• Had a reaction... not sure how/why/what...

Orally Gifted [sign in to see picture]

I recently bought a black fabric vibe bag from Ann Summers. After washing and cleaning my selected stash, I put in my realistic dildo along with a crystal wand and some anal beads. Zipped up the bag, put it in the drawer.
    The other night I was using the dildo, and towards the end of play and afterwards, I got an uncomfortable internal feeling in the form of redness and soreness. I stopped immediately, washed myself as best I could and cleaned the dildo. I've since not put the dildo back in the bag but am wondering why this happened as I've never had a reaction to the dildo before.
    Did the fabric of the bag have an affect on the dildo material? Did the dildo react with the other toys in the bag? I know manufacturers strongly suggest storing toys individually but in this economic climate I'd previously stored them all together in a plastic bag and never had any problems [no internal or external reactions].
    Didn't know who to talk to about this, has anyone else experienced something similar; also any advice to pass on?

Lady.Gasm.X [sign in to see picture]

I have only ever had reactions from using condoms.. but my advice would be stick to the manufacturers suggestions. I would also suggest giving the dildo a quick was before use even if you washed it before storing..

Hope this help?

x

illumine wrote:

i put some of my toys together and a couple of them melted. I have learned- NEVER store anything together! it possibly could have caused discomfort yes

Really? What type of material were they?

x

Oh thanks for the advice.. I have a jelly one and I knew nothing about that!!

X

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Different materials can react to each other so it is best to keep each toy in its own home. Doesnt have to be a bag, old (but clean and lint free) socks work just as well

xGGx

My dildo is made of rubber [see here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14127] and afterwards I couldn't help but notice how strong the smell of rubber was - not only 'down there' and in the room, but on my fingers too - bit worrying; the smell didn't leave my fingers until several intense handwashes later.

I'm starting to think the dildo [which also contains latex] may have reacted with the bag fabric [see bag here: http://annsummersbysara.co.uk/asbs_shop/images/satin%20secrets%20vibe%20bag%20case.jpg] or possibly the glass wand [which takes batteries, and I always leave them in, oops].

Thanks for your words though, LH members :) I will take note and wash toys before and after use, and look for new individual homes for each one.

On another note, does anyone have any recommendations for the storage of rubber/jelly toys? I can't help but notice how "dirty" they are every time I get them out - they attract all-sorts of bits and bobs [dust, hair] even in the cleanest of places :(

acoupleofwankers [sign in to see picture]

I think sometimes that rubber toys can degrade over time. My first ever rabbit was from Ann Summers years ago... it was completely fine for about 4 years and then started giving me the same reaction you suffered from, took me a while to work out what it was.

Now we only buy silicone (or glass/metal) dildos and just avoid rubber althogther. It's important that your toys aren't kept in direct contact with each other as you can get what I have heard described as the "Dali Dildo" effect - where your dildos kind of melt due to contact - we have sadly been victim to this in the past!

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I have the jelly ones in their plastic wrapping, the ones that clip together. It's not always that simple as some of the packaging can be quite big.

I love my glass toys, one of the best material toys to have. So easy to clean and put away.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Lady.Gasm.X wrote:

Oh thanks for the advice.. I have a jelly one and I knew nothing about that!!

X

Absolutely vital! Take a look at our How to Clean and Store Sex Toys guide (it's linked to from every sex toy page) which explains all the whys and wherefores.

In answer to the original poster, I think you answered you own question...

Orally Gifted wrote:

I recently bought a black fabric vibe bag from Ann Summers.

In answer to the original poster, I think you answered you own question...

Orally Gifted wrote:

I recently bought a black fabric vibe bag from Ann Summers.

yes my bad!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.