• Rabbit Amnesty- a few qeustions

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I've been slowly sorting out some toys to send off, and was wondering a few things.

Do rabbit vibes actually have to have a rabbit on, or can they be vibes that offer clit stimulation as well as an insertable shaft?

Also would this count as a rabbit or not: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20726

What about toys that have melted together... I've been storing the ones I want to send off in an lh box and a few have melted, can I still send these in?

What if you have over 9 vibes to send?

I have a dildo that has metal, and things inside. It's not a vibrator or electrical but still has some parts that could be found in a vibe: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14686#videos

What about dildos? Is there anyway to send these off, surely the silicone, plastices, etc, would be recycled the same way as the plastics found on a vibe?

On top of the vibes I have to send off, I'm probably got a few other small items that are electrical and no longer work.

I was also wondering what people do with broken glass toys? I've only had one break before and was tempted to put it into a bottle bank. WHat's peoples thoughts on this?

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

You can add more other toys to your order, the points will be added.

I put my glass toys that break in the bottle bank, but I really smack them in so usually they crack or smash. If I just don't like them I give them to my friends, sterilised of course.

Oh, also do you have to take batteries out? Some of the toys I have, have very tricky battry caps that won't come open at all :/

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Did a quick search on 'borosilicate recycle' and I found this:

Heat-resistant glass like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrex or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borosilicate_glass should not be disposed of in the glass container as even a single piece of such material will alter the viscosity of the fluid in the furnace at remelt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_recycling#Glass_collection

I'm not finding anything about how to recycle borosilicates. The manufacturers might know, maybe the lovely people at Lovehoney could help find out?

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

You can send *ANY* WEE - It just has to be electrical. That's headphones, vibrators, alarm clocks, vibrating butt plugs, even a toaster. So long as it has a circuit board, it's aaaaallll good.

Melted toys are fine. Dog chewed toys are fine. Half exploded toys that you strapped to a firework are fine (although shame on you!).

9 vibes are fine. 20 vibes are fine.

Dildos sadly aren't fine and need to be recycled differently. The WEE recycling plants handle recycling in very different ways to normal recycling plants which have their own processes for different materials.

Putting glass toys in the bottle bank sounds like an ace idea to me! Not sure about broscillate and pyrex though, I think that has to be handled differently to bottle glass :s

I've been thinking, does this mean that only the electrical parts are re-used? And the plastics aren't mealted down too?

Because if the plastics are recycled, what if we converted the toys that aren't vibes into vibes? I have loads of bullets that I'd be sending off anyway, a spot of glue onto a dildo and place the bullet onto it... and you have a vibe. I know it wouldn't get any extra Oh! points, but would it then be possible to recycle the plastic from the dildo. Not sure if that makes sense?

Almost got my box ready to send off =)

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I've been thinking, does this mean that only the electrical parts are re-used? And the plastics aren't mealted down too?

Because if the plastics are recycled, what if we converted the toys that aren't vibes into vibes? I have loads of bullets that I'd be sending off anyway, a spot of glue onto a dildo and place the bullet onto it... and you have a vibe. I know it wouldn't get any extra Oh! points, but would it then be possible to recycle the plastic from the dildo. Not sure if that makes sense?

Almost got my box ready to send off =)

It's the electrical parts that are recycled, rather than the casings so even if you stuck a bullet onto a dildo it would just be the bullet that was recycled. Hope that saves you some DIY

As for whether something with a clitoral stimulator is a rabbit, I'd say that if the toy features in our Rabbit VIbrators section it's a rabbit, and if not then it would be treated as a standard vibe.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

I have a question actually.

With the freepost stamp, how much weight does that cover?

The freepost address is only to be used for returns.

Love Eggs, do they count as one or two items when being sent off. One for the remote, and one for the egg?

Almost got my package ready, it's taking a bit longer than expected.

I'm just wondering what's the most Lh have been sent to recycle in one go from one person?

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

Reminds me I've got a box full of stuff to send off.

Didn't know you could send in head phones, sure I have a few old pairs lying about, will need to add them to the box.

Might leave it until after new year before I send it off, wait until the christmas post has died down a bit.

BBobX [sign in to see picture]

This sounds like a great idea - one question though. Got an old vibe that came with rubber (?) attachments - do I need to return only the buzzing bit, or can I throw those attachments in the box and get rid of the lot in one fell swoop?

Likewise I've got a cock ring (barely used) that has a bullet vibe - can I throw the whole box in for recycling or does the ring go in the household waste?

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Love Eggs, do they count as one or two items when being sent off. One for the remote, and one for the egg?

Almost got my package ready, it's taking a bit longer than expected.

If it was one item to begin with, it remains as one item.

BBobX wrote:

This sounds like a great idea - one question though. Got an old vibe that came with rubber (?) attachments - do I need to return only the buzzing bit, or can I throw those attachments in the box and get rid of the lot in one fell swoop?

Likewise I've got a cock ring (barely used) that has a bullet vibe - can I throw the whole box in for recycling or does the ring go in the household waste?

In the recycling process some of the extra bits and pieces ar discarded - so to save you the postage cost you could ditch the separate rubber attachments.

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

Sorry for bumping an old thread but didnt see the point in starting a new one for a simple question....

The address to send to is Lovehoney Recycling..... as i am housebound it would be most likely my mother taking my "recycling" to the post office. My question is simple - if i was to address it simply to Recycling or LH Recycling would this be acceptable?

luckylesbo wrote:

Sorry for bumping an old thread but didnt see the point in starting a new one for a simple question....

The address to send to is Lovehoney Recycling..... as i am housebound it would be most likely my mother taking my "recycling" to the post office. My question is simple - if i was to address it simply to Recycling or LH Recycling would this be acceptable?

I'm sure either of those would be fine - but I've edited out the forbidden phrase ;-)

mrs average [sign in to see picture]

I've only just read all about the recycling amnesty for electrical items and think it's a great idea. Another brilliant thing I've discovered about Lovehoney!

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

mrs average wrote:

I've only just read all about the recycling amnesty for electrical items and think it's a great idea. Another brilliant thing I've discovered about Lovehoney!

LH is very good at making you a valued customer, this has reminded me that I need to get rid of some of my old toys. You get 100 Oh! Points for vibrators or other WEE and 500 Oh! Points for a rabbit vibrator. You can find more info here - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/environment/

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.