• Hiding toys from your parents :)

rag doll [sign in to see picture]

my toys have moved from a tatty LH gift box in the the draw under my bed, which didn't have a lid or anything to two neat black filing boxes under my bed, one box for bondage stuff the other for more vanila items- luckerly my mum isnt to nosey but i got ultra jumpy when the nabours kid crawled under my bed to get the cat.

my problem however is washing things like my crotchless knickers, thong and latex panties. even if i do the wash myself i've still got to hang them up in plain sight.

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot9 wrote:

I bought a massive metal box with a lock today :D It's big enough to fit all my toys in and there's still room for more! It was a bargain at £15 - and privacy is priceless, right? :)

As long as my mum doesn't open anything before I get the chance to put it in the box haha

WOW, you must be psychic - I just bought a metal lockable filing box too. It's sat at the end of my bed now in full view, but as it's lockable this isn't a problem. Everyone now just assumes it's full of my paperwork, although that doesn't explain why it's so heavy

spiced tea [sign in to see picture]

This thread makes for some interesting reading! just amazing how creative people can get, but also a little sad I think, as some have said before, sex is the most natural thing and not something you should hide and be embarrassed about... anyways.

I always used to (and in fact still do) fall into the scatterers camp. Even if one hiding place would have been discovered, it means only one thing being found rather than a big pile of paraphernalia. I now only live with my OH so no need to hide stuff, I am simply still in the habit of keeping different toys in different drawers etc.

When I was still living at home, my collection was admittedly much smaller than these days and it was quite easy to stash away. I would have one or two things in my art, craft and sewing stuff boxes underneath odd bits of fabric, paints, balls of yarn (even inside a ball of yarn works with smaller toys) and such, then some smaller items in my toiletry bags zip compartments or wrapped in small plastic bags, the sort you get from boots/similar or in a bit of loo roll - cosmetics bags always seem to be full of odd bits and I tend to wrap shampoos and such in bags anyway to make sure they don't leak everywhere. Another favourite place of mine was in one of my "memories" boxes, I had a few boxes of old letters, leaflets and tickets from events I'd been to, old drawings, seashells and trinkets and such random bits, basically things no one would ever need to borrow and would not be of much interest for anyone either - but also something others could not "organise" or throw away as it was important stuff for me.

My family always used to be pretty respectful of privacy, but as mentioned before, every now and then someone might simply want to borrow non-personal stuff like a handbag which makes it a not-so-good hiding place. (Great when moving house though, as someone pointed out before. if a box is opened and full of handbags and shoes it's not particularly urgent and so you can just say you'd like to organise them as you unpack yourself. equally a few boxes/toys hidden underneath and between books in a big box - just say you have a method for how you want to organise your books on the shelves so they would help the most if they just left the box alone so you can do it the proper way first time round, when you have time later on.) Relatively "plain sight" and of no interest or use to others just always seemed to me the most logical way of hiding anything, even christmas pressies and all. In case you have a mum or sister who loves to borrow your make-up / toiletries - say that you would appreciate them not to do so, as you have read about all the infections you can get from sharing and are a bit irrationally worried about that happening, even though you don't actually believe in them giving you anything you just wish they can respect you being slightly neurotic about it ;) or if you have a mum who would reorganise your wardrobe/desk/room when you're away, again say you feel very particular as to which way you want your things to be arranged and her "helping" is counterproductive as you don't see it as a nice treat but instead you then have to immediately fix it when you get back and thank for the gesture but just ask not to do it.

I now keep about half of my toys in their storage pouches in a few underwear drawers, simply because it's a nice soft place where they don't get squished and are easy to get to, and another half in the bedside cabinet. Lubes are in the same cabinet, as well as some on the bedside table, plus I have covered a few old shoe and LH boxes with pretty wrapping paper to keep my "naughty clothes" in (one for corsets, one for socks and suspender belts etc) The flat's been in a bit of a state recently in general, there seems to be some toy overspill on the bedside tables and bathroom too :) just wonderful not to have to hide stuff and worry about it anymore. we did joke about hanging a recently purchased butt plug with a finger loop handle on one of the bathroom towel hooks next time someone comes to visit, just to see their reaction!

The parents-questioning-locked-containers issue had me thinking though - if you have younger siblings, especially girls, then surely a toiletry / make-up case with a lock should be the easiest thing in the world to justify, as you wouldn't want the young ones to play with your make-up and ruin it! Alternatively, if you are a non-make-upping lady or a male, then take up a hobby that involves expensive, potentially dangerous or delicate stuff - like painting miniatures, they are easy to break and younger kids will surely spill the paints and make a mess of everything! a lot of fine art paints are expensive and can be an irritant and palette knives are sharp, let alone craft knives, pins and nails... you get the idea. as long as the box that needs to be locked (for others' safety or to keep the items inside safe) is big enough to have other stuff underneath :)

Hazy [sign in to see picture]

spiced tea, you have inspired me.

at home I have a drawer full of old painting kits, drawing stuff, pencils, papers,paint brushes... The good stuff is away at uni with me (im studiying something in the creative field so theres loads of it). nobody ever goes in the arts stuff drawer, because there is nothing anybody would ever want/ need in there. a couple more pencil cases and plain wooden boxes wouldnt even be noticed in there.

Another good place for toys would be in a drawer that has all the empty boxes for old phones/cameras/dvd players etc. again somewhere that people rarely go. who actually needs that stuff? yet everybody keeps the boxes "just incase"

In many cases (myself included) im sure it is an irrational fear of getting caught/being humilliated that sparks our desire to hide our naughties. What are the chances of somebody looking for something in the exact place you hid them. unless i hang my vibrators somewhere obvious like in my wardrobe on a hanger or in the desk drawers nobody would go near them because they dont know where else to look for the everyday stuff they need to borrow (ie makeup remover, handbags...)

for now its still the bedside drawers/ under the pillow/ on the shelf in the bathroom (mad trolly dash to put it all away when visitors are coming) but at home discretion is nice.

funguy1234 [sign in to see picture]

im quiet close to my mum so think id just have to talk to her about it,

only thing id be worried about is her telling the restof the family lol

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

This isn't exactly about hiding toys from parents, but I was wondering if those of you who live with parents or nosy housemates keep the boxes your toys come in? Would you be happy to just put them in the bin, even though someone could come across them? Or do you have a special way of getting rid of them?

Just thought I'd ask for advice as my toy chest is full so I want to get rid of some original boxes I don't need - not sure how I'd explain a Dildo box if my mum found it though haha

Highly_Insatiable [sign in to see picture]

I'm moving back to my mums in 2 months, I have a full toy box (at least 12 toys and the same in sets of lingerie).

I also have a 7 year old sis who will no doubt be inquisitive - what do you suggest

I was thinking a lockable flight case (would need to be quite big thought = expensive), or a lockable filing cabinet...

x..x

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

I'm moving back to my mums in 2 months, I have a full toy box (at least 12 toys and the same in sets of lingerie).

I also have a 7 year old sis who will no doubt be inquisitive - what do you suggest

I was thinking a lockable flight case (would need to be quite big thought = expensive), or a lockable filing cabinet...

x..x

I have this : http://www.ryman.co.uk/0161150701/Home-File-Foolscap-with-5-Suspension-Files/Product and I'd definitely recommend it, I have loads of toys and lingerie in there, all in its original packaging. The lock works fine, you get two keys, and you can always say its got your files in. Mine worked out just over £15 with student discount, but £16.99 is not bad at all for this sort of box - I've had a browse elsewhere and these are usually about £30

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

I wouldnt want to risk awkward questions about packaging. I decided the Basic Love Egg packaging was far too obvious so I spent ages cutting it into little squares and them dumped it into a plastic bag which I tied up and put in the big. Shame not to recycle it but I know my dad sometimes squishes the recycle bin down before the council come. I always do that with packaging I'm dubious about.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

At first I kept my stuff in my sponge bag because I was at uni and that was all I had but now I'm back home I'm keeping them in a toiletries travel box which I may take when I go to the new uni. I've been considering a small padlock, though in theory I shouldn't have to since nobody has a reason to snoop through my stuff. In-Excess only had one padlock that was the right size though and it was bright red and industrial looking when I was hoping for something a bit less conspicious so I didn't get it...

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

x..x

I have this : http://www.ryman.co.uk/0161150701/Home-File-Foolscap-with-5-Suspension-Files/Product and I'd definitely recommend it, I have loads of toys and lingerie in there, all in its original packaging. The lock works fine, you get two keys, and you can always say its got your files in. Mine worked out just over £15 with student discount, but £16.99 is not bad at all for this sort of box - I've had a browse elsewhere and these are usually about £30

WOW, I'm loving this idea, the filing cabinet/boxes I was thinking about were the shiny 'look in here' kind, this is inconspicous and will easily fit my 'bundles of joy' in :)

Thank you PPD

x..x

morefun [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

This isn't exactly about hiding toys from parents, but I was wondering if those of you who live with parents or nosy housemates keep the boxes your toys come in? Would you be happy to just put them in the bin, even though someone could come across them? Or do you have a special way of getting rid of them?

Just thought I'd ask for advice as my toy chest is full so I want to get rid of some original boxes I don't need - not sure how I'd explain a Dildo box if my mum found it though haha

Lol. I was still living at home when I bought my first toy. I cut the box up (where there was writing) into teeny tiny pieces so it couldn't be read, put it in a carrier bag and sneaked it into the outside bin soon as I got chance. A bit extreme but thats how desperate I was for her to not know about it.

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

x..x

WOW, I'm loving this idea, the filing cabinet/boxes I was thinking about were the shiny 'look in here' kind, this is inconspicous and will easily fit my 'bundles of joy' in :)

Thank you PPD

x..x

You're welcome :) I know what you mean about the shiny boxes though, they just scream 'i'm hiding something' haha. This comes in different colours as well, and I think Lovehoney should consider selling it :D

Oh and happy birthday, hope you enjoyed your Blue Bella party xx

QueenC [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I used to have a pet rabbit in my room, so whevener I cleaned the cage I would put any packaging in with the waste. I usually have a "big tidy up" of some sort every month or so now, just to get rid of papers etc that have accumalated so thats an easy was of doing it aswell. If all else fails, I wait until theres no one home, put it all in a bag, tie it and put it straight in the outside bin.

On the subject of hiding toys, some of mine are in the bedside cabinet behind some cables and stuff that doesn't get used often. There's one in my underwear drawer in a satin bag, which I've told my mum and sister is my epilator, and I also have a couple in a satin bag in between my bed and the wall.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

x..x

Thank you PPD

x..x

You're welcome :) I know what you mean about the shiny boxes though, they just scream 'i'm hiding something' haha. This comes in different colours as well, and I think Lovehoney should consider selling it :D

I did, it was great.

Thoroughly recommend it to anyone!!

x..x

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Highly_Insatiable wrote:

x..x

Thank you PPD

x..x

Just bought your suggestion, thanks PPD

x..x

I'm glad I could have helped :) x

I think everyone who lives with their parents needs one.

Excited to take my beloveds outta their tacky cardboard box and into a safe, sturdy home! :)

Got the purple one, like my wrist restraints :P

x..x

Candied Citrus [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I usually stuff the packaging into the back of my wardrobe until there's a fire on. Though, unfortunately, the fire is in the living room which is where my dad always hangs out (as his computer is in the living room), so I have to wait until the parents go out to burn the packaging. :/

Hazy [sign in to see picture]

didnt even think about packaging disposal. at uni im so used to throwing it in the bin and taking it out whenever i do the rubbish next. Im glad that im made to take the rubbish out at home (when im there) as ill be able to throw a bag of my own stuff in with toy packaging every now and then. (although probably left till the nght before bin day so the bags dont pop open) :P

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.