• Sending toys to the US

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I'm planning a comp for my blog and want to make it open to US readers too.

I've never sent anything to the US before, let alone a sex toy. So I was wondering the following things:

Is there much of a price difference when sending to the US compared with UK prices.

Would I have to fill out any forms, and what category would they come under? When receiving toys from the US they are labeled as either gift or sample, I'm guessing I would have to put something like this?

I think that's all I wanted to know, if anyone has had any experience, any information about it would be helpful =)

sazbee [sign in to see picture]

I've nevre posted a toy abroad, but I have sent alot of other things, and it can get quite pricey for postage. That said, the price of toys can be alot more in North America compared to what it is in Europe. So I'd say its swings and roundabouts x

Incendiaire [sign in to see picture]

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Is there much of a price difference when sending to the US compared with UK prices.

Would I have to fill out any forms, and what category would they come under? When receiving toys from the US they are labeled as either gift or sample, I'm guessing I would have to put something like this?

The best place to check is the Royal Mail website. If you imput the weight of the item, and the destination, then it'll calculate for you exactly what it will cost.

Sending something to the U.S. is generally quite expensive. I looked into sending a friend a Christmas present once, and ended up just buying him something from a U.S. website, as the postage to send it myself from the U.K. was exorbitant.

If you do send something then often a customs declaration will be involved, so you need to fill in that it's a gift, to avoid any taxes being applied for the recipient.

Woah... that's a lot. It'll be at least £15 to send, I guessed the weight. Unless I picked it to arrive within 60 days, which would make it about half that, but I feel 60 days is too long for someone to wait for a prize?

Blondii [sign in to see picture]

Sadly your probably best to say open to UK only like alot of the US bloggers do to us.

But Ive also seen some bloggers offer the winner pays half or full postage, so state that in your compition details and its then up to people to see if they want to enter.

If its a prize they want, some wont mind paying postage.

Rafflecoptor are the best at organising competitions which you probably know already; but its fair then as well as I think that chooses your winner.

I also think you can input into that to state where you wish to post and it will disreguard those not in your area youve stated.

Sorry if you know this already hun.

Goodluck and I look forward to your competitions.X

That's a shame, even though it's still cheaper than the winner purchasing the items themself, £15+ is a lot of money ofr, esp. as I've purchased the items myself.

Looks like I'll have to keep as an UK only comp :/ I guess, at least it'll be easier to host and things, just a shame as a lot of my readers are in the US.

Blondii wrote:

Sadly your probably best to say open to UK only like alot of the US bloggers do to us.

But Ive also seen some bloggers offer the winner pays half or full postage, so state that in your compition details and its then up to people to see if they want to enter.

If its a prize they want, some wont mind paying postage.

Rafflecoptor are the best at organising competitions which you probably know already; but its fair then as well as I think that chooses your winner.

I also think you can input into that to state where you wish to post and it will disreguard those not in your area youve stated.

Sorry if you know this already hun.

Goodluck and I look forward to your competitions.X

Yeah I use rafflecopter already for comps and things, very easy to use :)

Othering to pay part postage is a nice idea, but it might confuse some people?

Hazy [sign in to see picture]

Assuming that you already have the prize in place, have you looked to see if any other couriers (Fed Ex, Parcel Force, DHL) can offer competitive rates? I dont often send things abroad, so im not sure how it would work.

If you are buying toys specifically for your competitions, you could have them sent to the winner direct from LH (by purchasing after the draw has closed-although this may be a bit risky due to stock changes etc) as they post internationally and to may countries for free. This may work if you send the item as a gift and be alot less painful than the cost of postage.

hope you canfind a solution :)

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Generally DHL etc are expensive. I know I should not say this, but for private person it is expensive. It would depend on the priority, but you can count it will be as much as Royal Mail, if not more.

Just to say, FedEx Europe private person, non heavy item costed me about 15 and LH offers them for CZ and the price is 12.50! So imagine US!

Planning to use FedEx with my next order from here, but reliased I am going away for few days and its 1-2 days so... I may need to wait till Friday lol

Hazy wrote:

Assuming that you already have the prize in place, have you looked to see if any other couriers (Fed Ex, Parcel Force, DHL) can offer competitive rates? I dont often send things abroad, so im not sure how it would work.

If you are buying toys specifically for your competitions, you could have them sent to the winner direct from LH (by purchasing after the draw has closed-although this may be a bit risky due to stock changes etc) as they post internationally and to may countries for free. This may work if you send the item as a gift and be alot less painful than the cost of postage.

hope you canfind a solution :)

The comp prizes tend to be things I already have at mine, due to extras I get in bundles, or free gifts/ reduced I've got when picking up something. I can't really afford to buy full price toys, unless they are really cheap items... a lot of the time most people will already own a pocket rocket or similar, and are after something a bit more when entering a comp. Often I make up a mini selection, to make it more exciting, meaning that I would've spent around £10-£20 including postage. Most of the time the items are worth over that.

I'm looking into some giftcard giveaway, but personally they aren't as fun to put together, but at least they'll be open to more people.

My comp probably will be live Friday, or towards the end of the weekend. It'll run between 1-2weeks.

But yeah, it's a shame it costs so much to send things over to the US :/

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Only just seen this, but for postage calculations I use http://www.seajays.org.uk/postage/

just type in the weight of your package and it will give you the costs of all available Royal Mail services

xGGx

ghostgirl wrote:

Only just seen this, but for postage calculations I use http://www.seajays.org.uk/postage/

just type in the weight of your package and it will give you the costs of all available Royal Mail services

xGGx

That's a really handy site, thanks =)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.