• Hiding toys from your parents :)

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

It wasn't the American Challenge dildo or anything like that haha. Only a Swoon Release wand, so I'm hoping she hasn't read everything on the box and doesn't even know what it is. I just hope she doesn't bring it up later. I do not want to discuss sex toys with my mum. Ever.

[suspended user]

suspended user

afraidnotscared wrote:

gunther wrote:

I bet she doesnt do that again lol I think it is actually against the law

It could be even worse - she might like she found & open more of your parcels...!

may even make up a wish list........

I think people make too much of it, my first GF and I bought sex toys when we were 18 / 19 so I couldnt have a negative opinion when I found em in my daughters room, I just wish she put the things out of siht lol

afraidnotscared [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot9 wrote:

I just hope she doesn't bring it up later. I do not want to discuss sex toys with my mum. Ever.

I know where you're coming from on that - my Mum (who's pushing 60) keeps trying to discuss "50 shades" with me.

sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]

afraidnotscared wrote:

PinkPolkaDot9 wrote:

I just hope she doesn't bring it up later. I do not want to discuss sex toys with my mum. Ever.

I know where you're coming from on that - my Mum (who's pushing 60) keeps trying to discuss "50 shades" with me.

Mine too! She knows I've read them all & that I thought they were really tame so could be interesting if she does ever read them & discover what I see as 'tame'.

afraidnotscared [sign in to see picture]

sub-kitten wrote:

afraidnotscared wrote:

PinkPolkaDot9 wrote:

Mine too! She knows I've read them all & that I thought they were really tame so could be interesting if she does ever read them & discover what I see as 'tame'.

Mine has read them, so I dread to think what it is she's wanting to discuss...! *shudder*

(Apoloogies to all for steering this thread off-topic.)

MissBoo [sign in to see picture]

I used to keep my toys in my divan draws under a mountain of junk. My mum found my rabbit on the floor in my bedroom once. I was a little traumatised when she bought the subject up! Although I did accidently find her vibrator once... which was possibly even more horrific. She now keeps asking me whether she'd enjoy 50 Shades. I do not hesitate with my "NO".

I think finding one toy isn't too bad, but I just really don't want her to find the rest. I had hoped to go all my life without my mum knowing I own sex toys, but it wasn't meant to be obviously. I really, really can't wait to move out.

When I lived at home I once left my dildo & lube out after having some fun then totally forgot about it & asked my mum to get something out of my room. When I went back into my room later, I was mortified to see them just sitting there in full view. There was no way she COULDN'T have spotted them. She never said anything though thankfully.

And at our flat now, my mum once called in unannounced & we had to quickly hide restraints we'd set up in the bedroom as that would have been a very awkward situation. It's a studio apartment so we couldn't just shut the door!

She likes to ask me 'how did you get that bruise?' or 'why have you got a bite mark?' to which I always tend to mutter something & change the subject haha.

cheer_up [sign in to see picture]

I wrote a review for a cock ring the other day, and my mum walked into the room, so I quickly stuffed it into my handbag (I like having the product there with me while I write, so I don't leave anything out). Later in the day, I noticed that my handbag had been moved into the table, and was open. Seeing as it's a satchel, with a clip fastening, I'm not sure why it was open.

Then later that day, my mum and I were having a conversation about sex (she recently joined a popular dating website, and she asked me what "sex etiquette" was nowadays. I have absolutely no idea what she's talking about.), and she told me she noticed the condoms in my bag earlier. My embarrassment was somewhat assuaged by the look on her face when I sweetly replied "Oh no, Mum. I'm allergic to condoms. THAT was a cock ring."

She showed a worrying amount of interest in it after that. I'm perturbed.

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot9 wrote:

I think finding one toy isn't too bad, but I just really don't want her to find the rest. I had hoped to go all my life without my mum knowing I own sex toys, but it wasn't meant to be obviously. I really, really can't wait to move out.

I feel your pain PinkPolkaDot. Yes I have a Swoon Release Wand too and that looks 'tame' compared to most other vibes. At least she didn't find anything else!

Also isn't it illegal to open Royal Mail deliveries if they're not addressed to you? I swear I've read that somewhere??

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

PinkPolkaDot9 wrote:

I feel your pain PinkPolkaDot. Yes I have a Swoon Release Wand too and that looks 'tame' compared to most other vibes. At least she didn't find anything else!

Also isn't it illegal to open Royal Mail deliveries if they're not addressed to you? I swear I've read that somewhere??

It is but I think when it's a case of a parent/child then it's a bit of a grey area. The fact that the addressee is living in their house counts for something I think. But even so, it doesn't excuse it & it shouldn't be done.

[suspended user]

suspended user

wish i had opened some of my daughters mail....who the hell sends hypodermic needles by post for "play piercing"?

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

Hmm, my mum opened my post when I was away at uni, in case it was important because I was expecting something in particular, and it meant she ended up opening everything. Should I tell her that she shouldn't do it at all when I go away to my next uni?

Cat Lady wrote:

Hmm, my mum opened my post when I was away at uni, in case it was important because I was expecting something in particular, and it meant she ended up opening everything. Should I tell her that she shouldn't do it at all when I go away to my next uni?

I think if she has permission it may be ok.

[suspended user]

suspended user

my wife opens all my mail keeps me in check lol

[suspended user]

suspended user

Ork wrote:Legally if she has permission it's all good :) though I can imagine it being a bit invasive of your privacy.

Its the nearest I get to playing sub lol

I'm not brave enough to get LH stuff delivered to my parents' house, so I've only ordered things when I knew I'd be at uni housing. Normally they assume all my parcels are books and perhaps I'd have got away with that with the stuff I've ordered so far, so long as they didn't see me open it, but I'd rather not take the chance. It's enough of a problem hiding a parcel of a non sexual nature I foolishly bought on impulse that my parents would not approve of - LH items would be far worse.

I think I may say not to bother opening things next time - I certainly see no reason for anyone except me to see my bank statements and things of a financial nature.

She's never done it before, the only reason why she did is because I bought my sister's birthday present online and we've been waiting ages for it to arrive. Basically she thought that's what it was.

So we were just sat downstairs and she goes 'What is it that you bought' and I just went 'Just this thing.. ' and changed the subject haha. I don't think she's going to bring it up again (hopefully)

It is illegal but if I tell her that she'll definitely want to know what it was and I'm not risking that. And as long as she's not expecting anything then she won't open anything addressed to me again. I hope.

Cat Lady - I think you should tell them not to open your things anymore. You're old enough not to have to explain everything to them. Which is why I was so surprised because my mum always asks me if she can open anything addressed to me when I'm away at uni.

I think you're right, PinkPolkaDot9. It just so happened that I was waiting for a crucial letter from Inland Rev which I needed to get sorted ASAP, so I thought I'd better let her open things where I didn't change the postal address to the uni address. It shouldn't be necessary this time.

I bought a massive metal box with a lock today :D It's big enough to fit all my toys in and there's still room for more! It was a bargain at £15 - and privacy is priceless, right? :)

As long as my mum doesn't open anything before I get the chance to put it in the box haha

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.