• Designing the perfect cock-ring

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Let me start by saying that we are great fans of the LH "Big Daddy" cock ring and clearly we aren't alone: numerous reviewers give it a very high rating too. However, we do wonder if it would be possible to improve on the design still further.

The really good thing about the BD cock ring is its adjust-ability. This makes it easy to put on and allows you to set the tension just right. It also allows you to rig it behind the balls but we aren't big fans of this as it projects the balls too far forward resulting in something more Mosquito than Spitfire IYSWIM.

It also has just about the perfect amount of elasticity so that it doesn't dig in excessively as one grows and hardens (as metal cock-rings tend to do) and it doesn't constrict the blood flow when flaccid as some of the super stretchy, small diameter ones do (this latter sort also tend to give rather too little constriction to the blood flow when you are erect). I see this as a safety issue as one is likely to be rendered comatose after sex so restoring blood flow to the flaccid cock is handy - one might need it again in the future.

OK - so what could be better? Well, the first thing is that a cock-ring enhances your erection by constricting the blood flow out of the penis via the dorsal veins of which there are three - two deep and one superficial. So the useful pressure the ring exerts is on the top of the cock near the mid line. Pressure elsewhere constricts things we would rather not constrict - especially the urethra which runs on the ventral (underneath) side of the penis. This can easily be constricted (more easily it seems than the dorsal veins) so by the time a cock-ring is tight enough to do its job the chances are you will need to ejaculate out of your ears.

I made a significant improvement to the BD simply by removing the two plugs out of the loose ends of the tube and joining them by sliding them equally over a 30mm length of 6mm diameter rigid plastic rod (so that the rod is completely covered by the tubing). This produces a loop with a hard, straight area in the middle. If this is now used as the ring the harder area now bears on the dorsal veins and does it trick with less tension in the tubing and thus less pressure on the urethra. Good but not perfect (I almost said no cigar).

Of course the ideal solution would be a ring that pressed onto the dorsal veins without pressing on the urethra at all. One 'ring' that seems to do this is the "Guardian erection ring". I'll not post any link but if you google a picture of it and you'll see the designer understood the physiology outlined above but, from the only review I can find on the web, the execution seems poor (much like its newspaper namesake). Also, it lacks any adjust-ability. My feeling is that a BD cock-ring where the tensioner is not just a simple bead but a flared U-shaped bridge that spans over the urethra would be a better solution but the detail eludes me.

Anyway, I throw it out to LH and the assembled company to design the perfect cock-ring.

Geordie_Paul [sign in to see picture]

Absolutely fantastic idea and I hope they are reading mate... and I would request 5% of all overall sales of the futures item Haha

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.