• Hiding toys from your parents :)

YoungHavingFun [sign in to see picture]

Currently living on our own so this isn't a problem but we are moving in with his parents soon to save for a mortgage so I will be taking some tips from this page as I'd be mortified if his parents found them haha. Surprisingly, I wouldn't be bothered if my own parents found them!

ady [sign in to see picture]

Don't have to hide toys from preants, we have to hide them from the kids and having the " whats this for mummy/ daddy "

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

I think I've already posted here once, but I'll give you an update. I have a large LH gift box under the bed in a cardboard box, and there's now a padlock on the gift box. (I bought the lock on holiday) As the box is made of strong cardboard, I poked the padlock through the front and then down through the bottom so it locks the front so you can't lift the lid up. My parents don't go snooping around in my room as a rule, but the box is getting really full and heavy now, so if it's padlocked they definately won't be able to open it as I hide the key in my purse!

They have asked a couple of times about my large mysterious parcels but I just say they're for birthdays or Christmas and then sneak them into my box. However we're meant to be moving house soon and I have no idea about what to do with my gift box full of goodies. Hopefully I can sneak it into a packed box somewhere. I wish I could move out, anyone want a flatmate in the East Midlands? I'm nice, but can sometimes be noisy

I share my room with my sister (two years younger) so only get to play in the early hours of the morning when she's asleep. It makes me feel guilty sometimes but if I had my own room we wouldn't have this problem! It makes me sad sometimes that the last time I had my own room was fourteen years ago. I wish I could get a flat :(

Hazy [sign in to see picture]

are you moving somewhere closeby? if so you could leave a locked bag at a close friends house and pick it up later in the week. If they ask why its locked, tell them its got computer stuff/jewellery/coursework in it and you didnt want anything falling out and you dont trust the removal guys or something.

Sneaking your stuff into an already packed box is risky, someone else might open it and try to unpack for you, especially if it is marked as something boring or if it has got someone elses stuff in it too.

I'm dreading moving back home as I know I have a drawerfull of sex toys to get transported and then stored once i'm back. I'm thinking of splitting my collction, but need to find somewhere familyproof too. nobody in my house knocks on doors and its not uncommon for me to find my mum or sister raiding my drawers for makeup/shoes/clothes etc. Mind you some flatmates can be just as nosy as family members, but its their fault if they find out my dirty secrets from mooching around my stuff :p

I like your locked box idea, I might look into getting something and keeping it under my bed, although i'm sure that would raise more suspicions than anything :/

are you moving somewhere closeby? if so you could leave a locked bag at a close friends house and pick it up later in the week. If they ask why its locked, tell them its got computer stuff/jewellery/coursework in it and you didnt want anything falling out and you dont trust the removal guys or something.

That's a good idea Hazy, I never thought about that! And you're probably right about people becoming nosey and trying to unpack it for me; that could have terrible results seeing as all my siblings are younger than me! (Five, ten, two thirteen year olds, two seventeen year olds)

I've decided that if we've not moved by Christmas I'll go for a private rent flat, I do work 45 hours a week so could afford it, but only just. I might have to ask one of my friends to flat share but at least I'll have the place to myself whilst they're at work during the day (I work overnight shifts, usually 9pm-7am) so I can be a happy bunny when I finish my shifts as they'll just be leaving for work!

You said: "I'm dreading moving back home as I know I have a drawerfull of sex toys to get transported and then stored once i'm back. I'm thinking of splitting my collction, but need to find somewhere familyproof too"

So how about one of these? --> http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8753713/Trail/searchtext%3EMETAL+BOX.htm

I don't think it's foolproof lockable (it says on the Q&A page it has a ''push lock'') but maybe you could remove the files, put your sex toys in it and then heap lots of paperwork on top? Then if you tell your family that it's just your paperwork filing cabinet, they have no reason to go in there unless they regularly need your bank statements or coursework If you split your toys, you might lose a few or forget where they are, which will add more worry to going back to the family home. It will be in-your-face though so it depends whether you're cool or not with the possibilty of your family finding them.

If my parents ever found my sex toys, my answer would be: "Would you rather me buy sex toys to pleasure myself or go out on one-night-stands and get STIs and knocked up?" I buy them out of my own wages too, and it's healthy to have a good interest in sex! Saying that, it would be really, really embarressing for all of us if they did find my toys

Hope this helped a little bit :)

[suspended user]

suspended user

As a parent I wouldnt snoop on my daughter neither would my wife, If she did leave her toys out which she used to at times I wouldnt say anything, its her business. Id rather she had a toy in her room than class A drugs. Maybe some are worrying too much.

Thanks happily Experimenting. That kind of box is a great idea :) i'll look into getting one. thankfully my paperwork is one place that my mum doesn't go. Its not so much that they snoop around looking at my stuff and more that they want to borrow something without asking and will look in all the wrong places.

Gunther, I probably am overreacting as my parents are really cool and open. Just some things i'd rather not share and save the embarrassment.

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

I had to move back in with my mother due to illness. Luckily i have a bit of privacy in my room so toys are just stashed in a drawer. What i find difficult is the ordering of new ones, my mother is too curious about packages delivered, even standing over me when opening them. Ordering my wand was a nightmare as, although the love honey postage is discrete the size of the box is not. Thank god for LH's quick deliveries, i was able to time postage with my mothers weekend away. Now my only problem is kicking her out of the house so i can make some noise!!!!!

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

gunther wrote:

As a parent I wouldnt snoop on my daughter neither would my wife, If she did leave her toys out which she used to at times I wouldnt say anything, its her business. Id rather she had a toy in her room than class A drugs. Maybe some are worrying too much.

My mother wouldn't snoop or pry, but if she seen a sex toy in my room i would get all the jokes and questions of the day. She found the box from my first vibrator when i was younger and she had a good joke about it and then went on the ask questions about sex toys and lesbians and lots of other lovely questions that only serve to make a daughter cringe.

In fairness though i have come across a few of her own lovehoney products in my time and i gave as much light hearted ribbing as i got.

luckylesbo wrote: My mother wouldn't snoop or pry, but if she seen a sex toy in my room i would get all the jokes and questions of the day. She found the box from my first vibrator when i was younger and she had a good joke about it and then went on the ask questions about sex toys and lesbians and lots of other lovely questions that only serve to make a daughter cringe.

In fairness though i have come across a few of her own lovehoney products in my time and i gave as much light hearted ribbing as i got.

Yes, this is exactly my problem! My parents don't 'snoop' either but I would rather save myself the embarressment and not have my toys found, especially as I have dildos now and not just vibrators.

Gunther, I have the same problem as Hazy. Our family's motto is that we have nothing to hide, as we're a tight-knit family and aren't supposed to have secrets from each other. It isn't the problem that they go through my stuff - they never have invaded my privacy and don't come in our room without asking - but my mum is forever popping in and out my room, going through boxes to find phone chargers and DVDs, etc. We talk about everything - except sex. I don't know why. Maybe we're just weird XD I wish I had the light-hearted banter LuckyLesbo has

[suspended user]

suspended user

guys n gals keep your room clean and tidy do your own washing and ironing so parents have no reasonable reason to go in your personal space...just an idea

haha i wish that would work gunther. been doing own washing and ironing for years and dont remeber any time anyone cleaned my room for me. that would be a nice thought :P

I'm a big girl, I keep my own space tidy and do my own ironing etc but family are always finds a way to need stuff out of my room, it's a downstairs bedroom which makes it a storage bolt-hole too for everyone else's rubbish

RabbitLover89 [sign in to see picture]

My vibrator's currently hiding in the boring brown box it came in, but that's out in plain-sight right now because I've got so much stuff and not enough space! I'm one of these who has to buy something the moment I fall in love with it, so I end up with more stuff than I have space for! XD

DaPratsta [sign in to see picture]

I keep all my toys in a large brown LoveHoney delivery box.... and I've managed to accumulate a second large delivery box full of all the packaging. I'm now out of space. Damn.

j.j [sign in to see picture]

I live with my mum and to hide mine I keep them in a beauty bag under my bed. She doesn't use my beauty products so I don't need to worry about her going in it.

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

So... I went downstairs earlier only to find my Lovehoney parcel on kitchen table.. OPENED. Oh dear god, out of all the parcels I get through the post my mum just had to open this one. Lovely

[suspended user]

suspended user

I bet she doesnt do that again lol I think it is actually against the law

afraidnotscared [sign in to see picture]

gunther wrote:

I bet she doesnt do that again lol I think it is actually against the law

It could be even worse - she might like she found & open more of your parcels...!

jenkat [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot9 wrote:

So... I went downstairs earlier only to find my Lovehoney parcel on kitchen table.. OPENED. Oh dear god, out of all the parcels I get through the post my mum just had to open this one. Lovely

Oh.Dear.God I feel for you!!!

Hope it wasnt anything TOO perverse :P

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.