• How to bring up LH with sister/friends?

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

Hi, I've grown to love the LH website and the people in it :) And was wondering how to bring it up with my closest friend and my sister? They are 19 and 16, and although my sister's a bit young I'd rather she order herself a small bullet than keep hopping from boyfriend to boyfriend. She has a full-time job, so could afford to buy sex toys, but I've no idea how to bring it up. Sometimes she can spend £40 a week on sweets and credit for her new "boyfriend" and I think it's just because of sexual frustration that she stays with them, but how do I bring it up?

On to my 19 year old best friend. We've been friends a good four years, and she's never had a proper boyfriend, barely gone past kissing. I'd like to bring up LH with her, and possibly get her a bullet vibe for her birthday in March, but I have no idea how to bring it up. We never talk about sex, so how would I go about this?

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome! :) xxx

Horny Glass Lover [sign in to see picture]

Have a laugh about it, you know the sort of girly chat that starts with ''men eh... yuck, i'd rather satisfy myself LOL. How about buying something nice for yourself'' You could also try things like how you made some nice and understanding friends on this web site. Or how in the 21st centuary everyone wants to experiment and try new things. One thing I know is to have a good giggle about sex and make it open... your friend is probably just as nervous/not sure how to aproach the subject as you are.

I remember the first time years ago, telling my closest friend... once I had... she wanted to see everything I brought and couldn't help but turn everything/toy on and press every button lol. Good luck xx

SexyBumBully [sign in to see picture]

Yeah, keeping it casual will help. It might be awkward at first but once the conversation is in full flow it'll be fun to talk about it. Some of the funniest conversations me and my friends have stem from talking about sex toys. I bought my friend one for her birthday because she told me she was sexually frustrated and now she has loads! HGL's idea on how to bring it up is good though. I wouldn't know where to start if we didn't talk about sex but we do that a fair bit when we're together so it was different for us as it was a step up.

Good luck anyway and glad your feeling so welcome!

ClareB x

tommy07 [sign in to see picture]

See if anyone you know is having an Ann summers party or anything like that (or even throw your own) and take them along, I would have thought thats how most women are introduced to all of this.

Thanks guys! :) Yes, good idea on starting with "urgh, men" HGL! I might just use that! She's coming round mine one day next week, perhaps that would be best seeing as it'll be more private than anywhere else... She might get curious too then I could show her my toys, most of them are bullets so they're not too intimidating :) A good giggle about sex in general sounds good, it's way overdue lol. Hmm, I don't know of any parties being held at the minute, but as I said, my friend is coming round next week so it should be pretty easy to get into the subject casually.

Thanks for the replies, I feel more reassured now! :)

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

WINE!!

Or alcohol in general - I'm not suggesting getting totally bladdered () but it does tend to lower your inhibitions and make things easier to talk about!

Horny Glass Lover [sign in to see picture]

That's a good idea DRA make it a girly night... a drink or two, chocolate, tunes... :)

That'll definately get the conversation flowing! Good idea :)

himnher [sign in to see picture]

Could you enter her e-mail address so she gets a Lovehoney email?

You probably wouldn't have to bring the subject up then. Once she has a look at all the great items available she will be hooked like the rest of us!

Wow, that's a great idea himnher, I'll have a go :)

JakeH [sign in to see picture]

Haha although you dont want her thinking that Lovehoney is spamming people!

AliMc [sign in to see picture]

I would give her it as a fake gag gift, that way you can laugh about it with her but secretly hope she gets curious and decides to experiment with it.

Hazy [sign in to see picture]

Some friends of mine bought a bullet vibrator as a "gag" birthday gift for a sexually frustrated friend of ours. she absolutely loved it and for a good while raved about it everyone she knows. As a result I am a sex toy convert. It is a fun and unintruding way to introduce sex toys to somebody, and if they dont like the idea, it can be laughed off as a cheap joke. She has said that she wants to experiment with more toys so I mentioned lovehoney to her in passing, knowing full well that she now knows where she can get a new additon to her collection ;)

Perhaps this method could work with your friends :)

H

That's a good idea, Hazy and AliMc, I could slip it to her with her birthday presents, and mention it in passing maybe a few weeks later :) Then mention LH to her if she has had a go with it, it would be nice for her, but can easily be laughed off if she doesn't like it :) Thanks for all the suggestions guys xxx

S&M sexy times [sign in to see picture]

You could also mention LH stocks a fairly vast range of lingerie & the range is very reasonable priced with a whole year in which to return items with a great customer service experience, she could then always puruse other items if she gets curious.

Flower2016 [sign in to see picture]

I told a couple of friends that I had used a cock ring in a game of 'I have never'. I'm a university student, so this is quite a common game for us to play when drunk!
    The next day my friends came to my room and asked me how it felt. That afternoon I ordered a cock ring for my friend to try with her boyfriend, and we haven't looked back since!
    Shortly after buying my friend a cock-ring, I bought her a novelty vibrating duck for her birthday. This was a great way to get her introduced to sex toys, because it looked like a normal duck that you would find in your bathroom, so it wasn't intimidating!

Since then, I show a couple of my friends all of my new sex toys!
    I even got them interetsed in Lovehoney by telling them that I have created a wishlist to review products! The next day one of my friends told me she has signed up to Lovehoney and was looking forward to buying products and reviewing them!

I would suggest bringing the subject up in a light-hearted way. Novelty presents and a few glasses of wine are a brilliant way to break the ice! I would also suggest commenting on how great the customer service is at Lovehoney and how much cheaper the products are than the well-known high-street retailer! This should spark some curiosity in your friend and sister and they will be signed up to Lovehoney in no time! Good luck :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.