• Not a sex toy, but Massage Oil/Candles

EskimoKisser [sign in to see picture]

My wife loves to be massaged as foreplay, but most of the ones we've tried have either not lasted very long (usually water based) or, during sex, you taste some of the massage oil and its absolutely disgusting (usually oil based).

Is there a happy medium? I dont want to taste it, but i dont want to feel sick if i do.

Im gonna order some of the massage candles, but i'd also like an oil that lasts a long time, but not really disgusting tasting. The Monogamy edible ones seem to be the best ones so far, but £15 does sound kinda expensive.

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

This oil is lovely http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19303 it's a tiny bottle but a little goes a long way. I'd say if she has really dry skin (like mine) you'll probably get 3-4 massages out of a bottle.

It left my skin moist for some time afterward (and soft for over a day afterward - a minor miracle for me).

Tastewise it's inoffensive - unsurprisingly tastes mildly of mint & rosemary.

It left me tempted to try others in the same range.

Hope you find what you're after

CCW x

In that case, ill try something from that brand, thanks! (though, ill chose something else as I always find mint overpowering, and she'd probably want a more relaxing scent)

She actually has pretty well moistured skin, so we should be good on that case.

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

All the oils in Touche range look to be suitable for vegetarians too

My skin is like a sponge normally but with this oil, as your skin warms it up it goes even further. Completely unlike water-based massage gels (the durex gel lasts 2-3 massages on my skin despite being the bottle being 4 times the size).

Another thing you might want to try is bio oil (they sell it in chemists and supermarkets) that's a mixture of oils but is very reasonable. No mint in that one. Not as nice to taste but not bitter like some oils can be, not dreadful to consume. (Don't know the vege credentials of it though, sorry). Not a treat like the Touche oil but if you're indulging in a lot of massage it's very reasonable & a nice feel on my skin.

Sorry, rambled a bit there

CCW x

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

I would agree with the Touche oils I loved this but cant remember tasting it.http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19306&reviewid=35189#reviewsmy only issue with it is that it contains peanut oil so not good for allergy sufferersxGGx

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I bought a set on sale before from lovehoney but they do still sell the range separately.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17907

This is simply divine. The smell is so gorgeously fresh. It's like freshly cut grass... I prefer it more than the other floral scented tones. I don't think any of the massage candles including edible ones are really supposed to be edible lol. They may be safe to taste but they're not really tasty as you might think. I love the feel of massage candles rather than the usual oily feel of massage oils. But I do know that there are some amazing ones out there.

Good luck in your search and let us know how you get on. =]

thanks for your help.

Yeah, i dont want to eat the oils or candles! I just dont want us to have to shower in order to kiss her body and ruin the whole feel of it.

I might get the 3x60g earthly body ones.

Gonna be abroad for a month with her, So i dont want to take too many options, but I want a selection, so i appreciate all your help!

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Alternately, you could get food grade cocoa butter or coconut oil. Or even olive oil if you don't mind it being a bland smell/taste.

would coconut oil be a good massage oil? Cant say its ever occured to me!

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Earthly Body do a great range of products -

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/brands/earthly-body/

I have the vanilla "glow oil" and it's edible, although the vanilla and oil mix is a little strong.

I'd also recommend Jimmyjane massage candles for pure scented gorgeousness; they linger on the skin very nicely too, but aren't as pleasant when you finish off the massage with your mouth.

The other thing to consider is whether an edible lube would do a better job as a massage medium - since they're edible and condom-friendly they're a safer bet if you use condoms or oil-sensitive toys after your massage, since both your hands and your partner's body will likely be covered in the stuff!

Your call.

Mr Mr

ah good point on the toys and condoms. bugger. more thinking to be done.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

You could buy the 3 flavoured/scented earthly body range and also some flavoured lube for the kissing and stuff expecially when you propose to add condoms into the mix.

Something like this is a lubricant and for massage. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19298 There are other flavours in this range.

I think ill go for the candles and that oil, and just be careful on how I use them. We have some of the durex 2 in 1 lube, but it lasted no more than a minute or two

I know Hella is a big fan of using silicone lube as a massage product.

To me, I can see a lot of negatives. Lots of mess and it's a complete bitch to clean off, but it is kissable (Don't ingest a lot, it wont do you any harm but by god will it hang around in your mouth) but it is condom safe and it'll last longer than a water based lube.

ju [sign in to see picture]

we use our silicone lube for massage too- it's brilliant. i haven't found it messy or hard to clean up. & i can use it with some of my toys.

the candles are nice. feel wonderful at first but can get sticky as the wax cools down. not really a problem tho as we use lube or oil too. the candles are a sexy little extra.

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

EskimoKisser wrote:

would coconut oil be a good massage oil? Cant say its ever occured to me!

It's an excellent massage oil! It starts solid, but melts at skin temperature, the taste is inoffensive, the smell is lovely, and if you ingest any, it's actually very healthy for you. Cocoa butter is a bit harder in texture - more like a chapstick - so it would need to be blended with something else to be a good massage oil.

I wouldn't recommend the edible lube/massage oil combos, based on the reviews I've read. I haven't tried them, but things that try to serve two purposes are often substandard at both.

Silicone lube is completely condom safe. Pre-lubricated condoms are lubricated with silicone lube.

I've heard there is some contention over how healthy coconut oil is. I've heard that coconut and palm oils have very high levels of saturated fat. Extra Virgin oilive oil is really good for you though. =)

I might pick up some coconut oil tbh. Im not looking to ingest it deliberately, so it sould be good. That along with a condle and the Touche lavendar and vanilla

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

what do you think I use to make my latex clothing so shiny? :p

Do you really want answers to that, Hella?

(I thought you had a team of Lovehoney interns with chamois on standby 24hrs a day...)

HoneyBordello [sign in to see picture]

I always use coconut oil for massage, as while I'm not intending to taste it, I usually end up licking it at some point! Used purely as a massage oil (not a lube) it works really well - nice light oil that absorbs well, smells amazing, and is completely edible. I use coconut oil for cooking and keep another tub for massage. I buy Pure Coconut Oil from Holland & Barrett, it comes in a hard oil form, which is also less messy than a bottle of liquid...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.