a good toy and more important LUB!!!

I would buy lub, but leave it in a place were he could find it, and wonder if he uses it... yes toys are another one. don't worry son I leave my card here! and buy the toy you like, I didn't know anything.... I thought the OH is buying things again! so I be the more I don't see, but is helping!

if my son was the type that was shagging every girl in sight then he won't need a toy! it be condoms!

rag doll [sign in to see picture]

when mum found out i had had sex and stolen the condoms from my neighbours house she went out and got me some... 3 boxes of"extra safe". :)

when i had sex for the first time with my partner we discovered the need for lube and ended up using quite a bit of baby oil.

when my friend was paranoied that she was pregnent (period came in the end) i offered to go n get her a test as i knew she would be too emaresed to.

so from my experience, if i have kids i will always make sure there is lube, condoms and pregnacy test in the house in somewhere other than mummy and dasdy's bedroom. could monitor numbers and have an idea of what they werent telling me about hopefully. also i think i would be open but not explicit about toys so they knew there was nothing bad about them and so if they had any questions they could feel they could openly ask questions. i would expect them to use their own mony to get them unless mabey they confided in me something that made me feel like geting them one as a present (or i knew they were making toys that could potentialy pose a helth risk to them or otheres)

cheer_up [sign in to see picture]

As someone who was very very recently a teeanger (actually, to hell with it, I'm not ready to be grown up yet: I'm twenteen), I know that I would have been mortified if my mother had bought me a sex toy. Hell, I was mortified enough when she asked me to buy her a sex toy (it didn't happen, nor will it ever happen).

My mum and I have a close relationship, and we've gotten even closer recently, but there are some things I just wouldn't want her involved in, and my sex life is one of those things. I mean, obviously I told her when I started sleeping with my boyfriend, and we discussed contraception and everything, but she was really angry with me for having sex when I did, despite me being 17. So I think it would depend on the kind of relationship the parent and child had.

If I ever have kids (God forbid), I think I'll be open about sex and toys and stuff, but I wouldn't go as far as to buy my child a sex toy. Condoms, hell yes, I don't want my spawn spawning before their time, but I don't think buying them a sex toy would stop them having sex. If anything, sex toys have made me more rampant, so if my kids resembled me in any way it'd be like opening a can of wriggly, pheremone-crazy worms.

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

I would...in fct I just bought a bullet for my friends daughter as she wanted one but was to shy to go and buy...I checked it wa sok with her mum.

I would buy one for my daughter if she wanted me to.

The best advice I ever got in life was if you know how to please yourself, know your body and what works for you you will be much more fullfilled i fully intend to pass this info on to my daughters.

dotdashdot [sign in to see picture]

My mum and I frequently discuss sex and vibrators. She's never bought me one but it wouldn't shock me too much if she did. Think we have a very rare relationship!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.