• Should LH be selling Anal Eaze?

    1310083782
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 612
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    This is sort of a subject i've considered asking about for a while on LH, but with the recent Lotions and Potions month and a review of Anal Eaze being written, it really has spured me on to asking if Anal Eze is a product that LH should be stocking?

    Firstly I am certain I am singing to the choir here, but it is fairly self-explanitory to say that pain exists to inform your body when you are doing something potentially damaging. When it comes to anal sex, it is so, so, so, so, so easy to damage something it is almost a wonder it can feel enjoyable. If anal sex is done "properly," ie, with lots of lube, lots of relaxation, lots of communication and lots of time, it should not hurt, and that should then lead to it being either enjoyable or just Meh.

    If you are having anal sex, and it is painful, you are doing damage, and you are potentially causing permanent harm. I know there are shock stories out there that try to turn people off anal sex entirely, but serious health problems, from rectal bleeding and hemorrhoids to infection and fecal incontinence do happen as a result of improper anal sex.

    Should LH then be selling a prodect that effectly turns off the signal that says you are performing a damaging act, there by, not making the anal sex itself better, just barable? It seems to me that by providing an irrisponsible product, it goes against LH's well deserved policy of being The sexual happiness people.

    1310083992

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2536
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Well i think you are right Pixieking the hurt ouch feeling is there to tell you its a not good situation and there are some that probally like the pain too.

    1310087217
    pimpstress [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 63
    • Joined: 20 Oct 2009

    Im with you Avrielle!

    1310107423
    MrSarcastic [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 186
    • Joined: 7 May 2011

    Unfortunatly them products are needed imo and if LH didnt sell them then they will lose out on those that buy the "big" anal toys for example say i wanted a nice big toy like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15010 then i look for the anal eaze its not there i might as well get the toy and eaze from another site so they arrive at the same time unless i was going to say a couple of quid on the toy.

    You have to remember that some toys are big and some people like them and without that product then they are not going to get it in. Sure maybe an experienced user can without the eaze but someone thats jumping toys quickly would need it.

    1310113126
    ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 625
    • Joined: 26 Sep 2010

    MrSarcastic wrote:

    Unfortunatly them products are needed imo and if LH didnt sell them then they will lose out on those that buy the "big" anal toys for example say i wanted a nice big toy like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15010 then i look for the anal eaze its not there i might as well get the toy and eaze from another site so they arrive at the same time unless i was going to say a couple of quid on the toy.

    You have to remember that some toys are big and some people like them and without that product then they are not going to get it in. Sure maybe an experienced user can without the eaze but someone thats jumping toys quickly would need it.

    Mr S that is exactly why they shouldnt be using it, jumping size and not being able to feel pain is when you are likely to cause damage. IMO Lh should be putting the info/warning on the site where it can be seen easily

    xGGx

    1310118081
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 732
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    I see the logic behind it, that the desensitising is less to avoid pain and more to facilitate muscle relaxation. The main danger is from initial penetration, when your body senses it and tightens up, before relaxing again. By stopping or mitigating this 'clench', there's less chance of tearing due to muscle rigidity. More experienced anal players - such as those after big toys - will know what their bodies can and cannot take, and can use it safely as a way to avoid the uncontrollable muscle resistance.

    The danger is with folk who don't know what they're doing, but then that's the same with anything. In theory, those folk shouldn't be putting anything overly large up their bums, so the psychological relaxant provided by applying something that'll "stop the ouchie" can be enough to get them past the mental block that causes them to be so tense that even a single finger can be uncomfortable.

    It does have its legitimate uses, and I would assume there's some kind of warning on the box, but maybe LH should mention in the blurb about how it doesn't remove risks inherent with using toys that are too big for you, or should bypass the usual warm-up, lube, and go slowly and carefully.

    1310119451
    MrSarcastic [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 186
    • Joined: 7 May 2011

    I agree people shouldnt jump toy size but it happens, if people have any common sense then they get use to a toy size before jumping up to the next one i guess i should of said that. Im still new with small objects, i think most the people that will use anal eaze are those that are more experienced if im honest and use the bigger toys. Ive never used the product so i can not say exaclty how it works, maybe a small warning is needed but does any other site place warnings??? I only use LH so i dont know...

    Like i said people should use there common sense and not think "im new i can fit the 50"plasma up there" lol

    1310119968
    ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 625
    • Joined: 26 Sep 2010

    I havent used it but I did look here for info and advice before trying anal, my issue is that many people dont do that and go straight into full anal penitrative sex without the warm up and lots of lube. That is going to hurt and stop them but this product takes away the ouch factor which is your body's warning system.

    I wouldnt say dont sell it but there needs to be clear advice and warning on the product page

    xGGx

    1310120753
    Postillionager [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 214
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    I agree with everyone here, I've never used the product and I can't really see the point of it. I want to actually feel the sensations of anal pleasure, not desensitize myself to them.

    I would say each to their own, if other people want to use it, fine, but it is potentially a very dangerous thing even in the hands of an experienced user.

    Btw, great cartoon GG!

    1310120965
    Postillionager [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 214
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    The thing is, LH pride themselves on providing as much information and help to the customer about products they sell (and other things too!) Safety comes first and the customer should be aware of exactly what they are buying and using it for before they buy it.

    Agreed, lots of sites and shops don't bother. Just stock it and sell it. But LH do make it a priority to inform the customer of everything they know, provide excellent customer care, and the customers pleasure and enjoyment with their purchase is always number one. That is why LH is one of the biggest Adult shops around!

    The customer can buy the desensatising creams if they wish, but I would like to think that LH would provide the information they need before deciding.

    I have never used a desensatising cream. In fact, I have used lubes that INCREASE sensation for anal in the past, and have thoroughly enjoyed it! If you numb the area, your internal muscles relax, but the chance of doing damage and not being aware of it increases. So I guess the common sense factor applies, but the customer should be given the information clearly if they don't already know it.

    Hi AA, just out of interest, which lube would you say was best for increased sensations?

    1310122694
    Postillionager [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 214
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    Thanks, I'll try that some time :)

    1310125738
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2695
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    I have found that anal eze doesn't cut out the pain but relaxes you more, I use it on the OH but then always use plenty of lube and go slowly. He finds the relaxing helps.

    1310128318
    kelly_michelle [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 132
    • Joined: 15 Apr 2008

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/lubricants/buyers-guide/a-quick-and-easy-guide-to-anal-lubricants/

    There is a bit about desensitising lube in the anal lube guide and there are links to the essentials guides on the pages of the anal easing products (or the couple i looked at).

    I think that Lh would get more complaints for not selling it than they do for selling it. It isn't like they actively promote it as a necessity for anal.

    1310130953

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2536
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    kelly_michelle wrote:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/lubricants/buyers-guide/a-quick-and-easy-guide-to-anal-lubricants/

    There is a bit about desensitising lube in the anal lube guide and there are links to the essentials guides on the pages of the anal easing products (or the couple i looked at).

    I think that Lh would get more complaints for not selling it than they do for selling it. It isn't like they actively promote it as a necessity for anal.

    This statement is very true, of course.

    I don't think (Though I have never actually used any) desensatising creams/lubes are designed to actually cut out all pain like anesthesia, but it does reduce a lot of sensation, (baring in mind that the internal passage actually doesn't have much sensation anyway) and I still feel that this could be dangerous. If you have seen what the interior back passage looks like, you will note that it can actually be all to easy to tear, rupture or bruise it causing pain and possible complications after anal play.

    It's just one of those things. Like electro stim toys, or bondage gear, if you know what you are doing then you should be fine.

    However, desensatising creams and gels are considered to be something that *everybody* uses for anal. A lot of people think that anal is painful and it will always be painful, when in fact it should be the opposite. There is this stigma attatched and people buy desensatising creams because they think it is the only way to do it. I would really like to think that LH would try to remove that stigma and provide information so that everyone who uses the LH site can see.

    AA you should be presidente for the anal users section i not joking it needs someone with a good sense of common practice and safety,i'm with you all the wayLMD

    1310141638
    atlanta [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 272
    • Joined: 9 Apr 2009

    Nothing wrong with a relaxing lube I think but I've always had my doubts about the wisdom of using anything desensitizing. You might as well rub your hole with lidocaine and you won't feel a thing. What then is the point?

    The point then is that these kind of products are pitched at male fantasy. There should be a rule: if you want to do her in the bum, you have to be first done in the bum to find out what it's like. Anyway I seem to remember a line in The Female Eunuch about every man should experience recipient anal sex at least once in his life ...

    As for women who want to give their men a treat and are thinking about how they are going to manage this, I think it's a much better idea to experiment in private with a dildo until you know that you take something the size of dick without suffering pain. In this case knowledge is empowering.

    1310142981
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2695
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    atlanta wrote:

    Nothing wrong with a relaxing lube I think but I've always had my doubts about the wisdom of using anything desensitizing. You might as well rub your hole with lidocaine and you won't feel a thing. What then is the point?

    The point then is that these kind of products are pitched at male fantasy. There should be a rule: if you want to do her in the bum, you have to be first done in the bum to find out what it's like. Anyway I seem to remember a line in The Female Eunuch about every man should experience recipient anal sex at least once in his life ...

    As for women who want to give their men a treat and are thinking about how they are going to manage this, I think it's a much better idea to experiment in private with a dildo until you know that you take something the size of dick without suffering pain. In this case knowledge is empowering.

    I agree completely. There are too many men around who have no idea at all of anal sex or how much it can hurt when not done correctly. On my blog, I have been completely honest about what to do and not to do and how much it can hurt. Unfortunately, some people associated anal for men with homosexuality. I have come across many a man who will be quite happy to give anal sex, but never recieve it or anything anal for that matter.

    I would never let a guy give me anal who had no concept of how anal sex works or how much it can hurt.

    1310143876
    kelly_michelle [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 132
    • Joined: 15 Apr 2008

    I think the real issue is the lack of knowledge out there about anal sex. Maybe Lovehoney could do an anal awareness week/month.

    1310148541
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2695
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    kelly_michelle wrote:

    I think the real issue is the lack of knowledge out there about anal sex. Maybe Lovehoney could do an anal awareness week/month.

    *Likes* That is a fab idea, and with luck it could catch on!

    I like it as well. Although, I think generally most people on Lovehoney are more knowledgeable when it comes to sex and bodies. I think it is the general population who needs anal awareness.

    1310205228
    Postillionager [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 214
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    kelly_michelle wrote:

    I think the real issue is the lack of knowledge out there about anal sex. Maybe Lovehoney could do an anal awareness week/month.

    *Likes* That is a fab idea, and with luck it could catch on!

    I like it as well. Although, I think generally most people on Lovehoney are more knowledgeable when it comes to sex and bodies. I think it is the general population who needs anal awareness.

    I thought every week was anal awareness week!

    But seriously, that's a very good idea.

    1310207605
    Dee_licious333 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1163
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2011

    We started off with just fingers then onto dildos and we do use anal ease and its great, esp for me! You still feel some uncomfortableness so I doubt you could really do any harm as it doesnt rid you of pain or uncomfortableness completely but I hear what you are saying.

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.