• vibrator and battery life

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Thanks Laveila. I find that I only use it for like 2 occasions which lasts like 15-20 minutes each before it fizzles out... and I charge for ages. I'll try keeping on track for how long it lasts again on a full charge.

I appreciate the extra info on the Lelo specifications. Thanks.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

YW. try to find out and then maybe contact lh. Is it a new one?

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I have bought it fairly recently- like just a month ago.

It seems that my run time comes to about just less than an hour which does fit into what you've specified (I always use it on medium-high). It's odd though because it does seem like sometimes when I don't use it as often, the time cuts down to how long I can use it for, if that makes sense. I'll keep it for now I guess unless there are any other issues.

Aside from how long it lasts I really do love it. Best bullet vibe I've ever had, by far.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Lelo toys generally hold charge well. never tested it with the Mia, but Gigi still has the power since end of December. I did not use it for a while, as I was too low thanks to life. But it is still not running out. Meaning it holds it over the 90 days which Lelo claims. Think its over 120 days from last charge. At least I cannot recall me recharging it since December.

I guess you can keep it or ask LH what they think. I think it is not working as well as mine, but I do not know how mine would react when not used so often. I tend to charge mine once or twice a week, because it is my most favourite toy and gets the most use.

Abots [sign in to see picture]

Rechargable toys, like all recharabables, work on a basic principle of capacitors. The energy is stored in the capacitor and then discharged either during use or much slower over a longer period time without use.

So, you may charge your toy to full capacity, but it will begin to discharge and you can come back to it and it's only, say, half full.

Jimbo55 [sign in to see picture]

My GF vib uses 2 AA's and the last pair lasted for a fair few weeks but she tryed to put 2 news ones in and it wouldn't work .... she tryed a diffrent too and it still won't work !!!

Could it be broken or is something wrong with it ?

The vib is a Doc Johnson Vivid Dreams Lanny Waterproof Swirling Vibrator

xlovehearts [sign in to see picture]

I bought 2 vibrators off here for the first time and the silencer 2.0 takes C batteries and I found some industrial strength ones as I thought they would last a while. But at first it was really powerful for a couple of minutes and then started dying out. I thought it might have been a dud so I put more in and the same thing happened again. Went back and tried the others and they worked again on full power for about a minute then started dying out again. I find the battery power works after giving them a little break but not continuously. I was wondering if there's something wrong with the batteries or if they're not fitting right inside the toy to keep working well. I might buy some normal c batteries and see how they work. But I decided to spend more on 10 of those batteries thinking they'd last well - and other reviews said the batteries lasted well. I spent £6.95 on eBay for them.

My other vibrator takes AA batteries and from my first use has lasted a lot longer than the silencer one. I bought cheaper batteries and thought I'd see how they last but if they don't last then I'll buy more expensive ones.

I bought a Durex bullet last month and that is still going strong with the original AAA battery provided - though it's not as powerful a toy as the silencer.

So I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem with C batteries lasting? I guess I will get some other batteries to try and then if there is still a problem then maybe there is something wrong with the battery compartment and the way they are fitting inside the toy.

Tried to edit the post but found I couldn't.

Just going to add that they were Duracell industrial c batteries. Thought I was getting a bargain at that price for 10 batteries but not if they don't work. But I've read to make sure it's tightly screwed in place and it's not a problem for it working cause it does work powerfully at first but after about a minute it starts to slow and die out.

I'll go and buy 2 normal c batteries from the shops later and see if they make a difference.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

xlovehearts wrote:

I bought 2 vibrators off here for the first time and the silencer 2.0 takes C batteries and I found some industrial strength ones ...

What do you mean by "industrial strength"? Is the capacity - in mAH - mentioned somewhere on the packaging? The price is absolutely no indicator of battery quality, I've never had a problem with Lidl's dirt cheap ones.

That batteries get weaker as they are getting drained is a fact of life. Rechargeable batteries start out with a bit less power (1.2 V instead of 1.5 V), but keep their power for longer before they suddenly drop dead (unlike the gradual decline of a non-rechargeable battery).

How long a battery will last depends on the battery's capacity and the toy's power consumption, and whereas the former can be found on the packaging, if you are lucky, the latter is pretty much a secret - though you could always try to get the information from LH.

I would advise to either buy rechargeable toys, or toys that take rechargeable batteries (depends on the size of the battery compartment - if it is made to the exact dimensions of a non-rechargeable battery, a rechargeable one won't fit. Fortunately most toys are not so exactly dimensioned - unlike Maglite penlights, grrrr....). In the latter case you'll then have to buy the rechargeable batteries and a battery charger (Lidl sell one that charges C batteries, but you'll have to wait for when the offer comes up).

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291561670131?_mwBanner=1 These were the batteries that I bought. Other reviews said they last well. But I guess it depends on what they are used for. I wasn't expecting them to only work well for 2 minutes. Though when I turned it on again after having it switched off for a while they were still working again. So maybe it's not a problem with the battery life but with them being the right fit for the toy. As maybe that's why it is working well at first but then the strength of it has moved them out of place if they aren't the right fit or if it's not screwed on right enough.

I'll have a look later and see if they are fitting in properly.

I just noticed there was a piece of card telling you which way the batteries go in. I took that out and it seems to be working now

Talia [sign in to see picture]

This is very strange, but I'm happy that your problem is solved!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.